•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Ben Tokin

Ben Tokin's 2018 harvest pics

So I've decided to start a new harvest pic thread. I like to do these threads so people have an idea what to expect if they ever decide to run any of these strains. Whenever I start a strain im always lurking around forums looking for grow reports but sometimes it's tough to find info. Unfortunately I dont have any sannie shop gear at the moment. Hopefully sannie will start taking cards again here shortly and gets a couple strains back in stock. I really miss the sugar punch and I've never ran the jack yet which id like to do. Anyways, this thread will be short and to the point, mostly pics but if anyone has any questions about any of the strains feel free to ask. Some strains currently going are bodhi black triangle, sunshine daydream, and ssdd x chem, motarebel sfv og bx1, ghost ridge og, swamp gas, chemical desire, and dynasty blue magoo. There's probably another couple strains im forgetting but we'll get to them when theyre harvested

So first up is bodhi black triangle #1. This one is straight kush in looks and smell. Reminds me of an insane pheno I found in salmon river og. If this one is half as good as the salmon river I'll be happy. That pheno was devastatingly potent. I still miss her to this day

gallery_16155_6139_743689.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_3062532.jpg

Next up motarebel chemical desire #1. This one was probably the frostiest plant of the batch. Had a citrus smell while growing but after chopping its kinda turning into more of a hazy less citrus smell

gallery_16155_6139_2145863.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_4302467.jpg

I'll get some nug shots up when dry

• Like 18

Is that trick photography, or are they really that frosty? :)

Nice looking buds, thanks for sharing. I've been running Bohdi's Apollo 11 for awhile, just beautiful smoke, and have his Goji OG yet to run. I hear nothing but good things about his strains.

• Like 1

@dieseldog No tricks just a camera with the flash on. I credit the breeders for the frost, not myself. Im in the same boat as u as far as bodhi is concerned. Ive never heard a bad thing about him or his genetics.the Apollos seem to be popular and always sell out quick and goji is one ive been wanting to try myself but its always sold out when I'm looking to make a purchase. Ive run a couple of his strains and I've been impressed by what I've seen so far.

@gardener The colors are due to an especially cold winter where I am. It's gotten as low as 55 degrees when the lights are off in my room so most of the plants have faded one or more colors

@gardenartus thank you for the compliment but they won't all look this pretty lol

• Like 4

Thank you @sunnyvale

Next up ghost ridge og. This is the only female I ended up with out of a 5 pack. Really pretty plant. Heavy stretch golf ball nug type plant with a heavenly fruity smell like a pack of Skittles candy

gallery_16155_6139_2880263.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_4097755.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_840919.jpg

Realized last night that im gonna have a bunch of open space in the flower room. It's possible I could start some more seeds and guess what? I just happened to get fresh seeds in. Any one got any opinions what to do next?

Bodhi lotus head-loompa headband x snow lotus

Bodhi Appalachian super skunk-mass super skunk x Appalachia

Bodhi space cake remix-ogkb x snow lotus

Dynasty moose n lobsta-kali Snapple x huckleberry

Dynasty huckleberry diesel-sour diesel x huckleberry

Dynasty huckleberry kush v5-oregon afghan x huckleberry

Dynasty super silver cough- the cough x super silver haze f3

Karma ghostrider v2- the white x biker kush (I think)

Karma white age-old sage x white og

Motarebel twisted lime og- rebel og x lung candy

Motarebel stoned sour- sour dub x sfv og vs

Quite the choices. Really not sure what I'm gonna do

• Like 6

Hi Ben

That purple bud looks awesome

Bro with that line up it’s to difficult to choose

Bodhi anything got my vote

Moose & lobster I like the name ( maybe it should be moose and squirrel forgive the Rockie and bullwinkel reference lol

Papalag

• Like 1

You clearly know what you're doing, man. Beautiful! As for the upcoming seed popping adventure, I'd personally go with the 'super silver cough'. But, I'm a bit of a sativa freak... Plus, I looooved their caramel cough, so, my opinion is a bit biased. Either way though, it looks like you can't go wrong with a seed buffet like that to choose from!

I always heard wonderful things about Moose and Lobsta. With that level gear, you may have to put names in a hat and draw.

Nice pics, too. I really liked the Sunshine Daydream. I had some f2 made by another OG'er. I happen to get a sour butter pheno that was awesome. But, it was the smallest and a got no cuttings. What did you think about it?

