•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
smokevera

What LED grow light you use

Just received the Mars Hydro COB!! The packaging is very solid. Measured the size of cob, it is 4.75 Inches Thick from the lense to the top of the driver 7.5 Inches Long 7.5 Inches wide. The COB itself consists The Main COB light and smaller LEDS of Red and Blue ( 4 Blue 12 red ) and the Lense is wide for better coverage. Had took many pics, but don't know how to upload. Anyone know that?

Started my grow, this grow Ill be using:

Pots: 2- 7 gal fabric pots from VIVOSUN

medium :

We're growing these babies in a mix of Pro mix Veg and Herb + Potting with added Perlite

Ventilation:

2- 4 inch 190 / 210 CFM inline and exhaust from iPower and Vivosun

2 small Usb fans to move air around in the tent

Light: Mars cob 100w

@UCOI@AY%FPRZER[T NMXDJ

Good to see you up and running great choice

I believe the mars cod is a new release

I’ve been very happy with mars hydro

Enjoy

Good to see you up and running great choice

I believe the mars cod is a new release

I've been very happy with mars hydro

Enjoy

thank you for the feedback, it is encouraging for my first grow with mars cob.

I switched over to LED over a year ago. I bought a Vyperspectrum 900 for under $300.00 US dollars. I'm on my 5th grow with it and have not had one issue. Works real well and cut my electric bill in half. I use it only for flowering. I still us a M/H for veg.

Hope this helps

Whip :)

I am nearing the end of my fourth ever grow. My first light is a Platinum P300. Great light. I still use it. But i recently added a ViparSpectra V450. These two models are very similar in terms of power consumption. The plants were two weeks into flower when i added the second light. So far, so good. The plants are all doing better with more light.

I haven't had the chance to run experiments to see which is better. All i can say as that two lights are better than one. But If i had to do it over, i probably would have chosen ViparSpectra over Platinum. I only learned about ViparSpectra in the past six months. Here's the issue. The P300 cost $369. The V450 only costs $129. Is the Platinum better than the ViparSpectra? Maybe. Probably. But is it three times better? Absolutely not. (If the P300 lasts three times as long as the V450, i will have to eat my words. Otherwise, the difference isn't that much.)

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm new to LED lights and indoor growing. I live in an apartment so space is at a premium therefore I am thinking of using a set of shelves. I am concerned about LEDs being too intense in a small vertical space and so I've been considering the Apollo GL60. Does anyone have any experience with this light? Or should I look at some of the others like the Platinum 150s?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I use 1 600 watt jhotek

One 600 watt rockpals

2 300 watt bloomspect

1 300 watt wattshines.

• Haha 1

I'm not done yet.

But I'm going to save up.

Wanna try the Platinum series 300.

It's almost 300 bucks but it's top shelf

• Haha 1

Had a HANS PANEL for veg. Phase, only once for testing.

Now I have some Secret Jardin 26 W. LEDs for the little ones.

http://www.secretjardin.com/catalogue/lighting-for-indoor-culture-secret-jardin/lamps-for-indoor-culture-secret-jardin/tled-26w-growing/bl,product,193,0

and another one to play around from SanLight, the M30:

https://www.sanlight.com/leuchten/sanlight-m30/

Last but not least...when will this ever end?! ;)

A DIY 3x4 COBs, I could run them on 600W. but only use 300-400 Max. for uniform illumination in my1x1x2M. Box.

I thought about getting some of those from secret jardin, are they worth it? 

The Hans Panel is great, can't say bad things about it...maybe a little pricey. They have a new one and offering also cobs now.

Greetz

Hy i am using Bestva 2000W double chip Led for my indoor garden. i covers 7.8' x 7.5' and suffecient for my small little plants. As the outdoor conditions are not suitable so i am artificially creating the environment. But these LEDs get warm after 4-5 hrs of long usage. so any other  good alternative.

I recently ordered two Zehui LED lights for my veg tent.  I ordered two similar bulbs about a year and a half ago.  One of them died.  But they are not very expensive, and they are great for vegging small plants.  I don't want to go through the trouble of learning whether they are good for flowering.  But for simple veg, it is cheap and easy.  It screws into a standard E-27 lightbulb socket.

• Like 2

I'm eyeing a maxisun now

Par 1200 approx at 36 inches

But that's upper end "affordable" and lower end top shelf

Decisions....