•           ai.php.gif

Stringy Pete

Where'd everyone go?

I used to frequently check in on this forum, and others, back around 2012-2015 before I made an account. And the forums were bustling! Always something new to read about or pictures to drool over. I stopped viewing the forums in 2014 when things started to hit the fan in my life and I got to being so busy that, on some days, I literally had to decide whether I wanted to eat, nap, or take a shit because I had such little spare time... Shit, I'm straying off topic. Back to the original question. Where the hell is everybody? The forums seem so quiet these days...

2015, I mean. But it won't let me edit the OP. Not that it's important, but leaving it uncorrected would have irked me lol

ETA- Well god damn, apparently I was editing the post. I'm new, I don't know what to do!! (Sir Joseph Dirt reference)

And apparently when I actually believe I'm making an edit, I make a separate post. Why am I such a backwards person?? Bahh, screw it.

• Like 2

Well, Indican and Sinister started treating this forum like his own, so many former members did not like this and left...me included. I still lurk and check my pm’s, but won’t post up grow pics or anything.

Not trying to start any fights , just letting the truth be known

I wish Indican and Sinister the best in 2018, I harbor no hard feeling s towards anyone about this.

• Like 1

Well, Indican and Sinister started treating this forum like his own, so many former members did not like this and left...me included. I still lurk and check my pm’s, but won’t post up grow pics or anything.

Not trying to start any fights , just letting the truth be known

I wish Indican and Sinister the best in 2018, I harbor no hard feeling s towards anyone about this.

If you had more info Smokey, then you'd have a right to run your soup cooler. I started an interactive thread you piss ant. People to talk n show pics. You know, what threads n forums are for. Theres stuff behind the scenes going on and seeds are legal in my area. Not sold a bean off og so mind your business. Santero just did a seed giveaway. Did u say shit? Bro you used to beg me for seeds. Get off the boards because you are nothing but drama everytime you get online. You jealous of my skills fool? Rat.

And remember you pm'ing me saying you were the cause of shit last time and apologizing? Youre a lil snake in the grass. Keep lurkin. Cuz you aint got shit to say worth listening to.

• Like 1

All forums are like ocean waves, sometimes they crash hard on the shore, loud,with lots of spray, and sometimes, they just wash up all easy like.

I do not get involved in drama on the boards, just do not read threads that belong to the drama drunks.

• Like 6

The thing most funny, I STICK TO MY THREAD TO AVOID DRAMA. I post maybe 1x per week. If thats treating the entire forum as my own, then call me mr OG smokey. Get the eff outta here with your jealousy. Sorry I got good beans. Man, youre really gonna lose it when Sannie slaps my strains in the shop huh. Lol.. Funny lil guy.

Ok, now don’t go making things up there Indican.

I didn’t call you names or make outrageous claims, just told the truth. I can list off 20 people who left because of you. It’s not a big deal we all found a better place that you can’t go so it’s cool . I wish you succes with your seed company, I know you can put some good stuff together. I hope you make good money when you get listed here at Sannies, I’m not hating on you , just answered the op’ s question.

You wanna attack me go ahead , doesn’t bother me in the least...

• Like 1

(click this pic for my honest opinion, lol.)

first_sx_experience_05.gif

hahaha ... new year = new drama, lol.

please roll a doobie and chill, people.

• Like 7

Take a step back guy's !

Lets keep it nice

greetz sannie

• Like 8

Welp, certainly didn't expect all of this. I'm just gonna delete this thread, as soon as I figure out how. Yeesh.

Alright, I can't figure it out. Surprise, surprise lol. Somebody wanna help me out here? Admin,mod, anybody?

• Like 1

I'm thirsty for some Diet Keke right now . . .

And welcome back, Stringy. Threads are normally here forever, like Sanskrit.

• Like 4

[Welp, certainly didn't expect all of this. ]

Hey man, do not fret about this at all.

This same discurrent between some folks and others is as old as the forums are.,

My guess when you was here before, you just may have not bumped into it, but as long as I've been here, there was always *wrinkles* between some folks and others......not taking any side, just sayin.,

So man, grab some dirt, sling some beans, and grow em hard man, as that is the prime directive.

