•           ai.php.gif

iGrow420710

Best 4x4 (1.2m x 1.2m) grow tent?

I bought a couple of cheapo 4x4's, will NOT do that again myself.

Then a 4'x8'x7'6" hydro hut and really loved the quality jump.

But the Gorilla tent is a step above the HH IMHO.

Buy the best tent you can afford.

I used to be of the same mind, and maybe I lucked out... but I decided to buy a 1.2m x 2.4m x 2.0m high tent from TopoGrow, and it is really nice. Not sure if 125$ is on the pricey or cheap side, but I think it's even more lightproof than my 60cm x 60cm Darkroom 2.5 from jardin (although that one is like 5 years old).

List of Tents;

Black Orchid

Bloom Room

Green Room

Hydro Shoot

Light House

Matrix

Orca

Trojan

iPower

Dark Room Pro

Favouring;

Gorilla Grow Tent

Budbox Pro

Secret Jardin

Vivosun

Growlab

Homebox

Hydrohut

Apollo Horticulture

Topo Grow

Gorilla Grow Tent £350-£400

Budbox Pro £140-180

Growlab £130-£150

Secret Jardin £140-£150

If I cant get the Gorilla Grow Tent going to get Budbox Pro but not sure to get white or silver.

I had a white bud box 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 great little tent had a gravita 750 running a rvk 125 exhaust did the job perfectly showed a bit of light through the zip stiching when lights were on but didn't cause a problem.

I had a white bud box 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 great little tent had a gravita 750 running a rvk 125 exhaust did the job perfectly showed a bit of light through the zip stiching when lights were on but didn't cause a problem.

A jar of black fingernail polish will make those stitching light leaks disappear quick. And some zipper wax will help seal and make zippers work smoothly longer.

• Like 1

I love my gorilla grow 4x4. I also have a 100 dollar ipower from amazon. They are both over 5 years old and they both work great. I can't say I would trade my gorilla for anything but the Ipower works just fine.

• Like 1

I have used or seen about all of them, all have issues but gorilla was the favorite.

with tents its very important to have positive air pressure.

• Like 1

I have used or seen about all of them, all have issues but gorilla was the favorite.

with tents its very important to have positive air pressure.

Hemp, I thought that a slight negative air pressure was preferred. The fan pulling air from the tent would insure all the smell goes out through the filter. If there is positive air pressure, then any air leaks will allow the smell to escape the tent and not be forced through the filter.

Very similar to a negative pressure room in hospitals. It keeps unwanted airborne pathogens from escaping the room.

• Like 1

no, negative and positive pressure is not what you want. Negative is harmful to the threads and will reduce the overall lifespan of the tent, before fixing anyways.

Positive pressure and negative pressure is not wise for smell nor for plant function.

• Pulling air too fast (negative pressure) does not give the air time to effectively interact with the carbon or ozone depending on system to effectively neutralize smell. We get used to the smells and the difference between someone with good smell who is not used to the garden can, depending on the difference from neutral pressure to positive or to negative pressure varies this aspect, detect the smell.
  • Positive and negative pressure also affects the plants in terms of its ability to uptake from the media, affects stigmata which regulates pressure of uptake from the roots to the leaves. Both positive and negative pressure plays a role but the same is true as above in terms of severity. Most people who run slight negative or positive pressure likely see little difference for what they appreciate but if able to see same plants in proper environment you would see better quality. Out of whack pressure is sort of like chocking the plant and directly negatively takes away plant potential in terms of quality and yield, depending on severity this can be visible to just not appreciated. Slight differences will not generally alter the appearance of the plant, just make it not able to achieve full potential due to uptake and stigmata function being reduced.

• Like 2