•           ai.php.gif

Sign in to follow this  
smokevera

What LED grow light you use

Just want to start my indoor grow, I heard that viparspectrum LED, Mars Hydro, MEIZHI are good, and their price seem not expensive. What led light should I choose? My cabinet is 4x2. :wub:

What are your goals? How much weed are you looking to produce?

I use Platinum LED. I have heard good things about the lights you mentioned. But i have never used them.

• Like 1

I use an Advanced Platinum 450, and liked it so well, I bought a 600. I use both in a space slightly larger than yours, mine is about 28 inches by 52 inches. The 600 is probably overkill, as it can actually bleach my plants if left too low. After 5-6 runs with them, I can attest, they work awesome, and grow killer bud. Goodbye HPS!

I know lots of folks use Mars, but read some negatives about them when I was shopping. With LED's, you REALLY get what you pay for.

Something you might want to consider is two smaller lights, light the 2 Platinum 150's, as opposed to a 300. Since LED's have a pretty specific foot print, some manufacturers structure their light designs so you can get the same wattage you want, yet position the lights for maximum coverage.

Oh, most of the manufacturers have Facebook pages, and growers illustrate their grows, which is a good place to look when researching.

Best of luck to you, LED's are fun!

• Like 2

I had the Hans Panel for testing on Kiwi plants, they are good.

Today I use selfmade COB bars and TLED with success. ;)

Mars Hydro is cheap in every way ...someone told me they worked for 3 grows and then

problems started, like less harvest, LEDs broken and so on.

Sorry, but you get what you pay for.

Don´t waste time and money with that crap.

• Like 3

Remember, you're better off owning one $500 dollar suit, than 5 $100 dollar suits. Same logic with LED's. Forget watts, and buy quality, what you can afford. Black Dog, Illumitex, California Light Works, Kind, will all direct you towards some top shelf stuff, and what some of the pros use. I was going to buy an Illumitex, but the Platinum worked so well, I just kept it.

Oh, also, some companies have "refurbished" "scratch and dent", etc. The Illumitex was about $2500 on Amazon and hydro stores, but they had returns on their website for $1200. (That's overkill for your space, but if you read these websites, there's a ton of LED and grow science you won't find on the el cheapo sites.

My two cents.

• Like 2

I'm growing outdoor in a plastic covered greenhouse. Want to get some polycarb panels someday.

I'm using LED floodlights to keep the plants from flowering. So they come on in the morning and evening and in the middle of the night some.

I started turning them on when there's no sun, better than nothing.

I have some that are 850lumins and some that are 1450lumins. Have about 13 of them on 12 plants. About a dollar or two each.

Seem to be doing good, going to add some more.

• Like 1

What are your goals? How much weed are you looking to produce?

I use Platinum LED. I have heard good things about the lights you mentioned. But i have never used them.

I'm medical grow for myself, so no expect too much for the yields. What size of your grow space and what Platinum light you use? Thank you bro

I use an Advanced Platinum 450, and liked it so well, I bought a 600. I use both in a space slightly larger than yours, mine is about 28 inches by 52 inches. The 600 is probably overkill, as it can actually bleach my plants if left too low. After 5-6 runs with them, I can attest, they work awesome, and grow killer bud. Goodbye HPS!

I know lots of folks use Mars, but read some negatives about them when I was shopping. With LED's, you REALLY get what you pay for.

Something you might want to consider is two smaller lights, light the 2 Platinum 150's, as opposed to a 300. Since LED's have a pretty specific foot print, some manufacturers structure their light designs so you can get the same wattage you want, yet position the lights for maximum coverage.

Oh, most of the manufacturers have Facebook pages, and growers illustrate their grows, which is a good place to look when researching.

Best of luck to you, LED's are fun!

Thank you man, you are helpful!

I had the Hans Panel for testing on Kiwi plants, they are good.

Today I use selfmade COB bars and TLED with success. ;)

Mars Hydro is cheap in every way ...someone told me they worked for 3 grows and then

problems started, like less harvest, LEDs broken and so on.

Sorry, but you get what you pay for.

Don´t waste time and money with that crap.

