•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Shoeless

RipT Genetics Perkins Cut BX Seed Run

Bear with me, my mind has been hijacked by a C99/Panama joint and my thoughts are rather disjointed.

I was gifted a 12 pack of Perkins Cut BX from madmaster420, on the condition I open pollinate and make a bunch of seeds. So I am gonna open pollinate and make a bunch of seeds. According to the packaging, Perkins Cut BX is Chematonic x Cannatonic #4, goes 8-9 weeks, and has a medium yield. From what I found on Google, Chematonic is Chem91 x Cannatonic. This is my first go at a full blown seed run as opposed to selective pollination, so any pointers are welcome.

Without further ado, here are 8 of the 12. It was 9, but I broke one with a solo cup :oeps The other 3 haven't popped and are still on the heat mat. It's been a week, so we'll see.

gallery_3221_1986_2304931.jpg

A question for anyone out there. Will a seeded bud have a lower THC/CBD percentage than seed-free buds? The reason I ask is I want to have the females tested and need to know if I should isolate a cola during sexy time.

• Like 8

I wouldn't worry so much about testing the first round...

My humble suggestion is to crack a nice selection from the seeds you make, separate the females (making notes..) and grow them sinsemilla. Test THOSE nugs for the high cbd pheno and back it up to one or all of the original males.

Take lots of pics for your own references so you know who's who.

Kudos for taking on this project, brother Shoe! Good luck man

• Like 7

Sweet. I didn't know perkins got back crossed!

You wanna be generous, I would love some, perfect plant for my needs on making medical treatments, Too bad Mad didnt' pass some this way.

LOL that sounds bitchy ;) I am gonna follow

In my humble experience, vegging, nutes, and hydro is what CBD loves.

• Like 4

No worries, I gotcha covered GA. My grows are organic, so no hydro here. I'm sure they won't mind.

• Like 1

You are a sweeties. I grew her in soil at first, she did fine :) I just had to veg longer, they are a bit on the slow side for growth. I actually would bump her up by putting her in the flower while lights one, then back in veg. That really helped bump her up more quickly.

I hope this retains the shape of the cannatonic, she grows like a Christmas tree :)

• Like 1

The little ones are coming along. This pic is from this morning.

gallery_3221_1986_2208523.jpg

The ones with bamboo stakes were floppy, but they are getting their act together. The one on the right got it's stake this morning and should be good in a day or two.

The other 3 did not make it, so our quest begins with 8. They seem to be doing fine under the 30W LED. Obviously this is the painfully slow part, waiting for veg growth and identifying sex. There is one that seems to have more trichome bumps (don't know what else to call them) than the others. Hopefully it will be a male.

I have read that high cbd plants tend to have a cherry lean to them. Is this accurate and is that only in taste, or from stem rubs and buds? Are there any other scents/flavors that I should be looking for? I know it's too soon for any of that, just compiling information to guide me.

• Like 2

Question about the serrations. Do they give me any clues as to what I am looking at? Strain leanings, etc?

Thanks for looking in, CooperLanded. I am doing an open pollination to make seeds, so all will be in for the party. I am gonna veg until they are 16-18". I have a short tent, so I must put 'em in short to account for stretch.

More the spaced serrated leaves. But yes my cannatonic does have dark leaves.

• Like 1

You are correct, GA. There was no N mixed in, just ewc, crab meal, neem meal, kelp meal. I gave them a drink of fish yesterday and they are looking better. They'll be in a good mix when they get potted up.

Thanks for the input. I'll take any and all help, especially from those of you who have grow cannatonic before.

• Like 1

Have fun with your grow shoeless

Can't wait to see them in flower

Neem meal? Now what does this do? I only know liquid neem wich you spray..

Thanks for looking in, Ozzoes. The neem meal is for insect prevention and adds a bit of N.

What up shoeless - looking good. I don't mind the boring early part... just builds excitement for what will come down the road!

happy growin'

• Like 1

Welcome Damar. They are taking off now. Watering with the fish helped, and I scratched in a small amount of bloodmeal.

I prepped some soil the other day for potting up. I will be putting two per 2 gallon bag in the not too distant future.

So I screwed up a little. The blood meal was a bad idea, the lower fans started getting crispy. Yesterday I scraped the top inch or so from the cups and topped them with ewc. They are looking better but it'll be a couple days to see the bounce back.

gallery_3221_1986_6456855.jpg

• Like 3

Here they are @ 28 days of veg. I potted them up a couple days ago, 2 per 2 gallon bag. I don't need big plants for this phase.

gallery_3221_1986_6462150.jpg

• Like 3