•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Thanks CF. I think i'm going to make a plan and make it happen. In the mean time i'm going to contact Sannie/ Whazzup. Anesthesia must be preserved. I remember when the last seeds were released, with USC it can be fast, but this was within the hours. I've growned the Kronocaine and it was a beast!

Let's make it happen :). I'm going to make a open pollination. It never hurts to have a lot of Anesthesia seeds :innocent:.

To be continued...

@Sannie or anyone with info... is the shunk/afghan used in the skunk/afghan X shack freebie the same as anestesia? positronics?

Yes this is indeed the same clone.

I have growed this clone around 15 years back in outdoor and the clones came from Positronics and is the same Whazzup used for the anesthesia. Old school genetics that have to be preserved

greetz sannie

I hope Sannie will give his opinion on whether it's legit to make a F2, but his quote from the freebees section reads itself so.

I have six Anesthesia seeds left, yet I have pleanty of seeds and prefer sativas. People who love Anesthesia pm me!

Have a great weekend

Luma

• Like 5

That is very nice of you, many want her. I had her, but too much head high for me, I want it to go to my body.

• Like 1

I think Wazzup said the F2's didn't translate or something. He tried and they didn't turn out the way he hoped.

I have a very good Anesthesia male and a really good female. I may try to pollinate this summer, but I think crosses may be best.

I could also try crossing Mad Scientist male with the Anesthesia female.

Gonna try a bunch of crosses this summer. However after testing a number of crosses, I've found it's a LOT of work to find a good male.

• Like 1

I bet anestesia would be a wonderful strain to select a keeper male from based off structure... I have 7 seeds left, but i like more uppity bright happy thought provoking effects from my bud, cant wait to try out these Skunk/afghan X Shack seeds :)

• Like 1

Okay folks I picked some lucky guy for the last six seeds.

Also for all the folks who thought I would offer some F2 you got it sooo wrong!! :likken:

But as it looks from the posts here, there are some members having the means to create a F2.

I think Wazzup said the F2's didn't translate or something. He tried and they didn't turn out the way he hoped.

I have a very good Anesthesia male and a really good female. I may try to pollinate this summer, but I think crosses may be best.

I could also try crossing Mad Scientist male with the Anesthesia female.

Gonna try a bunch of crosses this summer. However after testing a number of crosses, I've found it's a LOT of work to find a good male.

I also remember Wazzup writing about the F2 and sharing his concerns. Well, let's hope you guys are lucky with your F2 projects!! :showoff:

One more suggestion, why not crossing Anesthesia to Kinky Cheese? Or even backcrossing it to Anesthesia!?! Could be a cool mix of AfghanSkunk x ShivaSkunk with a heri infuse. :hug: What do you guys think?

Happy weekend

Luma

• Like 2

I have a pack a a half of Annesthesia left, gifted a half pack of it and Boudica to Warped Genetics. Been toying with an outcross and an F2 in my head.

I do believe Wazzup made the comments about the F2 of Annie because of the Skunk lineage, it throws variables into F gens and back crosses. Chems tend to have a similar scope when thinking in terms of recombinance. If I remember correctly, Wazzup wanted "us" the consumer or grower to pick our parents to propagate an F2 based on our needs and desires. Best bet is to check into it and see what happens. More likely, there will be lots of pheno choices to hunt... and bring to F3. You'll really get to pick from the F2 and have a better scope of what you want to keep/ refine. For that matter, it may sound counter intuitive to what I just mentioned but an open pollination with all males may give better chances to find the parents you really need from the F2. Bottleneck after opening that gene pool up.

That's time and space, I understand. But if we really want to keep Annie aside from clones and outcrosses, we will have to.

• Like 3

I have two Anesthesia's in flower now. They are F2's I made last year and plan on making F3's this year. I have around 80 Anesthesia F2 seeds left to work with.

I have a jar of Anesthesia pollen from 5 different males that I collected and will use this to make F3's.

I made clones of the Anesthesia F2 plants I have in flower and plan on using them to make more seeds. I also plan on backcrossing the F3's to stabilize the strain even more... sometimes Anesthesia throws out a nanner or two and I'd like to try and stop this from happening.

I told Sannie I'd let him know when the seeds are done.

• Like 10

i have to confess....i too got a pack of Ana left in my fridge

• Like 2

i have to confess....i too got a pack of Ana left in my fridge

I have 2 packs, minus 1 seed that crushed in shipping.

