•           ai.php.gif

Sparrow

Which HPS is the best ?

Hmm. I have never read or heard of that. Did you read the whole thread? How old or new is the thread?

It sounds like he's saying just certain strains will exhibit this behavior? Was he more specific with the strains? Sounds like an interesting topic. Not that I clone or will ever clone enough to worry about it myself, but it's always nice to know all the things that can happen.

peace

mrG

I use luxgear magnetic ballast and street light..(Philips Son T pia Plus)..

girls make less leaves, harder buds (and they grow more open... stretched lol)

I change the bulbs by year.. if I not forget... more important to change the reflector than the light if u clean them after a grow

with a 600w light/m2 u can get 800g dried quality buds

but not the light makes the trick,,, but the climate

in a small tent almost impossible to make good climate.. u have to rule the house climate also

one light u loose photons on 4 walls.. etc

@gardenartus.. check the lux first yes... than try to read back( look for differences between rooms) the climate with a data logger

and CHECK UR TIMER!!!! more light hours or less... can make this big difference

hope it helps

• Like 3

Hortilux ,bare socket with a inline fan to blow the tent out seems to work well

More room too constant wind storm keeps temps down in the heat

The Agrosun bulbs finish plants a half to a week earlier on every strain I've run under them, and that's been a lot! They advertise earlier finish times, and my experience suggests that's accurate, due to a fuller spectrum, and added blue light.

It's better than finishing early, its finishing harder.

Should let em go the usual time.

They just look finished sooner when you have more blue in the spectrum, but they will keep going.

Can't fire by the light of ormal alone, you need the light of illuin.

I noticed a huge difference in finish for the better in almost every way that just adding 400 more watts would never cover.

If I had my way I would use LED with those new duel end CMH above with HPS hanging vertical between the planters.

• Like 2

IMHO, that big of a drop off in culling numbers is more than just light.

Being a bit of a Neanderthal, I had no idea of what an octo system was, so I went to their website.

Looks to be a nice system and all, but as I read through their site, I did not see anything anything about how they are cleaned between runs.

Do people cycle a H2O2 through it after a culling?

How do you check reservoir temps as each have it's own resy?

Once a food solution temps get past 80F, all kinds of tiny life pops up, and gets started, and if not sterilized out, they can come back very quickly on a the next run.

The only way I ever got the temps I needed 68F-72F without running refrigeration was to jack hammer through a concrete floor and install a sump and pump, and kept that running 24/7, recycling the solution constantly, through the manifold system I made.

When I'd check my temps coming in, always at 66f-68F, and out flowing temps were 78F.

BUT dang let them creep up to 80F and over, and loop a bit of the solution and just look at whats alive in it.

My other thought, was once I went to digital ballasts, I was ignorant of the dimming switch.

Just by chance I happened to open the tent just as the bulb snapped to life. As I've watched them do that a thousand times since I once built all my own light kits, but this one did not reach full blaze.

So I started looking at connections, and plugs on the ballast.

I had, bumped my rolling around helper cart, into the ballast that was on the floor, and between 2 tents. That bumped the dimmer switch and I was running way reduced. No idea how long or anything.

But yeah, I felt a bit stupid as I always always hang my ballasts.

Best of luck!!

I run 1000 Hortilux Digital's right now.

I run them for 3-4 years @ 12/12 and then replace them, if I remember to.

For many years, I always blended my light mating a smaller MH to a larger HPS, was hands down for me the best growth of bud for me.

I also loved the Agosuns, the Gold, was a killer light source. They started giving me fits and not lasting very long. I talked with the manufacture of them, as some came to me with a hole in the base, and they freaked me out. So off to another bulb maker I went.

• Like 3

One room is hooked to res and water chiller, the other room has a "shelf" of insulation above the octopots and cool air below. I clean out the octopots each run. Kind of went through the check list of all, and only thing is light. But yea I agree seems something is off here more then light, but all else is in check. My plants have been stressed this past year, and look like it right now. I am not going to give up on this till they just die ha ha just kidding hope I can figure it out and not have it be an virus issue, just doesn't make sense only one room doing it.

Ushio 600 w hps bulbs are great, German made. About 50-60 bucks on ebay.

Not sure ive ever had one burn out, ever.

• Like 1

I like ushio's a lot.

Me too. I buy them almost always unless im short on cash, then i go with the cheapies.

Solistek has this new electric bulb 400-1000w versions. It's got better spectrum than their double ended and this will for sure give u 1.5g/w in a room.. GREAT spectrum

Hey now kicking 400's is hurtful!! These loved me longtime!!

https://www.opengrow...40_507_9052.jpg

https://www.opengrow...0_507_15055.jpg

https://www.opengrow...0_507_12532.jpg

https://www.opengrow...0_507_14272.jpg

https://www.opengrow...0_507_13736.jpg

Back in 04 I was running 400's and 600's.

The system ( I built) was 6- Krusty Freedom Buckets, Gen Hydro ferts, and 3400 watts of delicious blended light, Thomas air pump to 6 outlet manifold, with a 24/7 dual feed lines per bucket, air and fertilizers, each filled with 21 pounds of lava rock, with a 30 inch piece of soaker hose used to make the solution boil in the lower 3 inches of the bucket, with a constant 1.5" drain, draining back to a sunken reservoir through the concrete floor, to keep my solution cool (68F-74F) year round. The plants, a couple were a couchlock variety and a couple of Mazar's.

There is more than just light to growing da kin.

Yeah man, I'd say you were pulling it in. I love that PVC hvac system with the holes in it. I have a huge space below the house and that type of stuff is what I'll be trying to invent. I have to be back to some kind of work first. $$$$$

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Hey Mr Goodfellow if your ever interested, I have miles of pictures your welcome to. Everything I ever made that worked well for me, I did to save money or save exposure to what I was doing.

I may have had $100.00 in that whole system from basement to attic, even buying the plenum at Lowes, and using recycled fans and house filters and charcoal. Well that was at slave labor rates also, LOL!

• Like 1

Thanks Webe! Beach built all of his, too and also offered ideas. Hopefully this summer I can start it. If I could ever keep the money flow going I could have a really sweet place down there. I need a partner. Growing more than a few plants is a hell a lot of work and money.

peace

mrG

Read attached files, you guys will know clearly, I can beat USHIO, PHILIPS, but most of USA distributors don't need professional HPS grow light, they only purchase cheap HPS street light to fool endusers. Our OEM brand in USA only Genesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNIXHRC0dyg&t=12s 

Don't buy cheap 1000w DE from most of China companies.xlsx

Know more about Lumenhort 1000w DE.docx

PHILIPS greenpower TEST REPORT 01.pdf

USHIO BLV TEST REPORT.pdf

20180516 HPS1000 A TD.pdf