•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Tread790

LED Variety by Tread

Been bouncing around for a few years since bubbleponics shut down and I think I’ll settle in here. I’ve grown several Sannies strains and have loved them all and that’s what’s lead me to this forum. This grow will be 6 Blackjack clones grown in coco.

Equipment:

2 x Solar Storm 440s

1 x Solar System 550

8 X 4 Gorilla Grow Tent

6 site Oxygen Pot System

6” Phresh Carbon Filter

6” Hurricane in-line fan

Blu Lab guardian monitor

Air pump and stone for res

Nutrients:

AN Sensi Coco A&B

Roots Excelurator (hydro)

Orca

Have not decided on bloom nutes just yet but have tons of grows using connoisseur just not sure about the coco formula.

URL=https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/image/208314-lights/]gallery_9811_4988_3483626.jpeg[/url]

gallery_9811_4988_520494.jpeg

• Like 5

Blackjack Veg

77.8F

55% RH

pH 6.3

Ppm 260

Res Temp 68F

This is my first coco grow and some of the benefits over soil are already clear to me. Root development goes so much faster and so does the early stages of plant growth. In the 55 gals I’ve added 60ml of RE, 50ml of Orca and 75ml of Sensi A&B. The plants seem to really like this low dose mix so far. The pH has held stready and the plants seems to be drinking more this last week. The buckets are filling to about 50-65% on Mon, Wed and Fri right when the lights come on and it seems to be sufficient. Right now I’m trying to decide if I’ll be putting in a net or just using some 4’ Bamboo stakes. So far so good.

URL=https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/image/208312-blackjack-veg1/]gallery_9811_4988_2202342.jpeg[/url]

• Like 6

Man,you might want to make sure your plants are tied down well, they might jump right out of the pots in that system! Nice!

Baq

• Like 2

Man,you might want to make sure your plants are tied down well, they might jump right out of the pots in that system! Nice!

Baq

I hope they do. Stepping into uncharted territory with a new system and medium.

Is this the Black Domino X Jock Horror cross?

Yes, it’s the Nirvana version.

• Like 1

Cool. I started a Blackberry this past Thursday. Next up is Blackjack, in two weeks.

I’ve been wanting to grow Blackberry for a while now but I picked Blackjack instead. If you’ve got a journal going with it I’d love to check it out.

Blackjack Veg

79.6F

48%RH

pH 6.5

PPM 380

Res Temp 68F

Plants are looking very healthy with some seriously thick branches already. Dumped the res and upped the nutes to 200ml of Sensi A&B with the same amount of Orca and RE. Will defoliate in the next couple days to get some more branching so that I can hopefully fill the space as much as possible. I had intended to keep doing a separate soil grow but I’m very tempted to switch all my mediums to coco due to the way these plants have responded to it. The roots are actually coming through the fiber pots already. Btw, love the new site and I makes loading pics much easier. 

4903B3BB-DAF4-4785-926E-708D5D89EA21.jpeg

6E481F48-20CC-4323-8945-508F1FE399D0.jpeg

• Like 9

Yeah, it reminds me of some SciFi movie in a room to keep Borgs alive, or some shit... the main brain is in that big black barrel. :P

It looks cool man. I always dream of an auto watering system. Best vibes on the grow. They all look great.

peace

mrG

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Yeah, it reminds me of some SciFi movie in a room to keep Borgs alive, or some shit... the main brain is in that big black barrel. :P

It looks cool man. I always dream of an auto watering system. Best vibes on the grow. They all look great.

peace

mrG

Sometimes it’s nice to not have to not have to hand water everything and it allows me to feel like a mad scientist when I walk into my grow room. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

It looks like a very cool set up. Is it a kit or did you piece it all together? Maybe one day.

peace

mrG

its a kit  

• Like 1

Looking pretty sweet there, Tread. I'm hoping to eventually get my carrots and drippers set-up so I don't have to worry about watering all the time either... just need to get the damn tomatoes out of the tent so I have some space to work again.

• Like 2

Blackjack Veg

81.6F

52% RH

pH 5.9

PPM 460

ResTemp 68F

Still growing strong at about 12” tall. Will probably be defoliating and switching to bloom within a week. The stems on this plant are very thick and the roots are coming out all over the place. I increased the feeding this week and the pH has been drifting between 6.3 & 5.8 and I added another watering at midnight on Sunday. Can’t complain. 

