•           ai.php.gif

Mr Goodfellow

Ghetto grow 2018

Man, I've been missing a lot - but I'm all caught up. Sweet mary, those buds look great! The H/NE seem a little high on the leaf-to-calyx ratio. Do you think you'd ever try to breed that out of them? I had some friends complain about that on the Rebel Yell x Herijuana from my last grow.

• Like 1

Hey buddy, where have you been hiding? I suppose you're uber busy raising a family now. 

That's a cross from Douglasfurtrapper and I was the first to grow it I believe. I agree but I suppose it's just indica traits. I'm having a hell of a time with Powdery Mildew and those thick leaved girls make it hard to stay on top of. I never saw this stuff in my life, now I see it too much.

Let me know if you run out of beans. I still have some of the stuff Doc Bonez sent. Only a potion of my got squished. I told him I would share. Just let me know. Sounds like your about to get your garden going. It'll be a while before I trust anything outside. It's been a weird year and nothing but wind and super low humidities. And it's freeze anytime. heh.

Hope you get your grow going soon.

peace

mrG

I deal with PM through early intervention. I use neem/karanja mix every other week from first week of veg to the thirds week of flower. It's a bit of work but it works great.

• Like 1

Well I don't mind the leafiness too much, but it makes trimming a lot harder... I was smoking so much of the Sunshine Daydream that when i finally switched back to the Sinister stuff is was nice to get a body stone and have a clear head for a while haha.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Mr. Goodfellow. Hope you have a special 420. 

• Like 2

My SSDD seemed to have a warm fuzzy feeling to it. More body for sure. I really liked it. All the trim I get will be turned to wax so no huge loss. Just more trimming.

Starting out today smoking some Dusk from Bigun. It's Ghash x (Psychosis x Herijuana). Very nice. It's still curing but it has a slight sweet berry undertone and a little cheese in the back. Still a little early. I also hit the plants with too much nitrogen in the end and they brought come chlorophyll to the end product. Still, it's very potent and relaxing. 

I haven't finished trimming them totally since I've been a little out of it but I did get them in large freezer bags with Boveda packs and I'll finish them up soon and put it small jars.

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

IMG_5223 2.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks @Justcozz. About to go start my day at the "house of pain" (therapy) and get it over with. Then I have no plans. I might go cruiese a few dispensaries for fun. Some will have stuff going on. There are so many now I haven't been in half of them. Once I got my first harvest in, I haven't been back except to buy a cartridge for the vaporizer when I travel. 

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Thanks papa! I had a quiet but nice day. I went out for a couple of drinks and some dinner and got home pretty early. I went out and scored a few 420 specials in town and a couple of birthday specials. So, I'm enjoying some different strains I haven't had yet. It's cold today so a good day to chill out.

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Well, I finally chopped my two oldest Humboldt x Nor'easter yesterday at day 61. I should have chopped the super smelly one a week or so earlier when it was at it's peak. It stopped putting anymore pistils but the buds fattened up some. The other plant was just starting to act that way with all new pistil growth halting.

These two plants seem to stop flowering really fast. Nutes won't stimulate any more out of them. The first one had a really loud in your face Skittles smell. Very artificial sour candy. I never smelled anything like it before. Now it's seemed to have faded out a good bit. The other pheno doesn't have the same smell. So, for this strain, I would harvest it when the pistils are just starting to fade, the trichs are really peaking all over, and that smell is at it's strongest. Maybe as it dries the smell will come back. It's there but not like it was.

Here are a few pics of the pheno #2. It was a bigger yielder but doesn't smell just like the other did. It was also the one I called the survivor because I broke it in half twice as a seedling. I didn't expect it would pull out of the 2nd time but, she did just fine.

To me it seems like this strain requires minimal nutes to grow. Using normal amounts I find them all to be too leafy. I never got that dialed in. I think next time I would try using less in the early stages. I trimmed them both ver veavy before I chopped. It was time consuming but I did it leaf by little leaf. This is what they looked like just before chop.

Humboldt x Nor'easter by DouglasFurtrapper at day 61

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

peace

mrG

• Like 3

They look damn good. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Trim before chop, just seems easier to have it standing do cut all the leaves off. Then chop and hang the whole thing. Final trim when dry before going into the jar. 

• Like 1

Thanks @JustcozzYeah, I find that to work best. I had Powdery mildew problems too. I've been keeping it in check but it got tough towards the end. The pheno #1 was getting it on the leaf just under the bud. And the plant is so thick even spraying wasn't getting to it all. So, I found it all doing it this way. I was going to dip them before hanging to dry but no need. The other pheno had almost none. The spray was doing okay on it.

peace

mrG