•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Tread790

LED Variety by Tread

15 hours ago, gardenartus said:

I at times end up bending them, which works out nice, only issue is I can't not get in the room lol but it does produce more large colas when I have to bend. I need bigger rooms period.

I’m actually trying to fill up the space. I have access on the front and back of the tent so it’s not a big problem for me. You don’t run out of ceiling height just bending? My issue is that my minimum hanging height for my panels is 25-30”. 

Sugarpunch/Gelato Veg

86.5 F

41% RH

390 PPM

Topped everybody on last time to try and flatten out the canopy and encourage some horizontal growth. The results have been good with all 6 plants seemingly responding quickly. They have been in veg for around a month and are a week or two away from being stripped and flipped. 

CC1EFAF9-D59F-4AF4-B39B-A6BA15EF0D95.jpeg

• Like 3

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 0 Bloom

86.1F

51.6% RH

390 PPM

Complete defoliation done today and I can see the structure now. Gelato turned in perfect, tall and tabletop shaped plants which I’m happy with. Sugarpunch ended up being significantly shorter, denser with the closest internodal spacing that I’ve grown. What I love to see is the thick woody main stalks that all 6 plants have. All 6 are also drinking their entire res every 2 days which I should’ve expected given the 2 month veg. Very excited to see these 2 very different strains flower. 

8796A2BE-C19B-44A2-A0A8-4652143265F1.jpeg

ED1873C2-3408-4B67-A5D4-9A2B4781DAEA.jpeg

• Like 4

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 7 Bloom

86F

41% RH

430 PPM

Plants leafing back out. Not much stretch which is to be expected. Everybody seems to be handling the increase in nute strength. So far so good. 

939AAE3F-9A97-4B31-93C3-B700B1F446B0.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dieseldog381 said:

I love watching plants freak out after you defoliate them, cannabis just loves being cut on.   

Before you do it the first time it seems like the worst thing you could do. After you see the results you’ll never do it any other way. Reason I never go through with running a true scrog. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tread790 said:

Before you do it the first time it seems like the worst thing you could do. After you see the results you’ll never do it any other way. Reason I never go through with running a true scrog. 

Have you ever read the "Three a Light" scam, by Jonathon Haupt?   He's the guy in Colorado selling the "secret" to getting three pounds per light book for $500, and all it is is defoliating.   Why I quit using Advanced Nutrients, they are scamming people, too, with the "don't try this at home, you could kill your plants"  nonsense, and that it's "only for experienced growers", or that it's an "advanced technique".  Give me a break, anybody can do it, and if growing indoors, they all should.       

If my dog defoliates a plant it STILL kicks arse, that's what weeds do when you try to kill them.      

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

Have you ever read the "Three a Light" scam, by Jonathon Haupt?   He's the guy in Colorado selling the "secret" to getting three pounds per light book for $500, and all it is is defoliating.   Why I quit using Advanced Nutrients, they are scamming people, too, with the "don't try this at home, you could kill your plants"  nonsense, and that it's "only for experienced growers", or that it's an "advanced technique".  Give me a break, anybody can do it, and if growing indoors, they all should.       

If my dog defoliates a plant it STILL kicks arse, that's what weeds do when you try to kill them.      

I have heard about the 3 a light nonsense. All it is is the day 1 defoliation in bloom with another at around 3 weeks. They also use that book to promote their success nutrients. I will admit that I’m an AN users and will be for the simple fact that I have not pH’d my nutes in years and have had great results. If it ain’t broke. 

• Like 1

Oh, ditto on the PH, forgot about that with AN.  

Yeah, lots of people swear by Advanced Nutrients.   I ran them side by side with Fox Farm that I’ve used for years in DWC, and found no appreciable difference, EXCEPT, the AN we’re much less forgiving if I used too much.  I actually took this as a good thing, as they advertise they are structured for maximum uptake by your plants.   But man, if you get your ppm too high, better back them down quick, or they will fry your plants.   Fox Farm will too, just not as fast.  