E5BB9292-2518-44A0-9F46-12DF281C99E4.jpeg

14F63656-9CCD-46DE-84D0-BE99A72A1576.jpeg

• Like 2

Blackjack Day 1 Bloom

76.2F

42% RH

pH 6.0

PPM 600

Res Temp 66F

Defoliated on Sunday and gave them a few days to recover before flipping. Structure of the plants looking very good and they will stay relatively short because of the early topping. Decided to go with Connie Coco for my Bloom nute because I’ve had so much success with the brand in dozens of past grows. My temps are a bit low and I need to get it to that 80-85F range. I’ll let the humidity stay where it is for a few more weeks befor I drive it into the 30s. 

7859C08C-9CC3-4026-BC24-450B1291E452.jpeg

82E3D446-D1C7-4744-884F-AD8247E5CA96.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh man, Acapulco Gold!? Whats the expected flowering time on those babies? Pretty babies :)

6 hours ago, Damar said:

Oh man, Acapulco Gold!? Whats the expected flowering time on those babies? Pretty babies :)

About 9-10 weeks. Supposed to be a difficult strain to grow indoors but I’m really looking forward to this pheno hunt. 

• Like 1

Blackjack Day 8 Bloom

84.6F

61% RH

pH 6.4

PPM 600

Res Temp 69F

The stretch has started but they seem to be spreading out more horizontally than anything which I’ll always be happy with. These BJs wanna be bushes more than trees and it seems like decreasing light time by an hour a day until you get to 12/12 has done the trick. Nute wise I seems to have found the sweet spot since they have drank about 30 gals this week and the PPM has stayed at 600 with no pH swings. Ladies are starting to sprout clusters of pistils and looking great in the early stages of bloom, so much so that you’d never know they were completely defoliated 10 days ago. So far so good

2F732FC0-AD75-41DD-B27F-EE40B9776ABD.jpeg

DFA89AA3-EAB1-4C8D-A22C-A1ABE5D995D6.jpeg

• Like 1

Blackjack Day 15 Bloom

84.6F

49% RH

pH 6.3

PPM 670

Res Temp 69F

Budding has started and the growth is getting thick. I upped the nute concentration and after the first feeding PPM has gone from 680-670. Looking forward to defoliating next week to see how many budding sites I actually have. Blackjack has been a strong grower the whole way and I’m excited to see how well the bloom cycle goes. 

142AB415-F109-4AD3-919D-A753C8B66BCB.jpeg

EAD9CD1D-C7E5-4395-8E79-572CA9DB6354.jpeg

160CEF60-444E-4737-BCA7-F99714160AC7.jpeg

7141DFA6-3A6C-4E55-A1B4-232FFD6E6495.jpeg

• Like 1

How hard are you going to defoliate? I always tell myself I'm going to get to a point and then let the girls go, especially during flowering. But yesterday I ended up trimming a bit from the bottom again on my stretchy Mohawks and BazookaJane x Selene... I'm just trying to avoid more popcorn bud, but I never know if doing some cuts here and there during early flowering causes the girls to stall for a day or too?

• Like 1

Start to take from lower in veg, not so much in flower.

Do it bit by bit over time and not all at once.  You do not want to stress the plant.  You want to guide growth.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Damar said:

How hard are you going to defoliate? I always tell myself I'm going to get to a point and then let the girls go, especially during flowering. But yesterday I ended up trimming a bit from the bottom again on my stretchy Mohawks and BazookaJane x Selene... I'm just trying to avoid more popcorn bud, but I never know if doing some cuts here and there during early flowering causes the girls to stall for a day or too?

With this being an led grow, any leaf with an inch of longer stem gets taken out. Two places where I really have to make sure I clean up are leaves growing into the middle of the plant and anything in the bottom third. This strain is growing bushier than anything I’ve grown in a long while so I absolutely have to aid in air flow along the bottom and the interior and that may be more important than opening up more bud sites. Any defoliation will stall the plants for a couple days but if timed right they crank it back up rather quickly. A week after my first defol you barely could tell I ever touched them. 

• Like 1

Hi tread I am a firm beliver in defoliation how far in to flowering stage do you trim 

I only trim up to the first 3weeks after flipping them to 12/12 

• Like 2