•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
gardenartus

Mama's in the kitchen making balms

Smells awesome in here! :)

I just wanted to mention this while on my mind.

I make a large base for the balm. I infuse coconut oil and cocoa butter. Then I have this on hand to create anything I would like later :) How long does it store? For as long as your carrier oils are good for, BUT I have found they do not go bad for years, no mold growth etc, if no water is introduced, and All plant matter is filtered well. I have studied to see, I put some for 5 years, in a dark blue container, in a cold environment, and no mold or bacteria. I would not guarantee effectiveness of balm, but I doubt being stored as is, that if much of any potency is lost.

Buy fresh carrier oils that are known to have a longer shelf life, then you can make your base up in bulk, and grab and make as needed.

One of the things, this stuff is stinko! by itself, the cannabis. By using coco butter cuts the smell while cooking.

• Like 9

Awesome Ms Gardenartus. Maybe one day you will grace us with a recipe or even a "how to" on making your very nice smelling balms.

• Like 2

I'm thinking of giving away samples of pain cream.

So many people only smoke and don't do any edibles or want any balm type stuff.

Guess a lot have spent good money at a dispensary for something with no effect.

Need to find some nice little jars, they want a lot to buy empty jars!

That's one thing about my pain cream is it smells like marijuana.

Who would have thought?

Hard for working people to use.

There's some new legislation starting to protect marijuana users from discrimination in the workplace.

You can't fire me just because I'm a stoner.

• Like 3

Another thing to try is add some nice smelling herbs to the balm, you would add in anyway tacman for the medicinal effect, one is camomile, add some when cooking :)

IF you add essential oils, lavender is one really covers smell, you can dramatically change the smell.

A few nice "manly" type to add and add a really nice sexy smell, Oakmoss, Sandlewood, Vetiver. Some men like a touch of lime, I don't care for that one, or add a woodsy scent, such as cedar or a fir.

Adding lemon or orange makes a nice smell, but you need to watch any of the citrus type if you go out in the sun a lot. Skip that type if in the sun a lot, our bulbs do not have the same effect so safe in the grow.

A few for women add in rose, it can be over powering watch how much, ginger, geranium, ylang ylang, sandlewood is nice for women too.

You can come up with your own scents for these. I do NOT use fragrance oils, they are snythetic, only essential oils.

Cinnamon and clove, adds a nice undertone touch that men and women both seem to like.

I would suggest doing a search on the net for making "natural" perfumes with oils, then you can customize each balm. :)

https://thebestorgan...t-in-5-minutes/

Tacman, I buy my containers when on sale, and stock up. Now when I need a fill in, I order small off say Amazon, not too bad price for say a dozen to get me by.

Another thing, cut down on smell, no green, instead of infusing, dose it with some nice cannabis oil. :)

• Like 3

ms Artis of the garden :) So appreciate your knowledge on medibles! Im always going to your threads when i need my wife to try something new with our butter. We've been giving away lightly medicated cannacookies to a friend who treats her older dog with them ... The dog is old and has allot of pain issues, lays around all day bummed out..

since medicating she has been running around the yard being goofy again, back to her typical self :)

• Like 4

I made a couple specialty ones, one for warming, one for more cooling. The one that is warming, smells like cinnamon and cloves ha ha ha we are gonna smell like Fresh Baked Pies over here lol.

• Like 3

ms Artis of the garden :) So appreciate your knowledge on medibles! Im always going to your threads when i need my wife to try something new with our butter. We've been giving away lightly medicated cannacookies to a friend who treats her older dog with them ... The dog is old and has allot of pain issues, lays around all day bummed out..

since medicating she has been running around the yard being goofy again, back to her typical self :)

This reminded me of a story about my little dog :)

I had him on both types of oil, just a little guy half shih tzu, half cocker, mean as hell to everyone, fake em out wagging his tail, then he would bite your nose lol, but he loved me. He had bad hips, knocked a knee out, actually healed that with CBD. Tumors all over his body, severe allergies, cannabis took care of it all.

Anyhoo, could not find him for hours and hours and hours one day. Finally my guy goes looking out around the deck, it is on the second story. My little one had walked off the deck and was just laying there sleeping like nothing happened :)

I started calling him Wonder Dog after that lol, didn't break a thing, and was happy as a little lark. He made it to 18 years.

• Like 4