•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

santero

SANgear

@Sunnyvale

yes, bro ... it's the same father as in the "nyc sour" (= nycd x sd ibl)

oldhaze crosses might come up later on ... i don't want to just hit her up

with anything. it needs to be a good match or there will be no babies ;)

by all means, use the fune for anything you want.

i am eager to see what you come up with, broski!

:verrygood

• Like 4

Good man! I have one NY Sour growing, I Will take cuts of her/him, before I put her in the flowertent. Same for the Killer Haze, Killer Grapes and Zoidfune’s. I learned my lessen to not take clones :lol:...

I would love to see some oldskool haze crosses. Ofcourse there must be a match, but you’ve got the whole strain library, and a good taste... its a matter of time :P  

i love the Fune bro! She is so fast, such a vigor! I am waiting for a nice male, Thats why i popped (to) much seeds. And What you said, it must be a match... i love dreaming about it though:lol:.

——————-

edit:

blues aka. livers, clone only x sour d ibl male)

(reina madre, breeder cut x sour d ibl male)

(tahoe og, clone only x sour d ibl male)

i search for the Queen Mother and dreaming that with some imagination with a Sour Diesel? Yummie! Sure want to try that one (and like a kid in the candy store, the tahoe OG x diesel sounds also something I want to have in my room...)

keep up the good work brother :D

• Like 6

On 2/12/2019 at 7:05 PM, santero said:

it's the same father as in the "nyc sour" (= nycd x sd ibl)

Uhuhu nice! Will they be on Seedheaven at some point?

• Like 3

i had three different nycd clones ... one was called "red grapefruit", selected by soma himself (the one esko used),

mandarina cut also soma (came via france) and one called 'alchemia' from spain around 2004 (or 2006? *not sure*)

tbh, i did not like them so much. i prefer the original sour diesel without the soma influence of afghan/hawaiian in there.

but tastes differ and the clones were selected professionally, so i have secured them for myself by hitting the clones with

a few different males (sour diesel, lemon thai ect.)

i have no plans for the nycd-crosses ...

btw, i recieved some new stuff:

- durbanghani, usc's own cut

- bubba katsu (this one i had in the past and only called her back for @sannie)

- phantom cookies, SiTo from spain

- alien tech / sour alien dawg, bohempian cut (also already had that, very nice smoke)

- warlock, trunk cut

let's see which of those i do like and keep around B)

BKK won't stay, tho ... i have the original bubba from 93.

(p98 is the s1 from that and katsu is again a fem of this = s2)

• Like 10

You are the man brother! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Warlock for sure and all the alien strains I’ve had were gassy as hell.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, santero said:

- bubba katsu (this one i had in the past and only called her back for @sannie)

BKK won't stay, tho ... i have the original bubba from 93.

(p98 is the s1 from that and katsu is again a fem of this = s2)

Interesting. Is the katsu for the mad kush?

• Like 2

@santero

How does the original Bubba compare to the Katsu and Pre98 in effect, and what are your breeding plans (if any) for the original Bubba? I have heard that there are people out there holding the original Bubba seedlines in California, but as you know, people like to say all sorts of things. 

• Like 1

all bubba effects are the same = couchlock with a coffee/choco/kush taste.

all of them take 9-10 weeks (i let them go for ten, more sleepy *snooore*).

i love bubba, but she is much better in the crosses then by herself (my very

personal opinion here, no judgement over the really great smoke, it's just me).

i had a bubba bx program going (started this around six years ago, now it's at stage bx4 f5)

but this is on hold, since about a year or so. i have to be honest: i got a teeny tiny bit bored

with the superslow cabbage-like growth (real bubba takes ages to get big enough for flo, haha).

i had the lemon thai to the bubba mother in the past and have shared this to many people (here

too). let's see what i come up with *no rush* she gets hit regularly when i have her in flo.

the most current cross i made (not ready yet) is =

bk93mom x (stardawg, manny cut/sour diesel ibl 2010) male.

maybe this is good and gets to be a limited offer or so, let's see.

they are no serious project and i'd have to test a few of them first.

if there are people with original seeds then i'd prefer their work over mine ...

(i am not a "breeder") ... i did this bubba project just for myself, tbh. low seed

#'s and only to have a "pure" bubba male at some point .. ah, well ... *shrug*

• Like 14

11 hours ago, santero said:

i had a bubba bx program going (started this around six years ago, now it's at stage bx4 f5)

but this is on hold, since about a year or so. i have to be honest: i got a teeny tiny bit bored

with the superslow cabbage-like growth (real bubba takes ages to get big enough for flo, haha).

i had the lemon thai to the bubba mother in the past and have shared this to many people (here

too). let's see what i come up with *no rush* she gets hit regularly when i have her in flo.

If you ever need someone to look through those Bubba BX beans, or continue the project, I'm your man.  

