•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Stringy Pete

Casey Jones?

Are there any current reliable sources of Casey Jones S1's or Back Crosses or anything of the sort?

I smoked some about 5 or 6 years ago, one time, and I still to this day think about the smell from time to time. Very memorable. I figure, if I'm still thinking about it after all this time, I'd be stupid not to try tracking it down.

Where I'm at, I don't trust clones. Nobody takes things seriously around here, it's all for the cash so people name random ass cuts just to get them sold. So finding a legit cut is out of the question.

http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/search?query=Casey+jones

Also look at Attitude, site is down right now.

If people are mislabeling clones to sell, you seriously need to hang around a better class of people. Just sayin’, only complete assholes do that kind of stuff. Don’t screw with clones, unless in a legal state, preferably on the med side, just get your own seeds and work with them.

Casey Jones is killer smoke, got some from a medical guy in Illinois.

• Like 1

I recall trying something from Connoisseur Genetics that was amazing, I think it was a Chemdawg cross. I also seem to remember a Casey hybrid in the freebies section for a little while. I would love to know what happened to that. I'm a deadhead and a sucker for their nostalgia.

• Like 2

I grew the Casey jones x green manalishi freebee. Heavy yielder with a special smell to it. I didn't like the high though, it was a very strong and confusing one...not mine. The plant itself looked awesome and it needed support for those huge ass colas. The colour of buds was a golden brown that fitted perfectly with the smell it gave.

Greetz

• Like 4

Strong and confusing really nailed the Casey Jones I tried, and mine was very gold covered in white trichs. In fact, I asked the guy if it was dusted with something! It was super paranoid inducing, and hit really hard from the first puff. I much prefer my C99 and Apollo 11 crosses.

In general, the medical side is producing some stupid potent weed. You get much over 20% THC, and it’s just not a pleasant high in my opinion, and anything under 20 won’t even sell in Colorado anymore. My fave was a Purple Colombian Highland, and a Jamaican called Kingston, both I found at the Telluride Bud Room, and both clocked in at 15 and 16% THC. Just pleasant, old fogey, early 70s kind of buzz.

• Like 1

I also don't care much for the confusing highs. More often than not, if I let confusing strains age for a while they mellow out, and I don't feel so out of it after smoking.

I don't remember how the Casey effected me, the only thing that stuck with me was the smell. Ooo that smell. And the bag appeal, but bag appeal doesn't mean shit to me anymore. Just about anything can have good bag appeal if treated right.

I recall Sure Fire Seeds had a Casey Jones s1 a while back. Are these guys still around anymore? I haven't seen them available anywhere for a while, bit with all of these random seedbanks popping up everywhere I tend to miss a lot.

• Like 1

I remember having grown some Casey Jones x Sssdh from Connaiseur Genetics. It was just a clone while a friend made a selection of five females. The clone I grew had a nice sour fuel taste with a sweetness like sprite. It was a very tasty yet cerebral sativa dominant smoke.

• Like 3

Connoisseur genetics have a few casey crosses think the original casey Jones is from devils harvest seeds there in stock at the moment on Herbies pick and mix not grown it myself so can't comment on its reliability

Casey Jones was created by grower/breeder Gratefulhead of Head Seeds by crossing Trainwreck x Thai with Sour Diesel. It's a nice indica-leaning strain that only takes 8 weeks to finish and it's a very heavy yielding strain.

Devils Harvest offers a S1 of Casey Jones... as do others.

Casey Jones is the strain I used to take myself off the 12 year morphine trip my Dr had me on for my low back and nerve pain. It worked like no other for what I needed it for and I was opiate free in no time!

To me, this is a great medicinal strain that everyone should try at least once.

• Like 4

Glad to hear you got off of the stuff, man. Marijuana is definitely an amazing tool for breaking away from addictions.

Thanks everyone, I'll take a look at Devils Harvest and the Connoisseur Genetics crosses. And then I'll pray for some spare plant space, or maybe I'll just have to fire up the ol' shed again... Even though it might kill my cheap ass.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with growing in a shed... I do it too.

I have at least 30 plants in my shed and 8 are ready to be put into flower... 1 Anesthesia F2, 4 El Monstre F3's and 3 Bubba Kush x Sierra Kush F1's.

Plant counts are for amateurs!

• Like 2

Yes, plants counts. I meant to stick with them, but it is way too easy to go past. 6 turns into 26 real quick

Bah, to hell with plant counts. My current legal max number of plants is zero. I'm just running out of physical space!

I live in a med-state, and I used to have plans for going legal. But nowadays I'm leaning towards staying an "outlaw". For a few reasons,with the main reason being that the idea of having to pay to gain permission to grow a plant is absurd. If they put a law into place telling me I needed a tomato growing permit before putting in a garden, I'd ignore it. Why should I handle pot any differently?

It might make me feel a little more safe, but what if laws change and we move backwards again? Seems like the first people they would go after, would be registered growers. Obviously the chances of something like that happening are slim.

But, our country surprises me everyday. So I'm gonna stick with being paranoid.

• Like 2

So I'm gonna stick with being paranoid.

So it's not just the weed? Hahahaha

• Like 2