Thanks bro, will look the platinum LED.

the sales pitch video for the platinum 300 model on amazon was pretty informative. the guy took 5 or 6 lights and measured the PAR and took a spectral output of each.

anyways, i thought in general that blurple led's were older tech that had been replaced by cob led. but, after watching that video, it seems efficiency is not that simple.

check that video out :wave:

• Like 1

Hi guys

Mars hydro reflector series is what I use

I’ve got two in a 40 in x 40 in space they clam to be 300 Watts each I’ve been using them 2 years. 4 grows no issues

Yes they were cheaper then the ones listed in this thread but it was what I could afford at the time

I pull some nice bud out of my tent

I used before this 400 watt hps

Issue little difference

Works for me

Peace

• Like 3

I use the Platinum 600 in a 50 inch by 28 inch grow space, but the 450 works well in that space, too. One reason I chose the Platinums was their rectangular shape, which works well in a lot of spaces.

I've also found they work better raised higher than the 15-24 inch suggested range, sometimes, MUCH higher, 36-40 inches in early veg. They don't look like much, but they are VERY powerful.

Here's my current C99 grow at about 9 weeks under the 600, cutting these in a few days.

gallery_7876_4199_634468.jpg

• Like 3

Hi guys Mars hydro reflector series is what I use I’ve got two in a 40 in x 40 in space they clam to be 300 Watts each I’ve been using them 2 years. 4 grows no issues Yes they were cheaper then the ones listed in this thread but it was what I could afford at the time I pull some nice bud out of my tent I used before this 400 watt hps Issue little difference Works for me Peace

Hi Papalag,

I don´t want to talk bad about Mars in generell but there error rate(?) is high.

Good to hear something positive about them, from you.

What is your gram/watt result with LED/HPS, If I may ask?

With the diy COB bars I will harvest at least 100g.+ than with HPS.

• Like 2

BTW, it's getting to be a mute point with newer LED's, but always check their UVA/UVB spectrum, are they included in the array? Most of the good guys are including this in their products. In fact, I bought some Hortilux PowerVeg UV lights when I was running HPS, for this specific reason.

One of the greatest things about LED's is he UV coverage, as it is proven to increase THC production by 2-4%. My personal experience bears this out, LED buds are danker, IMO, more compact, too! I was bragging how they limited stretch, but dang, my past three grows have stretched like mofo's under LED's, Kali Mists and C99's.

Oh, and be sure and spend 10 bucks on a pair of grow room glasses, you'll want them with LED's, and especially with UV stuff.

• Like 1

https://www.gpled.eu/nl/ works good for me -i have no ties to this company-

These are fair prices for COBs, payed a bit less for my DIY with passiv cooling.

this 34w LED could be a good small veg light, it only costs $15: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-Lighting-2-8-ft-34-Watt-White-Integrated-LED-Shop-Light-SHLP-36IN-40K-80CRI-DNA/301158095 3000 lumen, 4000K, 80 CRI.

Can´t enter the page ... ;)

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.homedepot.com/" on this server.

Hi Papalag,

I don´t want to talk bad about Mars in generell but there error rate(?) is high.

Good to hear something positive about them, from you.

What is your gram/watt result with LED/HPS, If I may ask?

With the diy COB bars I will harvest at least 100g.+ than with HPS.

Hi bro

With the hps In a 11sq foot area I would pull anywhere between 14 Oz to 17 Oz depending on strain and time devoted to maintaining the scrog and veg time

I have an 10.5 sq foot tent now and get any where between 12oz to 15 Oz

i Find it color is more intense and quality is the same

Peace

• Like 1

Just ran across this article. Though there really isn't any recommendations on what light to use, it has some good info that may be useful to help find the best light for the money.

https://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/how-much-light-do-you-really-need-t31035.html

And here is a link to the light calculator the article refers to (also very handy)

http://dev.edman007.com/~edman007/pub/par-dli-cal.html

• Like 1

Just ran across this article. Though there really isn't any recommendations on what light to use, it has some good info that may be useful to help find the best light for the money.

https://www.flytrapc...eed-t31035.html

And here is a link to the light calculator the article refers to (also very handy)

http://dev.edman007....ar-dli-cal.html

Awesome man, those very useful :verrygood

• Like 1