•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

santero

SANgear

Bubba lemon :verrygood

D88CB268-E9A2-4354-9DE1-25B58E618DD3.jpeg

32E71625-8893-4666-B604-941C05CA7C54.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

If that's anything like Lemon Bubba, it's going in my next grow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Misterdirt said:

If that's anything like Lemon Bubba, it's going in my next grow.

What a smartass this misterdirt ;) but thank you for the compliment lol.

veg her for loooooooong time :verrygood

• Like 2

It needs a long veg, huh? I may start a couple or three of those. I need slow right now while I create a new grow space.

Yours are looking great Oldschool! I love that dark green look. 

peace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

It needs a long veg, huh? I may start a couple or three of those. I need slow right now while I create a new grow space.

peace

Couple months of veg would be great ;) 

cheers! Take it easy buddy

• Like 2

On 3/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, Mr Goodfellow said:

peace

Same with my Onyx Fire (Lemon Bubba x SiFi Blaze) let it veg until half to 3/4 the height you want it to finish. Be prepared for large dense buds. Oh yes, I forget to tell you. The longer she cures, the more it hits the body. Still has a great happy head high, but this stuff is now starting to Cozz couch lock. Make sure you don’t have anything important to do before smoking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Hey, I love that name you came up with! Onyx Fire!

Sitting around chilling out after smoking it and looking at a picture from the grow I thought, wow that’s almost black. Ummm, black, stoned...black stone, hey that’s onyx. Then thought Onyx Blaze. Nope, ummm...Fire, yep this stuff is fire. Onyx Fire? A few days of internet searches and couldn’t find the name anywhere. So that’s where it came from. 

Besides, when typing strains, they can get long. Typing (Blank x blank) x blank) x ( blank x blank) can get old fast. 

• Like 4

Little update on the bubba lemon :) 

turns out 3 females 1 male :verrygood

75431F1E-B65D-4A42-9F3F-F878D9994C51.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I think I'm going to drop some. Where I put them, well.... After trying the cross by JC that has it, I have to check this out sooner than I had planned. Yours look really nice! I love the deep forest green color. Happy growing!

peace

• Like 2

I still have a few sloth and G39 seeds :icecream:

• Like 2

due to the genetics involed, both lines show the extreme end of the spectrum (sloth = broadleaf and g39 = thin leaf).

growers of both these lines have to decide and compare themselves which one is closer to the cut that got hyped for

30 years. but basically: these two lines try to do different things, imo.

one wants to be a g13-hybrid with all the traits one looks for in modern hybrid and NAW are kings in this regard.

the other (my humble hack) is a try to get the most g13-traits into seed as possible (also the ones not desirable

like the bland taste f.e.) = with no respect for other traits ... i hope u understand what to excpect from both these

lines with these infos in the back of ur heads ;)

• Like 7

Hi SAN. I'm wanting to know a little about the Lemon Thai male you used... Is it the same in all or most all your LT crosses? what stood out for you in choosing him? Also, the Sage,,, can you say a word or two on that as a mother? as you may discern, I just popped some Lemon Sage :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zanzibar said:

I just popped some Lemon Sage :)

sounds like a cool cross...

• Like 2

ah yes "lemon sage" ...

(sage, hennep cut x lemon thai f1 male)

we know the sage from esko (search for infos on this board. he wrote about it a few times).

it was the hennepdesk cut that i put to a LT-F1 male from dutch flowers' orginal release. this

male is lemon candy (i used only this one) and prolongs the flotime of the mothers for a few

days / up to a week and adds very delightful creative, social and uplifting high (free of nervous

antics) to all he touches. enjoy this special mating, it will never be released in a big way.

LS is great, but the winner was "strawberry lemons" (cerise d'exo planck x lemon thai) in my tests ;)

• Like 7

Is the SL gonna be back? I was drooling over that recently.

I'm sort of excited about anything with that LT in it. I recently got to try a JC's cross with his SifiBlaze x Lemon Bubba. It seemed to me that the lemon Thai was really coming through. It got me excited. Is there a chance the LT would come through that strong in a cross? It could be a combo of the Bubba x the LT.... 

I'm gonna drop the LB and some of JC's Onyx Fire. I didn't get any flavors off of the SifiBlaze cross that I got in his Onyx Fire cross. I thought it was all the Bubba an LT.

I just wondered what your thoughts would be on that.

peace

• Like 2

Thank you for the information, Santero. Thankfully, I've already got a pack of the Strawberry Lemons. Looking forward to see what these do. I need to create a thread on what's going on. Hope all's good with you and yours.

Z

• Like 2

On 3/30/2019 at 10:57 AM, oldschoolsg said:

Little update on the bubba lemon :) 

turns out 3 females 1 male :verrygood

75431F1E-B65D-4A42-9F3F-F878D9994C51.jpeg

And all 4 beauties too, you hit the pollen chucker dream lotto

• Like 2

I want to cross that male with my Willie Nelson.

Male selection is so much easier when there's only one.

• Like 5

I went ahead and dropped a few Lemon Bubba and JC's Onyx Fire. I gotta get more of that taste I got in his cross.

I also dropped the last 3 seeds of the Choco Kush. I had one plant going already but it's another male I'm pretty sure. I'm gonna keep some pollen from one of them this time. I really hope I finally get a female out of this bunch. Man, I want to taste it, so bad!! 

peace

• Like 3

I’m thinking of back crossing the Onyx Fire with some original  SiFi Blaze pollen. Try and see if I can get a little more sativa into it. It’s damn good the way it is. But the Lemon Bubba really held dominance in the cross in the F2, so I wanna see what little more of the SiFi Blaze influence will bring. 

• Like 4

That's what I was thinking was going on. After trying the SifiBlaze I didn't find that was coming through. In a way, that's what I wanted to hear. I was hoping it was the LB influence. I love that taste and smell. 

It looks like my two SifiBlaze are males... :-(   Out of 7 plants I got 5 males. Only the two Humboldt Kush x Sugar Punch are females. Maybe a couple are fooling me but I'm pretty sure. 

Did your LB resemble the Onyx Fire taste? Or was it the same at all. Sure seemed like I was getting the Lemon Thai for sure.

peace

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Did your LB resemble the Onyx Fire taste? Or was it the same at all. Sure seemed like I was getting the Lemon Thai for sure.

They are pretty close. I think they both have about the same Lemon, the Onyx has added pine scent taste with the added head high. Also, the Onyx Fire had a bubble gum scent during flower that it lost by harvest, I didn’t notice the Lemon Bubba having it.  With back crossing, I’m not sure what it will add. Maybe more influence from the Silverfields used in the SiFi Blaze. Maybe I should use the Silverfields pollen I used in the SiFi Blaze, it’s been in the freezer, so hope it’s good.

• Like 4

Well, I wish I could help, but I'm only just learning such nuances of breeding. That plan sounds about right to me. I never smoked any of these that you're working with yet, as in the straight up strain before crossing. So, I can't say what is doing what. I bet the Silverfields pollen would make it rock. Make it a little more heady maybe. It's supposed to have a nice flavor too doesn't it? 

I would say SAN would be the better person to ask. Fun stuff to me. Very fun. 

I just put my 9 new seeds into the dirt. One Choco Kush was already showing a tail this morning. I hope the one I have growing turns out female but I think it's a guy. It's a pretty plant, regardless. If they're all males, maybe I'll collect the pollen from all of them and mix it together. Then maybe I can find a female in the future. 

peace

• Like 2