Where'd everyone go?

42 replies to this topic

#1 Stringy Pete

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:30 AM

I used to frequently check in on this forum, and others, back around 2012-2015 before I made an account. And the forums were bustling! Always something new to read about or pictures to drool over. I stopped viewing the forums in 2014 when things started to hit the fan in my life and I got to being so busy that, on some days, I literally had to decide whether I wanted to eat, nap, or take a shit because I had such little spare time... Shit, I'm straying off topic. Back to the original question. Where the hell is everybody? The forums seem so quiet these days...

2015, I mean. But it won't let me edit the OP. Not that it's important, but leaving it uncorrected would have irked me lol
Sure, fruity smells are nice... But, have you ever huffed a skunks ass?

#2 Stringy Pete

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

ETA- Well god damn, apparently I was editing the post. I'm new, I don't know what to do!! (Sir Joseph Dirt reference)

And apparently when I actually believe I'm making an edit, I make a separate post. Why am I such a backwards person?? Bahh, screw it.

#3 amsterdammer

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:31 AM

I might have scared them away...lol

#4 Smokey Pockets

PotHead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1581 posts
  • Interests:travelling,
    Gardening,
    skateboarding,
    trancendentalism

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

Well, Indican and Sinister started treating this forum like his own, so many former members did not like this and left...me included. I still lurk and check my pm’s, but won’t post up grow pics or anything.
Not trying to start any fights , just letting the truth be known

I wish Indican and Sinister the best in 2018, I harbor no hard feeling s towards anyone about this.

#5 Indican

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7077 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

View PostSmokey Pockets, on 07 January 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Well, Indican and Sinister started treating this forum like his own, so many former members did not like this and left...me included. I still lurk and check my pm’s, but won’t post up grow pics or anything.
Not trying to start any fights , just letting the truth be known

I wish Indican and Sinister the best in 2018, I harbor no hard feeling s towards anyone about this.

If you had more info Smokey, then you'd have a right to run your soup cooler. I started an interactive thread you piss ant. People to talk n show pics. You know, what threads n forums are for. Theres stuff behind the scenes going on and seeds are legal in my area. Not sold a bean off og so mind your business. Santero just did a seed giveaway. Did u say shit? Bro you used to beg me for seeds. Get off the boards because you are nothing but drama everytime you get online. You jealous of my skills fool? Rat.

And remember you pm'ing me saying you were the cause of shit last time and apologizing? Youre a lil snake in the grass. Keep lurkin. Cuz you aint got shit to say worth listening to.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allen Poe

#6 webeblzr

webeblzr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

All forums are like ocean waves, sometimes they crash hard on the shore, loud,with lots of spray, and sometimes, they just wash up all easy like.

I do not get involved in drama on the boards, just do not read threads that belong to the drama drunks.

#7 Indican

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7077 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

The thing most funny, I STICK TO MY THREAD TO AVOID DRAMA. I post maybe 1x per week. If thats treating the entire forum as my own, then call me mr OG smokey. Get the eff outta here with your jealousy. Sorry I got good beans. Man, youre really gonna lose it when Sannie slaps my strains in the shop huh. Lol.. Funny lil guy.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allen Poe

#8 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

bother :(
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#9 Smokey Pockets

PotHead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1581 posts
  • Interests:travelling,
    Gardening,
    skateboarding,
    trancendentalism

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Ok, now don’t go making things up there Indican.
I didn’t call you names or make outrageous claims, just told the truth. I can list off 20 people who left because of you. It’s not a big deal we all found a better place that you can’t go so it’s cool . I wish you succes with your seed company, I know you can put some good stuff together. I hope you make good money when you get listed here at Sannies, I’m not hating on you , just answered the op’ s question.
You wanna attack me go ahead , doesn’t bother me in the least...

#10 santero

not a breeder ;)

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5598 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

(click this pic for my honest opinion, lol.)
Posted Image

hahaha ... new year = new drama, lol.
please roll a doobie and chill, people.
"A humble person creates room for his own progress ...
An arrogant person believes that he is already there. "

#11 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:44 AM

I don't like popcorn this much :(
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#12 sannie

Breeder

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts
  • Interests:Strong creepy sativa dominant hybrids

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

Take a step back guy's !
Lets keep it nice

greetz sannie
Sannie seeds
Sannie's Photogallery

Organic al the way

#13 Stringy Pete

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Welp, certainly didn't expect all of this. I'm just gonna delete this thread, as soon as I figure out how. Yeesh.

Alright, I can't figure it out. Surprise, surprise lol. Somebody wanna help me out here? Admin,mod, anybody?

#14 ledfoot

Illuminated Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

I'm thirsty for some Diet Keke right now . . .

And welcome back, Stringy. Threads are normally here forever, like Sanskrit.

#15 webeblzr

webeblzr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:09 AM

[Welp, certainly didn't expect all of this. ]

Hey man, do not fret about this at all.
This same discurrent between some folks and others is as old as the forums are.,
My guess when you was here before, you just may have not bumped into it, but as long as I've been here, there was always *wrinkles* between some folks and others......not taking any side, just sayin.,
So man, grab some dirt, sling some beans, and grow em hard man, as that is the prime directive.

#16 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

View Postwebeblzr, on 08 January 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

[Welp, certainly didn't expect all of this. ]

Hey man, do not fret about this at all.
This same discurrent between some folks and others is as old as the forums are.,
My guess when you was here before, you just may have not bumped into it, but as long as I've been here, there was always *wrinkles* between some folks and others......not taking any side, just sayin.,
So man, grab some dirt, sling some beans, and grow em hard man, as that is the prime directive.
a'yep!

"Welcome to Dankville, son"

100% Organically Grown

#17 BOSTON BUD

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:06 AM

I think a lot of people may still be lurking but they don't get involved anymore. multiple relocations followed by security concerns just left some people weighing risk versus reward. risk is high reward is low. it gets to the point where a thread starter says "water the plants " and some smart ass jumps in and says " you don't water you feed stupid" and it just devolves. a good example would be sannie having to throw cold water here in this thread. there's usually discourse between this on and that one. if "that" one is a mod..... "this" one winds up feeling a heel on their throat....blah blah blah it gets old. the real joy of sites like these for me was the comradery in showing new growers how to become proficient. I'd answer the same kindergarten question a hundred times...... as if it was the first time. that's because for the new poster it was the first time. a year down the line that kindergarten grower is pissing on people putting people down and bragging about his "mad grow skillz"....... it does get tedious. 10 years ago the answers weren't really out there. now because of what a lot of people did in these forums google can answer most questions. It is always good to see some familiar faces and i hope you all are well.
"seek not to be better than someone else, seek only to be better than thy former self."

#18 Willow.Beach

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Old school thrash punk , Nature , Unity

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

I love you everybody

Sorry if i ever rubbed anyone in the wrong way somehow

We are all on the same side peace my friends open grow and the shop is my favorite place to come

#19 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

Remember the commercial from 20 years ago or more... "..I love you, maaan..." I can't remember what is was about, though... just that everyone said that for a couple of years.

"Welcome to Dankville, son"

100% Organically Grown

#20 douglasfurtrapper

Tide Pod Challenge Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:Organic growing, building compost, shoe gazing, getting better at everything.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:45 AM

Grow bros? where?
I saw you