• Like 1

Weedstradamus predicts at least one Lemon Bubba grow and smoke report on Open Grow, by autumn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

Weedstradamus predicts at least one Lemon Bubba grow and smoke report on Open Grow, by autumn.

Lemon Bubba is definitely a winner. But as San has said, make sure you give her some veg time.  I only gave her 2 weeks from seed, I'd suggest 4-6 weeks before the flip. She will grow very dense buds with little to no branching. Just golf ball sized buds all the way up the stalk. Mine didn't have much smell. Also, she was a very smooth smoke. And with a couple of months cure, you can barely feel it on the inhale. Can't really explain the flavor (typical for me) but she has a very slight hint of lemon scent, with a hint of coffee taste. But seems like it changes with every joint. Very good high. It's been a while since I've smoked her, and never did a decent smoke report. But I do remember it be a strong relaxing body stone with a happy mood booster. No couchlock for me, a little lazy, yes. 

Sorry it's not more detailed, but explaining weed with more than a thumbs up or down is is where my creativity ends. Lol

good luck growing her, I believe you will be satisfied with this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How long in flowering? I'm thinking of sticking something sort of fast in my new bucket thingy to see how it works. That or wait and do it outside. peace

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

How long in flowering? I'm thinking of sticking something sort of fast in my new bucket thingy to see how it works. That or wait and do it outside. peace

I went back and checked, looks like I let the Lemon bubba go almost 10 weeks from showing pistils. Remember I had a issue with the cold in the room, 45* temps during lights out, so she slowed quite a bit. With proper temps and 3-4 week veg, she should be ready to harvest much closer to 8 weeks. I would even suggest keeping the lights a little higher than you normally would for the first couple of weeks of veg. Try and get her to stretch a little to open up the nodes. Otherwise she will get dense and the buds growing on her stalk won't get much light. She is unique, and a joy to grow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bubba = never fast, not in veg, not in flo ... that's why (real) pure kushes have not many

fans in growing world and get crossed with satties to boost they developments a bit.

still, bubba is so stable/strong in genetics that it transaltes to its kids very reliable and

influences the growth always. takes at least 4-6 weeks to grow into a plant that is big

enough for flip and it takes 9-10 (ten is better) for it to mature. crossing it to the lemon

thai took away a bit of the couchlock and added some anti-anxiety head with some up-

lifting/creative boost. the flo will be best around ten weeks, imo.

potency is high, but the mixed smoke makes you float. coffee = the bubba, lemons = thai ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yes, she has a hint of coffee in her. I notice it on the exhale. 

When crossed with the SiFi Blaze, she still maintained her bud structure, but branches improved. She still likes to veg a while, definitely not a 12/12 from seed strain. 

• Like 2

I had a nighttime cold problem in my old grow room. (Normally dropped to 50 F when the lights went out.) I would say it sets flowering time back 1-2 weeks, but it didn't seem to have an effect on potency.

Another thing it seemed to affect was trichome color changes. They seemed to stay clear for a long time and rarely went cloudy. They'd just be clear, then I'd start seeing a few amber trichs pop up.

[Sorry to send the thread off on a tangent. Heading back toward relevance now.]

As far as Lemon Bubba goes, I'm always willing to check out what could be a high-potency hybrid. Since this is a real F1, I would guess all your plants were similar?

BTW, my brother has a new test for whether he likes a strain or not: If he turns his head too fast after doing a hit, he wants a little brain matter to leak out of his ear. Otherwise, he's moving on.

• Haha 4

Leaking brain matter....hahahahahaha

that is so funny. My wife calls my Onyx Fire (lemon bubba x SiFiBlaze) "brain drain" she says every time I smoke it I get dumber...stupid ideas start flowing, not creative, just dumb..lol

• Like 3

Ah, all good stories! 

I agree about the cold. It hampered my grow last winter immensely. I struggled with that one. I would have needed a heater, and humidifier, and a decent air intake/exhaust. I really saw first hand, what effect environment plays in your indoor grows.. EVERYTHING! It was like riding a roller coaster going up and down.

I'm glad I didn't try growing this winter without the correct environment in place. It's been much colder this year and more of it, too. It's still 3F degrees this morning. We got about 3 inches of snow last night.Sun came out blazing this morning and I thought the storm passed without much affect. But now, it's cloudy again and the sun won't be helping to warm my house today! lol

peace

• Like 1

Hey guys good to know, I am going to eventually pop that Sci fi x Lemon, so she is gonna need a bit of veg time and a bit longer flower time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Hey guys good to know, I am going to eventually pop that Sci fi x Lemon, so she is gonna need a bit of veg time and a bit longer flower time.

Yes, give her a month or so to veg and she should be ready to harvest at around 9 weeks with some amber. Take cuttings, clones rooted and showed new growth in 7-10 days just using old soil in a solo cup. i pushed the clones into flower at 30 days from taking the cuts (Oct 10) and harvested on Dec 20th. About 70-75 days of 12/12. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1