I'd like to have a lifetime subscription to Bohdi and/or Dynasty seeds. Both would be best. :rolleyes:

peace

mrG

@Mr G @papalag the moose and lobsta was an impulse buy. After I saw the description on prof p's website I had to have it

@stringy pete I always wanted that caramel cough and never pulled the trigger. Been kicking myself since so i figured I'd buy one of the cough crosses the professor has available. I also read somewhere his ssh f3 was amazing so i figured I couldn't go wrong there. A nice change of pace from what im used to

@leo.z the huckleberry diesel has to be good. I'm interested to see how they blend since the huckleberry is usally such a small plant and diesel usually has some nice stretch. I was gonna try and make this strain myself cuz I have access to a cut of diesel but i killed my last 3 huckleberry f3 seeds and now it's sold out everywhere. The huck is pure fire. I love it.

Some dry nug shots of the above before going in the jars for a cure

Chemical desire

gallery_16155_6139_982463.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_3100596.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_2845421.jpg

Black triangle

gallery_16155_6139_2590168.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_569255.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_1624856.jpg

• Like 8

If you ever get a little extra space and you want to run the Caramel Cough, get at me and I'll see what I can do ;).

It's hard for a guy like me to let go of seeds... But, if I'm being realistic with myself, I doubt I'll have time to get to them. So many projects, so little time.

Anyway, I've got at least a pack, more likely two but no way to know without busting out the seed stash.

@Ben T, I read some awesome reviews somewhere of the M&L. I was ready to go rob someone... no I wasn't.. but I wanted it. :-)

@Mr G dynasty is probably my favorite source of seeds. I've never grown a strain from the professor that wasn't as described. U can really tell he cares about his work. I've always had good results with bodhi too. As far as the sunshine daydream, I haven't harvested any yet. I think i have 4 or 5 females from the pack I had. I've heard the butter pheno is the one to look for

Next plant up is motarebel sfv bx1 #4. I have 3 females from the 5 pack and this is the lowest yielding but best smelling and first to finish. Went about 65 days. Nugs feel heavy and tight. I suspect this will be the winner of the 3 qualitywise

gallery_16155_6139_2605073.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_3675332.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_5058680.jpg

• Like 7

Yeah, that thing is gonna be nice I bet. I love that strain. Nice to see it in seed form. I picked up a couple of crosses from Indican that both have sfv OG bx1 in them. I got them for that reason, :-)

You're right. In my limited experience in genetics, those two breeders definitely impress. I go to browse their seeds more than anyone else outside Sannies' Shop. When times get better in my life money wise, I'd love to pick up a few of each their classics. You could breed a lot of cool stuff off of just a few of their top strains.

Is that strain still for sale? I don't remember when I was looking the other day.

Great pics too, Ben! Very nice job.

peace

mrG

I believe I have seeds of caramel cough, welcome to them, I am afraid to grow them out, not sure if the guy's gardened hermied lol

• Like 1

the black triangle looks very good :) generally you seem to grow very good bud.

i also liked what i have grown from dynasty but it was the honey badger from the shop, was not expensive, but now his seeds are to expensive for my sadly, would really like to try them. I also like to try his other diesel cross with ms universe #10, should be fire.

• Like 1

@Mr G if ur referring to the sfv OG from motarebel im not sure. It's sold out where I bought it but there's so many American seedbanks popping up it may be available at one of them.

@leo.z dynasty has gotten a bit pricey but its worth it for me. All i need is one keeper which hasn't been hard for me to find in a pack. I wish I knew how good dynasty was when his gear was stocked at sannies. I would have bought as much as i could. I was actually torn between the the huckleberry diesel and the starduster (sour diesel x ms universe#10). For me it just come down to the fact i liked huckleberry more than the ms universe when i ran them

On to the next one, another SFV OG. This one was the yielder. Massive rock hard nugs but not much smell

gallery_16155_6139_1012264.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_3865833.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_1921501.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_1349144.jpg

• Like 13

Blue heron v2. This was the only female of the 5 or 6 i started. I did kust start the rest of the pack so well see about more females in a couple months. Small plant with basically no stretch. Smells of blueberries

gallery_16155_6139_5461419.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_3743741.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_1218263.jpg

• Like 14

3 motarebel chemical desires. 2 phenos

#5. Lower yield. Citrus haze scent similar to the last one

gallery_16155_6139_212825.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_2156999.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_741867.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_1332546.jpg

#1 similar citrus scent larger chunky nugs

gallery_16155_6139_4031401.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_3592241.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_4336818.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_2153832.jpg

#3 smaller tighter nugs, not as chunky. Similar citrus/fruity scent but more sour funk like a new sneaker/rubber smell.

gallery_16155_6139_2000010.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_931351.jpg

gallery_16155_6139_4104982.jpg

• Like 10