•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Mariano Gomes

First grow shopping list 5 x 5 hydroponic LED tent help

So this is what I came up with researching for a week I need to cut costs though so any suggestions for different products btw I live by the equator so our problem here is heat and high humidity. P.S. I copied and pasted this from amazon sorry for the stuff with underlines and different colors for some reason the forum won't let me properly change the format. TY.

Grow Tent:

Apollo Horticulture 60”x60”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing

Lights:

https://www.amazon.com/Morsen-MAX12-Bright-Dimmer-Switch/dp/B072BGBG8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516089778&sr=8-1&keywords=morsen+3600w

or

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-Max-COB-12pcs-Leds-3600W-Led-Grow-Light-AC85-265V-Full-Spectrum-Indoor-Hydroponics-Plant/32807025223.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.72.3b785658MXQPRw&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10152_10151_10065_10130_10068_10344_10324_10547_10342_10343_10340_10341_10545_10084_10083_10615_10307_10059_10314_10534_100031_10604_10103_10142,searchweb201603_32,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=377b4cec-02c9-4f44-b745-66a8487ea24d-11&algo_pvid=377b4cec-02c9-4f44-b745-66a8487ea24d&priceBeautifyAB=2

100 Watt UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb / Lamp / Light for Reptile and Amphibian Use - Excellent UVA UVB Reptile Light / Reptile Bulb

Measuring and testing units:

PH Meter with Automatic Calibration, 7Pros High Accuracy Pen Type Water Quality Tester, 6 pH Buffer Powder Packets, Best Tool for Testing PH of Fish Tank, Pool, Pond, Kombucha, Wine and Drinking Water

AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor with Indoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer and Humidity Gauge Indicator

HM Digital AP-1 AquaPro Water Quality Total Dissolved Solids Tester, 0-5000 ppm TDS Range, 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy (Magnetic Body)

HM Digital 1000ppm TDS Calibration Solution

Grow medium:

HTG Supply Bubble Brothers 6-Site DWC Hydroponic System

Hydroponic nutrients:

General Hydroponics FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro Combo Fertilizer set + 1oz Rapidstart (Quarts)

General Hydroponics CALiMAGic Quart

Botanicare LIQUID KARMA Plant Growth Enhancer Supplement 0.1-0.1-0.5 Formula, 1-Quart

Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant, 1-Quart

Miscelanous:

Grower's Edge Green Twist Tie Dispenser w/ Cutter - 164 ft (6/Cs)

Zip Ties, 500 Pcs Adjustable Durable Self locking Black Nylon Zip Cable Ties for Home Office Garage Workshop Heavy Duty

3 x Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/ Improved Metal Internal Gears

TERAPUMP TRHD03 2D Battery Operated Liquid, Gas, Water Transfer Pump w/Auto-Stop System (Leak protection)and Buzzer

Automation:

Autopilot TM01015 Analog Grounded Timer, 1725W, 15A, 15 Minute On/Off, 24 Hour15 Grounded Timer, 15 Amp, 1725 Watt

Urban Farmer Weekly 7 Day Programmable Dual Outlet Digital Timer

Inkbird Itc-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2-stage, 1100w, w/ Sensor

Grozone Control TP3 High Temperature Shut-Off Tempstat

Temperature and humidity control:

hOmeLabs 9 Gallon (70 Pint) Dehumidifier Energy Star Safe Mid Size Portable Dehumidifiers for Basements Large Rooms up to 4000 Sq Ft with Fan Wheels and Drain Hose Outlet to Remove Odor and Allergens

Scent control:

Phresh 701005 Carbon Air Filter, 6 by 16-Inch, 400 CFM

Active Air 400 CFM Inline Fan, 6-Inch

iPower 6 Inch 25 Feet Air Ducting Dryer Vent Hose for HVAC Ventilation, 2 Clamps included

Active Air ACSC Duct Fan Speed Adjuster

Drying and curing:

Boveda 62-Percent RH 2-Way Humidity Control, 8 gram - 10 Pack

Caliber IV Digital Hygromter by Western Humidor

SHINE HAI Professional Hand Pruner Bypass Pruning Shears with Safety Lock, Tree Trimmers Secateurs, Garden Shears, Clippers for the Garden

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300)

Cloning and seedling:

General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter Replacement Plugs 50 count

Cloning Kit: Cut Kit Tray 11" x 21", 72 Cell Tray, Humidity Dome 7.5", Rapid Rooter 50 Plugs, Clonex Rooting Gel 100 ml + Twin Canaries Chart

Big shopping list there. All you need is dirt, water, and light, lol. And rolling papers.

There's too much stuff here you don't need, yet, to even begin, but A+ for homework!

Never heard of either of those LED lights, but you don't need UVA/UVB bulbs with a good LED, as they are part of the spectrum Any manufacturers advertising "3600watt LED", my bullshit detector goes off, that's nonsense. Get a lower wattage GOOD light, than a high wattage shitty one, you'll be miles ahead. You can always add later.

Read some stuff about Kind, Black Dog, Advanced Platinum, California Light Works, or Illumitex, all premier stuff, with tons of info on their websites.

• Like 2

Big shopping list there. All you need is dirt, water, and light, lol. And rolling papers.

There's too much stuff here you don't need, yet, to even begin, but A+ for homework!

.....i agree! start it simple to get familiar with.....there´s time enuff for upgrads later(if needed)

• Like 1

my concern is your temperature I see you got a dehumidifier and it temperature in humidifier control what do you have air conditioning real way to actively cool.

recommended CMH light over the LED light and both your typical LED light and you CMH light is only going to do a 3 by 3 to 4 by 4 Max area. no matter what they say.

or do to 400 HPS effectively coolant or you can do 600 with higher cooling needs. I do not recommend 1000 watt lights.

• Like 2

I agree with Hempyfan, 1000 watts puts out a ton of heat. You will be fighting a not stop battle to control temperatures. Especially in a warm climate and small room.

appreciate its more about the growing environment than it is about the light

this is one exhausting list to go through :wave: . if you are trying to cut costs, that's easy because you have so many extraneous things here.

tent: that's a decent pick, i've seen cheaper on amazon though

light: mercury vapor bulb is a no. don't go cheap on your lights. get something name brand or well known to definitely work. if you want LED, check out the recent threads discussing led lights here on this forum. that 3600w led looks sketchy. HID never fails.

nutrients: skip the liquid karma. the GH stuff you have is a complete program

odor control: if you are concerned about odor, don't go cheap on this either. get a name brand like can filter.

drying and curing stuff: whatever you need for this, buy it later. you'll have a better idea of what you'll need later.

we need a little more info on your space. what are the temperature and humidity normally at in your indoor space?

• Like 1

That's a huge tent for a starter grow set-up. 

48x48x80 w/600 watt MH/HPS is excellent for a 4-9 plant grow operation. 

And you're going to be able to generate about 0.75 - 1.2 gpw every 4 months. Not sure if you feel that 3-4 lbs of quality bud is enough for you across a calendar year. For us we did better than 1.25 gpw and now we're not growing indoor because we're beyond our quota. Just saying you can actually have too much product... :D

Also we're strong supporters of coco coir as a growing medium. It's good for all skill levels and can be reused.