• Like 3

[Welp, certainly didn't expect all of this. ]

Hey man, do not fret about this at all.

This same discurrent between some folks and others is as old as the forums are.,

My guess when you was here before, you just may have not bumped into it, but as long as I've been here, there was always *wrinkles* between some folks and others......not taking any side, just sayin.,

So man, grab some dirt, sling some beans, and grow em hard man, as that is the prime directive.

a'yep!

I think a lot of people may still be lurking but they don't get involved anymore. multiple relocations followed by security concerns just left some people weighing risk versus reward. risk is high reward is low. it gets to the point where a thread starter says "water the plants " and some smart ass jumps in and says " you don't water you feed stupid" and it just devolves. a good example would be sannie having to throw cold water here in this thread. there's usually discourse between this on and that one. if "that" one is a mod..... "this" one winds up feeling a heel on their throat....blah blah blah it gets old. the real joy of sites like these for me was the comradery in showing new growers how to become proficient. I'd answer the same kindergarten question a hundred times...... as if it was the first time. that's because for the new poster it was the first time. a year down the line that kindergarten grower is pissing on people putting people down and bragging about his "mad grow skillz"....... it does get tedious. 10 years ago the answers weren't really out there. now because of what a lot of people did in these forums google can answer most questions. It is always good to see some familiar faces and i hope you all are well.

• Like 2

I love you everybody

Sorry if i ever rubbed anyone in the wrong way somehow

We are all on the same side peace my friends open grow and the shop is my favorite place to come

Remember the commercial from 20 years ago or more... "..I love you, maaan..." I can't remember what is was about, though... just that everyone said that for a couple of years.

Remember the commercial from 20 years ago or more... "..I love you, maaan..." I can't remember what is was about, though... just that everyone said that for a couple of years.

Here you go...

Yup, that's the one. I knew it had to be that light beer commercial. I watched the next video with the top ten Super Bowl commercials. The last one was hilarious, where they bred a chihuahua and a doberman. That was funny.

peace

mrG... I love you maaaaan.

• Like 1

There is drama on every forum I have ever encountered... any time you cross passion with opinion there can be waves... big waves.. and sometimes they are allowed to grow into tsunamis that cause damage. We have endured a tsunami, or two, around here over the last few years and survived it, but we lost some good people along the way.

There have been countless members that have left OpenGrow over the years, for one reason or another... most of which I really miss, mainly because they were cool people and had a lot of related grow-knowledge that they were willing to pass down to new and old growers alike. Good people gone... it's a sad thing.

For some of us experienced growers, sometimes we grow tired of the "easy" questions or the "commonly asked" questions, but we need to keep in mind that for new growers it's a new question... and getting a correct answer to every question is of the most importance.

New growers are beginning to learn about the cannabis plant and a question that is correctly answered feeds into their understanding of how this plant grows and helps them make less mistakes in the long run... and, as we all know, this can create an "obsession" for growing cannabis like it has in many of us.

The majority of the people you helped make it to their first harvest don't usually forget the help they received and will pass their knowledge on to other new growers keeping the information flowing.

Each one, teach one... that is how it's supposed to work!

• Like 8

Amen bro. I came in at the end of the last exodus I guess. At least you guys are still here, and your integrity is in tact. There a lot of new people here, and they all seem pretty damn cool.

Thanks to all of the Mods for hanging in there with Sannie. You all do a good job. Babysitting is not easy. But, with what you have created with your hard work is a place where new people don't come in and immediately start flaming. Maybe in other places but not here.

I think new people come here and wonder at first, "wtf? Sure is quiet and civil in here". It's an environment where flaming has a hard time even getting a start here. And, the poor fool who does dance in here and start slinging it, well, we've all seen our mods at work.

Thanks to all of the mods, who keep the same feel in here in OG, regardless of the others who have moved on. I've been noticing that you have all been involved a lot more lately. You're all doing a nice job with all of the new peeps. You're keeping your focus very well, and I for one appreciate it.

The mods are a lot of all that is left of some of the old timers in this forum, and a lot of peeps look up to you now.

Again. Thank you to all the Mods and to Sannie. At least you are working hard to make it work. We all see that, too!

peace

mrG

• Like 7