•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Gardener

Seeking grow advice on Killing Fields

Open Growers,

I am seeking advice on growing Killing Fields.

First question: How long does it take the F6 version of KF to respond to 12/12 lighting and flower? (I think i have F6.) I was reading on Kind Green Buds some advice on growing KF. The page is four years old this year. They said that KF can take four weeks to flower.

"These plants continue to grow for 4 weeks after they’ve been switched to a 12/12 lighting cycle, so there’s no need to allow them a long vegetative period...."

Is this still true?

Second question: I want to keep the plant short. I am considering topping above the third node. Remove the first node leaves and branches. Train the branches from the second and third nodes to grow horizontal or lower. Cut the ends, and hopefully grow as many as 16 colas. Am i wrong for thinking that I could control height in this way?

Thanks in advance.

2nd question I have no expertise in but sure someone around here does. That being said, I don't see why not.

1st question, they do continue to stretch for the first 3 or 4 weeks of growth once switched to 12/12. I do believe it's a solid 10 week flowering period.

I would suggest finding a nice green pheno, the purple are good but a smidge weaker than the green.

• Like 1

The respont time to 12/12 depends on the pot size and setting.

The plant will go sooner into flower if you use a 1 liter pot as if you use a 25 liter pot if you start on 12/12.

This only counts for seedlings and not for clones !

This is for hybrids and sativa dominant strains,for indica dominant plants I personaly would advise to use a grow period.

For all type of strains there is a simple tool that you can use to decide when to go on 12/12 and that is when the first fan leafs touch each other you can switch the clock to 12/12/

issue with direct on 12/12 can be that if the grow period in the 12/12 ciclus is not going as it should be and you will flower to small plants, this is why it is more safe to use a growth period.

You can train KF as much as you want but would advise to use a scrog type of grow with a net to support the big buds.

greetz sannie

• Like 7

The respont time to 12/12 depends on the pot size and setting.

The plant will go sooner into flower if you use a 1 liter pot as if you use a 25 liter pot if you start on 12/12.

This only counts for seedlings and not for clones !

This is for hybrids and sativa dominant strains,for indica dominant plants I personaly would advise to use a grow period.

For all type of strains there is a simple tool that you can use to decide when to go on 12/12 and that is when the first fan leafs touch each other you can switch the clock to 12/12/

issue with direct on 12/12 can be that if the grow period in the 12/12 ciclus is not going as it should be and you will flower to small plants, this is why it is more safe to use a growth period.

You can train KF as much as you want but would advise to use a scrog type of grow with a net to support the big buds.

greetz sannie

If i am growing in a 3 gallon pot, would you suggest flipping the lighting to 12/12 while continuing to trim and train the plant for a couple more weeks?

Hey brother, I don't have any experience with KF, but I would do the majority of the trimming and topping then let them recover for a few days before the flip. Training after the flip and through the stretch is fine. In a scrog, training is pretty extensive, tucking branches sometimes twice a day to keep them all the same height. Minor trimming can be done during this time also, I'm talking about removal of new growth fom lower branches that won't get light, just a little every few days.

Hope this helps, good luck and happy grows

• Like 2

I would stop trimming for the most on 12/12 but bending your plants for a scrog is no problem

greetz sannie

• Like 4

If Im topping plants, I give em at least a week on most strains to flip to flower cycle. Not so much a stress issue, more to let the new shoots pop out a lil. But I rarely do any training nowadays, but this weekend Im taking clones off almost all plants in veg, then next week those doner plants are getting flowered.

• Like 4

These little ones are KF f4. I was wonder if someone can tell me if there is a pheno that typically kicks 4 leaf fans. Here is a pic of it and my runt.

1st, only 4 leaves the next set was only 4 also. (I topped it)

med_gallery_19022_6145_3969307.jpg

2nd, went from 3 to 5 as normal.

med_gallery_19022_6145_1101269.jpg

They look bright green, partly because I was attempting to block the hps for the pic. And they also got a little bleached from the led's. They are getting better after transplant into better soil.

• Like 1