•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Gimme5minutes

Swamp Grow 3

Quick update: All my feminized plants are in the ground. Everything that has not showed sex yet is still above ground in a pot. One of the Trucks has started to show sex and one of the Turkish Lemon Kush has already started to flower. I'm not certain if that makes it an autoflower, it has been alive for a few months already. Aside from that my late selections (Cheese, Skunk, Mohan Ram) will be in the dirt over the coming week. I'm going to keep the God's Space Needle indoors for at least another week, they might need it. Here's two from the later selection; GSN on the left and Sweet Cheese on the right.

godleftcheeseright.JPG

• Like 3

The outdoors are perfect for growing right now, its like Summer came early. I have 23 confirmed females in the ground so far. 16 are from Sweet Seeds (Jack47, CC, MR, Cheese, Skunk), 3 are Turkish Lemon Kush (all autoflowers and in bloom). 2 are landrace strains (Turkish and Moroccan) there is also a Turkish Maury and a Truck for a total of 23 girls. There's still a half dozen Turkish hybrids (Hawaiian and Skunks) that remain unknown as well as 4 Trucks all sitting in 2 gallon pots. The 9 GSN are all in large pots outside, they are beautiful Kushy looking plants. My clones didn't do well this round, only one took off and that wasn't a great cut. Most of my cuts were from the girls that autoflowered so they came out as inch tall budding clones in tiny pots. I added some autoflowers to the tent to keep things interesting. I used a couple more varieties from Sweet Seeds, their Jack47 Auto and Trainwreck Auto and a single Paradise Seeds Pandora Auto. I was able to get 3 of the 4 Jack47 seeds to split, zero out of 7 on the Trainwreck (never buy clearance stock) and the Pandora worked fine. Fast forward 10 days and I have 4 beautiful girls in 4 gallon pots in the tent, Pandora is on the bottom right. I can't believe these were seeds 10 days ago! Next time I'll include some outdoor shots too.

tentcurrent.thumb.jpg.310a6610b7f994b114e626d058566196.jpg

Jack47auto@14days.jpg

• Like 4

Its been a few weeks, found a couple more males, a couple of Turkish Hawaiian females, that's about it. I have to upgrade potting for the God Bud hybrids. They're easy to recognize with stalks almost the size of my thumbs. My photos aren't coming out great, some practice is required. My indoor autos look promising, I'm going to have to dedicate a journal to the next batch I grow out. I figure I'll finish them indoors.

inbloom.thumb.jpg.bad13426dc340dccc36d35a6a4d40d44.jpg

• Like 2

Well, after procrastinating for a week I finally got it all done today. All I have to do now is sit back and water the garden. I have about a dozen plants in large pots and buckets, another 27 in the ground. Its well hidden from view, there's no deer trails and I get no visitors. I'm very pleased with myself this year. I planned better, made fewer mistakes, didn't get cheap and didn't freak out. My garden right now is quickly becoming overrun with the side branches of happy plants and aside from that nothing is really happening. The autos in the garden have at least a month on them same with the ones in the tent. I give the vegging plants Alaskan fish fertilizer and Miracle Gro Ultra Bloom for the autos. Here's a pic of the outside world and that should be all for a while.

alllooksgood.thumb.jpg.72236c3b77dcaff1b729409f677f949f.jpg

• Like 3

I have a new morning routine. I walk down to my patch and rip the tops off all the plants because everything's overgrown. All the plants I figured would stay short have grown too tall and the others have stayed short. There's still months of this ahead of me. And now something positive. When I started this year I invested in a bale of Pro-Mix, its the same thing as Sunshine Mix, just a blend of soil-less additives that make up a good growing medium. One of the new changes this year with Pro-Mix is they added Mycorrizae to it. Mycorrizae is like root magic, roots, roots everywhere! The roots are now constantly protruding out of the surface of the soil. Even in areas full of sand and silt they keep popping up. I'm not sure what to do, I just keep throwing more dirt on top.

ground1.jpg

ground2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

May as well throw some more pics down. I'll start with the contents of the tent. Here's some Jack47 auto tops that are well into bud. Its amazing how quickly they mature. The last pic is of Pandora with the main stem and the bottom branch popping out pointy tops. She is really fattening up fast.

image.thumb.png.752bf2fb94340559096f0c95555be316.png

image.thumb.png.3dc6d932fef9349b84a1ed9c3de1a490.png

image.thumb.png.7f2539ca329f395db80a3361c946e35e.png

Here's some shots from the patch, lots of different kinds of pot plants, overgrown and out of control.

image.thumb.png.ceed37d7ad6a5cead43260787f68c56e.png

image.thumb.png.8009179ff6e189571b134bdaf1ac06a2.png

Here's one with the Turkish Maury on the left and Islayheart's Truck on the right. Both staying short and manageable.

image.thumb.png.0d9dee1c4e0363d225a430b1c8004516.png

And here's a God's Space Needle male, there's been a few of them and most of the others look very male already. I don't think there's more than 1 or 2 females in the whole batch.

image.thumb.png.e281d846b8e2316008a0db0e62974975.png

That's it for a while.

• Like 5

The swamp is already getting hit by mold. The plants have become weeds,  unmanageable and all over the place. Every time I look at the area now I lament starting seeds so soon. Their collective size is now beyond my control. Tearing off heads and snapping necks have become a daily occurrence. I chopped the tops of a few autos that looked in danger of turning bad due to the intense humidity. Beautiful tops for autoflowers.

Jack47autotopbud.jpg

• Like 5

Its the middle of July and Turkish Maury has started budding. She's the first photoperiod plant to start flowering outdoors this season, a trait she inherited from her Turkish father from last year. Way to go Maury!

• Like 2

Some stuff has changed, some has not. I now have 7 God's Space Needle females, a couple have even begun to bud. A few things have started coming together, the future looks brighter.

stuffdoingstuff.jpg

Well, big update....I might be looking at a total loss. Everything became shiny and then the rains came. The deciding factor for a successful harvest over here is the severity of the September rainfall. I lost about 20% of my crop last week due to mold and about twice as much this morning. Every punishing storm this week was followed by an hour of blistering hot sunshine. Its been heartbreaking this morning as I hacked away at all the infected limbs and picked away at fist-sized buds that turned to muck at my fingertips. At one point in a fit of rage I shook a plant back and forth a couple of times and it lost all its branches from mold. I dug through at least a pound of product today and barely came off with maybe an ounce of immature buds. All the good looking ones went first, big disappointment in the end. The rain has started back up again even harder and I'm anticipating a power outage.

• Sad 3

That's a bummer.  Rain has been terrible here in the northeast US as well.  At one point this summer, it was raining every day for a month, and random shoes in my closet were blooming with mold.  If inorganic materials inside out of the weather are succumbing, what chance have our plants got? :(  Hope things dry up for you!