•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

BeachBud

Black Afghani Smoke Report

This IBL offering from USC caught my eye when it was first introduced. I was lucky enough to score a pack and my first growing attempt gave me 3 females. While they were all a bit different appearance wise they all shared a definite blueberry aroma. One was intensly blueberry while the other two also added hash and coffee to their less intense blueberry smell.

After a 6 week cure it is a very enjoyable smoke. It is a smooth but heavy smoke that tastes of sweet blueberry going in with a hashy, coffee mixed with berries coming out. The intense blueberry buds remained intense through the cure. Open the jar and it smells of sweet ripe blueberries. The other two are less intense but still blueberry dominate.

The buds are large and fairly dense with pointy tops. All of the plants had many buds with red/pink coloration to them.

The high is fast acting and intense. Unlike many indica's this one is felt in the very bottom of my head leaving the rest clear and aware though there is some visual impact as the high progresses. The body stone is wonderful, deep reaching and long lasting. This is not really a couch lock kinda smoke as the head remains mostly functional but if too many tokes are taken it may be difficult to motivate your limbs properly.

I had 3 different looking BA's but in the end I do not see much difference in their smoke. They all give the same basic effect, some minor smell or flavor difference but pretty much the same intense body driven high.

Now I will try to quantify this wonderful smoke with numbers...

Bag Appeal = 9 - big dense frosty buds.

Smell = 10 on the intense blueberry one and 8.5 on the other two.

Taste = 9

Effect = 9

As you can see I really like this Black Afghani and will definitely be running it again one day.

Big thanks to Cristalin and USC for their hard work preserving this and other landrace gems. :verrygood

• Like 23

Christalin's about ready to drop new stuff, but I didn't ask about the BA. With that kind of smoke report, I'll be lucky to get them even if he does re-stock it. :D

I'm surprised all phenos had the berry smell. What a bonus along with the bag appeal and high.

Did the buds change color or stay green? Seemed like I remember them still being green while the leaves were black.

Well, I hope I get to snag that one. I really hope the Triple Pakistan comes back, too. I'd love to have those two!!!

Thanks a lot for the report Beach. Sounds like it was a real pleasant surprise of a grow. You did a beautiful job, too!

We'll all be waiting on your next masterpiece!! Peace, bro!

mrG

• Like 2

I am salivating :) That sounds so awesome, I Hope I am lucky and one of mine is intense Blueberry, you make it sound heavenly. Darn near 5 star huh!

• Like 2

Yeah, I hope you guys, or someone else, gets a chance to make some seeds just in case it doesn't come back. Easier said than done. I'll ask Christalin if that one is coming back... if it's a good time. Seemed like it was supposed to. I hate bugging those guys when they are this close to a drop.

Better start germing those seeds Garden,,,, holy grail, holy grail... holy grail.....

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Great report Beach...I will definitely have to order a pack when it hits the shop again. Sounds damn good.

• Like 2

Sounds very similar in effect to mine. Clear headed and relaxing body.

• Like 2

I only grew one and cloned it to get 4 plants. If I had known there was a blueberry pheno I would have popped more. Soon enough...

Mine had some fruitiness in the background but I wouldn't describe it as fruity on the whole. More hashy coffee.

• Like 2

Hi beach

Thx à lot for this report

It's pleasent when à custumer do that

I'm happy than you are satisfised

Thx again

Ciao

• Like 5

Thanks, Cristalin. I was going to ask, but I knew the answer. :-(

Maybe some of us will be lucky! Looks like my timing will be off again, but we'll see.

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Great report! Thanks a bunch, I am popping these for OD this year and can't wait. Something tells me these outdoor = a power nap lol. I have two packs, I plan on making an F gen and a hybrid for preservation but it may be a minute. There are a couple other gems I have to get to first before the seed stock gets too old.

Blueberry heirloom landrace genes, yes please. Real kush, yes please. I deeply hope to find the vanilla/ honey pheno though.

Man BA gets me hot.

Thanks again, Beach!!!! Your contribution is cherished.

• Like 3

Hi

yes there will be only 12 packs this time, sorry ... :/

But as I already said I prepare large stock of all my varieties little by little .... Black Afghani is a priority ;)

Ciao

• Like 4

Just to let you know they're back in stock, ordered some on Saturday.

Hopefully the cash makes it....

• Like 1

I have loved watching you grow and love your smoke report, I am so tickled, got roots, the Sexing begins! Soon I will have BA in my life. :)

• Like 2