•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Snookster

Buyer Beware: Hemp Depot Seeds

@Stringy Pete Brad is the breeder of Bean Hoarder. I would assume that's why he was able to replace them as he did. His gear is legit for the price. Sometimes you have to do some pheno hunting but there are some really cool hybs in his collection.

• Like 1

HD has always been reliable for me, but they do say that if you don't get your seeds, tough luck. I was just lucky and always got them.

There is no other seed seller/breeder like Sannie, who bends over backwards to make sure you get your seeds. At least that's my experience.

PS: And regardless of the seed color, I've always had near 100% germ rates with all products from Sannie's shop. Even those Heri seeds that were about the size of a sesame seed.

• Like 6

spw, bro ... that does not mean that the beans won't pop ;) seed can be 100% ripe and

have lost its sensitive coating without taking any effect on their germination-capabilities.

somtimes (most times, actually) the beautiful tigermelon-patterns

just slip off the beans while handling them (de-seeding ect) ... :)

they usually need a few weeks of rest before handling, but not everybody

does take the time do leave them rest as it is mostly/debateably a cosmetic feature.

• Like 5

On 4/7/2018 at 3:34 AM, sannie said:

I think you are mistaking with nice seeds and matured seeds, seeds can be mature but looking pale and without tiger print, every plant gives other seeds and not all of them will give baby water melons. Even some strains will not give big dark tigered seeds.

The seeds should be judged after germing and growing.

Quite pressent experience is that Herijuana seeds I just made are not looking as the water melon dark seeds but pop like hell and will give you healthy plants to grow, the Ouzbekistan from USC where the nicest seeds, big water melon brown with a nice print but have problems to get them above ground.

If there would be problems while germing or growing it is very easy to contact me and we will find a solution.

greetz sannie

Thanks for your feed back sannie and i know your policy for replacements for bad germ rates etc. 

I was more moaning about aesthetics and the fact that I never have the luxury to grow out seeds to check germ rates of the stuff i have bought since i had to stop growing 9 yrs ago. That's just my circumstances and not your fault obviously.  So, all i can go on are the seeds aesthetics. i have gotten what i would say are light crappy seeds that didn't do shit for me so that's my experience and why i say what i do.  Again not your fault just my past experience.  I have a pack of heri from little awhile back myself  and remain hopefully as ever with all untested beans. 

meant no disrespect to you Sannie as i have recommended to others your gear in the shop. 

• Like 1

I also got letter in mail from Canada. I think there just taking our money and sending the letter. Oregon elite is official been ordering from there now

Edited by santero
if HD just takes money and does not send beans, then why would quebec customs bother ? nah, man ... hemp depot IS official too and reliable since almost 2 decades.

We reship all the time. This year we reshipped at least 3 dozen packages. Everything goes out Expedited with Tracking so seeds should arrive in 7-10 days in the US and 15 days in the EU. 5 days in Canada, but for some strange reason, shipping is almost double to a destination in Canada (we're in Canada) then it is for us to ship to the US.   

99.9% of the time, packages make their way to '"Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at TIME on DATE."' and never comes out of it. Shit just gets lost or stolen by contract workers (I was told by an employee at jfk isc). We sell cheap, so re-shipping wipes out our profit, but we can still resend without losing money. Our customers always come back, so it's worth it. We can do this because we only sell strains we breed (borealseeds).

Companies like HD are seed banks have to pay the breeders for the seeds they sell. Re-sipping for them costs them money and not many banks will reship if they lose money. If they do re-ship, it's regular mail and in the spring when money is rolling in for them. From June to December, they're more likely to not resend.

Having said that, there are some who ALWAYS reship intercepted seeds. Just take a picture of the package/letter with the customs "green tape", or the letter from Canada Post and they should reship. It's just good business.

Cheers and stay covid safe. 

high i got ripped for €200 @hempdeot  i dont think its any thing to do with guy @ h.d. though hes asound guy from what i can tell       i got a letter from canadian customs(seed taxing dept,lol) fuckers  how is stealing my seeds helping canada?  they dont even grow em!

to be fare brad offerd me half off next order  but i didnt want to throw good money after bad!    so perhaps tittle shoud be beware of canadian customs   not  brad!(hempdepot)

i receved a letter with just 1 pack of romulan &1 nl/romulan wich was od causethose were my main intrest &  when the bulk of the order £200~ was confiscated       i was a little sus@ first    but he is good as his word                 onelove      sunstone

• Like 2

after understanding the actual reasons for people sometimes not getting their seeds from canadian vendors
it makes clear that ordering from outside canada is a risk and not necessarily the shops fault if it doesn't work
out. i feel bad for people that take a risk and get disappointed :(

• Like 1

They have a decent sale going on, I just do not trust the beans chance of a positive border crossing right now. And, there are SO DAMN MANY outlets here in the USA to use now.