•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Justcozz

Kinky Blaze x Silverfields

Welcome Open Growers.

It's time for me to get the room up and going again, grow #2. I've decided to start this run off with the seeds I made on the last grow. Just to remind you all, I started my first grow last year, 1 each of Kinky Blaze(by Barrie84), Sannie's Jack and Silverfields (by Sannie). The Silverfields was a male so I decided to collect some pollen and have a go at my first attempt at breeding. Well, pollen chucking... I am not claiming to be a breeder, only a newbie grower trying to learn and gain as much experience as I can.

The girls took and supplied me plenty of viable seeds. So in my quest to gain knowledge and experience of these amazing plants, I've decided to see if my first cross will result in something worth keeping around.

Kinky Blaze x Silverfields were the chosen seeds.

I started out with 30 seeds, soaked them in water for 24 hours and put them into Jiffy pellets. Within 4 days the first 20 popped and got moved into solo cups with organic soil (day 1). They are under 3 23w cfl and 3 13w led 18/6 hours. The other 10 were put aside to see what my germination rate was. 2 days later 7 more broke through the soil. So 27 out of 30 within 6 days, I'm happy with that.

The Mom...Kinky Blaze...early flower

med_gallery_19022_6012_1927210.jpg

Near harvest

med_gallery_19022_6012_2179987.jpg

Silverfields, the daddy...standing tall on the far left. Also, KB mom, before flower lower right.

med_gallery_19022_6012_1144278.jpg

The clone I used from the dad for pollen

med_gallery_19022_6012_646448.jpg

Here are the babies at day 4

med_gallery_19022_6146_1785735.jpg

And again day 6

med_gallery_19022_6146_177685.jpg

So that's where I am at today. I will be moving the plants under my 1000k MH turned down to 50% in a few days and continue 18/6 schedule for about a week or so. Transplant into 2gal pots and flip to 12/12. I'm thinking of staying with MH for the first week or two of flower at 75%. Then switch to HPS at full power after the stretch.

So my first pheno hunt begins.....

• Like 10

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Though neither the mom or dad were "chosen" as something special, they were what I had and I am excited to see what turns out. I may get lucky. I'm not even sure if I am going to cross again. I guess it will determine what the males appear to be worth while, and what the girls do.

Also, of course there will be a few additions to this grow. TPR, GM and a few of the Christmas giveaway beans when they show up.

• Like 4

...indeed, very interesting! do you already imagined what you hope to find?

Greetz

...indeed, very interesting! do you already imagined what you hope to find?

Greetz

Not really. I really like the KB, but have never smoked SF. The one and only SF I've grown was a male. So instead of chopping, I figured I'd give breeding a try. I had a very serious issue with killing 1 of the only 3 plants I ever grew. It made me feel better to at least use his pollen. I expect there will be a several different phenos, so maybe pull clones and cross the most sativa male and female as well as the most indica male and female. That may give me two distinct crosses and can see what they do. Primarily this is a experiment to understand more about breeding. Though I have researched quite a bit, you never truly know until you've done it.

I may be tackling way too much with being such a new grower, but gotta give it a try.

• Like 4

Yes, my favorite ( Silverfields ) crossed with a strain I really want to try! I'm very excited to see where this goes! :jump:

• Like 2

Hi there justcozz

The plants are looking great best of luck

SF x kb sounds awesome

Pulled up a chair on this one

• Like 1

@ Gardener,

The room I use is 12'x12' with 8' ceiling. I section it down to a 8'x6' grow area with Mylar.

@ Baqualin,

I'm a real fan of Kinky Blaze, and with all the great things I hear about Silverfields don't see why it won't be something to work with.

Hell, now that I think about it, I just might be the first to cross anything with Kinky Blaze

• Like 2

I may be tackling way too much with being such a new grower, but gotta give it a try.

Of course it's not too much, you'll do great!

Good morning everyone. I just checked on the plants and I'm seeing something a bit odd.

2 of them have new sprouts popping out of the soil today. I've heard of seeds popping two sprouts before, but not a week apart.

med_gallery_19022_6146_590736.jpg

med_gallery_19022_6146_9837.jpg

I'm not sure if this is something I should be concerned with. I know I can just pinch off the little one, but is this a mutation that I don't want?

Hopefully a few of you more experienced, can give me a bit of insight.

• Like 5

Can it be you popped two beans accidentally? Just let them grow up both and when they show sex, simply cut off the male with some stainless steel.

Can it be you popped two beans accidentally? Just let them grow up both and when they show sex, simply cut off the male with some stainless steel.

Definitely only one seed, I counted out 30 seeds and soaked them in water for 24 hours. I set up 30 jiffy pellets, and using tweezers, one seed per pellet. Very hard to screw that up.

I don't believe it's possible for a male and female from the same seed. But maybe I will let them grow out and see what happens. I kind of want to dig em up and look, but I won't.

Is it possible one of the roots sprouted a new plant? And if so, what's the likelihood of it happening 2 out of 30? What's the likelihood 2 out of 30 seeds sprouts 2 plants? Oh well, time will tell...

I had a 'twin-seed' in the Bella Ortega I grew out recently, I discarded it :D

Hey Justcozz nice project that you are working on...Also very nice you explore growing breeding like that! Your KB looks amazing and I would be quite curious about the offspring especially the indica phenos.

good luck and a happy weekend..

@ Mindless, I am going to give them a few days. I really don't know what I'm going to do with them yet.

@Lumatekfan, thanks. The Kinky Blaze is damn good smoke. And from what I hear, Silverfields is legendary. So I expect something decent to happen.

mine just didn't look as well as the others, so if they looking good to you, try'em :)

when male and female occur that's would be cool just to see what the next generation brings

greetz

when male and female occur that's would be cool just to see what the next generation brings

greetz

Definitely, but very doubtful from one seed. But.....if somehow it is, I will let them get it on.

Hey @Justcozz, nice project. I'll be watching too. I haven't grown or smoked SF but will...

I've never seen a second sprout from a single seed. If it gets teeth, run.

peace

mrG