•           ai.php.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Gimme5minutes

Swamp Grow 3

Swamp Grow 3 (2018)

Off to a late start this year, shitty weather, cold and power outages to blame; nothing new really. This time of year the swamp is flooded and inaccessible. I've started work on an area for a greenhouse and am in the process of putting it all together. I started off with 40 regular seeds this time round, 10 of each listed below.

Turkish Landrace

Turkish x Sweet Skunk

Turkish x Hawaiian

Truck (Trainwreck x Huckleberry Kush) (thanks to Islayhearts)

As usual nothing ever goes as planned. The seeds have been germinating 3 days and only 6 have popped; 4 landrace and 2 Turkish x Sweet Skunk. After a couple of days the majority of the seeds have turned black and not split. In a panic I have tried germinating another 10 to 15 seeds of each variety again to hopefully get a better result along with some others I didn't originally intend to grow out this season. Added to the lineup are 5 to 15 of each:

Turkish x Maury Povich

Turkish x Auto Lemon Kush

Turkish x Auto Climax

Turkish x Duck Hybrid

This could go well or really badly, who knows? At least there's a written account and some pictures. On a brighter note I came across a fat stash of buds while digging out my equipment so I've got that going for me. I still have some feminized seeds in the mail but they are taking forever to arrive. I'll update when something changes.

• Like 10

Good Luck this season,G5M !

nice Line up so far....fingers xed!!!

• Like 2

I learned something new today about testing my equipment. Usually I just check to see whether my lights and timers still work and if my cords still hold a charge. One of the items I didn't pay much attention to was the heat mat. It had been bent a little during storage and warmed up when I plugged it in. I placed some heavy objects on the corners to flatten the mat out again but it still maintained a little groove in the middle. For a couple of days there was a hotspot in the center of the mat. That groove is gone now and the difference in heat dispersal is very noticeable. I think it may have cooked the original 40 seeds I put down as none of the first batch came up. All the seeds are popping open now and I have run out of starter pots to put them in. I'll have to pick some up in the morning. Well, problem solved and off to a good start, there are currently 44 germinated and in pots (at least 2 of every kind) with many waiting to be transferred.

• Like 3

All set with a promising start for the year. I ended up with far more starts than I could accommodate. Every piece of real estate is taken up in the tent. I stuck a dozen outside, mostly landrace Turkish (they did well last year) and anything that looked weak or unimpressive. It rained like Hell that night. Here's a list of the other 75 currently under the light:

11 x Turkey Duck

11 x Turkey Skunk

10 x Truck

10 x Sweet Seeds females

10 x Turkish Hawaiian

2 x Turkish Climax

7 x Turkish Maury Povich

6 x Turkish Lemon Kush

4 x Turkish landrace

2 x Moroccan landrace

2 x unknown; probably Turkey Skunk

What can I say? An interesting selection and a shipload of work ahead of me. Time to list my options, figure out how many I can actually support, find homes and all that. So much work, I hate work.

• Like 1

i´m curious about your turkish-crosses,since i did some myself

I'm going crazy to pop seeds and start growing, but it's a month early. So I started growing lettuce. lol

• Like 2

Update:

Guess who can't find their camera? This guy! I wanted some pics for 4/20.

I think the rain is starting to die down now. It has been a nightmare already. Only so much space in a tent so some had to go outside early during the rains. Some plants lived, some died. I've given lots away this year and will probably part with some more later this week, most were the Turkish Lemon Kush just because they took up so much space.

I'm down to 45 plants, 16 are females from Sweet Seeds (FV Jack47, FV Cheese, FV Skunk, FV Cream Caramel, Mohan Ram) and one is Early Maroc from Philosopher Seeds. I still have 8 Trainwreck x Huck Kush, 6 Turkish Lemon Kush, 4 Turkish Maury, 3 Turkish Hawaiian, 3 Turkish landrace, 2 Turkish Skunk, and 2 Turkish Climax. Every time I clear up a little real estate in the tent the plants just sprawl out and fill it back up. I am enjoying my garden and have taken to detailing notes and differences between some of the new hybrids. The Turkish Climax and the Turkish Lemon Kush are very interesting plants so far and I'm eager to see how they will turn out.

Turkish Lemon Kush are all easily recognizable in the tent, they're 3 inches taller than the rest and look like they've inherited their structure from their Lowryder genes. They all have thick stems, longer branches and are filling up space. These ones seem to mature at a much faster rate than all the other plants and suck up water twice as fast as the others. They all have at least three more nodes than the other starts and began branching out early and every one of them is physically identical. Turkish Climax are an interesting mix, extremely short stature like their Turkish father and so many branches that it doesn't look natural. Big floppy foliage, the tops have eleven-fingered leaves.

Early Maroc, this one vegetates at about twice the normal rate. This has the potential to be a monster.

I just realized I've already given away all my Turkey Ducks....