Will have to pop them in the near future.

Seems like we have people bringing this subject up about once a year. I do recall last time Whazzup saying he still has the original parents and may one day find some time to make another batch. So all hope is not lost.

I do appreciate him releasing the ones he had stored away for us and wish both him and E$ko were more active. I learned a lot from them both.

• Like 1

I have two Anesthesia's in flower now. They are F2's I made last year and plan on making F3's this year. I have around 80 Anesthesia F2 seeds left to work with.

I have a jar of Anesthesia pollen from 5 different males that I collected and will use this to make F3's.

I made clones of the Anesthesia F2 plants I have in flower and plan on using them to make more seeds. I also plan on backcrossing the F3's to stabilize the strain even more... sometimes Anesthesia throws out a nanner or two and I'd like to try and stop this from happening.

I told Sannie I'd let him know when the seeds are done.

When I get to my open pollination F2 I will be sending you a fistful. The more we have the more likely we are to find what we need to keep her the beauty she is or improve as you suggest.

For that matter I will for anyone who wants them.

How did they clone for You? I remember reading either a hard cloner for the Annie or for the Positronics parent.

I definitely want to keep f1 clones when I do get around to it. I believe an f3 and then BX would be a sure thing to keep the desire. Just have to watch for mutation due to all of the incross and backcrossing.

I'm very excited and greatful you are willing and wanting to put in the work on this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I haven't found cloning Anesthesia to be too difficult, but I use the aspirin trick when I clone anything.... it helps them root faster and with less overall stress.

I was in my flowering room last night and both Anesthesia plants have a dominating skunk smell to them.

My Anesthesia #1 has a strong, sweet menthol skunk odor with some Afghani and it is starting to get some good color to it and is really trich'd out... half clear/half milky as of now.

My Anesthesia #2 smells like sweet fruity skunk w/some Heri funk in it. It's starting to get good color too and is covered with tall clear/milky trichs. I'm thinking this is a Heri dominant Anesthesia pheno.

I'll take a couple of pics after I get off work later tonight and try to post them so you guys can see what they look like.

I know the flavor/terpene profiles will continue to evolve somewhat, but I hope the flavor doesn't change too much... I really like what I'm smelling!

The Heri-leaning phenos in Anesthesia are normally the strongest and Heri doesn't just make it stronger, Heri also lends a certain sweetness to it... it's not always the bland tasting plant that some would have you believe.

• Like 7

Hi guys a breeding project with Anna would be awesome 

i know I would be interested in the outcome 

and the chance to get some to play with would be awesome 

• Like 2

I'm sure wishing you all the best and sending good vibes on this project since I've heard so much great stuff about it but never had it. So, I'd be interested in the outcome as well. 

Always interested in good and unique smoke! :tu

peace

mrG

• Like 1

hey folks

I send the seeds out to a member and I guess he will work on a F2, however, this might need some time.

By the way I tried the shack x afghanskunk and it's a very nice cross which I highly recommend. i will soon post a smoke report about the two phenos.

luma

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i understood it that way, that whazz was not sure in what direction he was to take his line

- as he was happy with all the phenos in the F1 - and did not want to "exclude" any of them in

further generations (but then i am clueless as of why he not just open pollinated the line and

kept all expressions in there ... *shrug* ah well)

making F2's is supereasy and fun :) just make sure to not pollinate them in the very first run,

but make two runs (so, clones need to be kept) to make sure the males are hairfree and ladies

are ballsfree too.  runts , hermies and problematic plants (male & female) get culled and then

the seedrun can happen, for imho best results.

hermie-prone ladies sometimes don't show that trait anymore after being pollinated ;)

and some prone males grow/show hairs after dropping pollen(, which would be to late).

that's why when you (seriously) reproduce a line you have to invest a bit more time/space.

best of luck and fun to the one doing this ... thank you for keeping "ana" around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice description SAN. I'm always interested in hearing how breeders think. I'll slowly get there and make a line someday. I did make a shitload of seeds from a Lemon Fantasy male. So, I should have something fun to learn from and maybe even get lucky with some exciting smoke.

My lone SAN creation is looking great. It's the ShivaDawg. I'll post a pic. They're still getting comfortable in the larger pot. I haven't started feeding aggressively yet but will start today. They (2 Sultana, too) should be going onto the flower room in a week. All the others have to grow up from cloning the tops and I'm also vegging the plants I topped so they'll all be behind for a while.

peace

mrG

• Like 2