Im back to guano soil grown now, still the best tasting weed ever, also using Octopots.   My last Goji OG Run used Ocean Forest and plain water start to finish.   Worked great, so easy it was boring though, lol.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

My last Goji OG Run used Ocean Forest and plain water start to finish.   Worked great, so easy it was boring though, lol.  

That’s funny,  I’ve been searching for the “so easy it’s boring” way to grow for almost a decade! Lol, “plain water” that won’t kill my plants hasn’t been so easy to come by for me however. 

Db

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Budder said:

That’s funny,  I’ve been searching for the “so easy it’s boring” way to grow for almost a decade! Lol, “plain water” that won’t kill my plants hasn’t been so easy to come by for me however. 

Db

Yeah, Gardenartus got me to try them, they work very well.  The wick ideas not new, but combining grow bags to a wick seems their magic bullet.  It’s all about the roots getting plenty of air.   The great thing is, you can leave them forever and not lose a plant.

Fugetaboutit with ph or ppm, just fill the bag with your favorite grow mix and water them.   I use the six gal one, HUGE plants, but you e got plenty of nutrients for most plants in six gal    I used to run three gal pots, and those aren’t quit big enough to carry you seed to harvest    

Merry Christmas to all!   

12 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

Oh, ditto on the PH, forgot about that with AN.  

Yeah, lots of people swear by Advanced Nutrients.   I ran them side by side with Fox Farm that I’ve used for years in DWC, and found no appreciable difference, EXCEPT, the AN we’re much less forgiving if I used too much.  I actually took this as a good thing, as they advertise they are structured for maximum uptake by your plants.   But man, if you get your ppm too high, better back them down quick, or they will fry your plants.   Fox Farm will too, just not as fast.  

Im back to guano soil grown now, still the best tasting weed ever, also using Octopots.   My last Goji OG Run used Ocean Forest and plain water start to finish.   Worked great, so easy it was boring though, lol.  

You’re right about the less forgiving thing with AN. They will fry your plants to a crisp if you use too much. I’ve been using the stuff for years with my LEDs so I pretty much have the sweet spot dialed right in. I’ve recent been trying to figure out how to run Sannies organic buffer tablets in the octos. Been half assing organic for years and I’d love to do it for real. 

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 14 Bloom

85.3F

41.6% RH

530 PPM

Both strains seem to be developing at the same rate with SP stretching a little bit more than Gelato. That’s good for this grow because the heights are starting to even out a bit with SP catching up. Budding has started and pistils are starting to cluster at the sites. 

DBE5711D-ADCA-4D1F-936B-0AC496C0AC9D.jpeg

• Like 1

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 24 Bloom

86.1 F

38% RH

710 PPM

Did my last defoliation today and everything is still looking good. At the end of the stretch SP is significantly shorter than gelato. Not a big problem since I’m using 2 panels. These 2 strains have eaten everything I’ve given them with no issues at all. Sugarpunch is already very sticky and I can smell the sweet tarts already. Gelato has a fruity/earthy odor that I can’t quite put my finger on with some decent trichs but not on the level of SP. So far so good.

0CF6C505-15FF-404E-BDF1-8019D7BBBA24.jpeg

38F503F0-A9E7-44F7-AB65-D737871EDAE0.jpeg

727E4138-CAD6-4786-AC81-51790D46F85C.jpeg

06E42F0B-E1A2-48D2-BC8E-B76A8ACB132A.jpeg

• Like 3

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 28 Bloom

86.7F

41% RH

700 PPM

At the half way point these 2 strains are developing better than I expected. Buds are stacking and trich production has been impressive. Right now my smallest SP plant has the biggest buds in the tent. 

F661B778-F473-4AD0-9DAF-978BB1C037FD.jpeg

4669F41E-BE4F-4A07-9D41-4F3BA83FB0A0.jpeg

CAE45056-6B64-424F-81EE-FCFE6C6D42A8.jpeg

0677A604-64A8-45BF-85A4-5628CF9A503A.jpeg

• Like 5

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 35 Bloom

85.5F

43% RH

620 PPM

Both strains have shown very impressive bud development up to this point. The best part is that they haven’t begun bulking up yet. When I open the tent it smells like straight candy. They are also emptying their res every 3 days. Contacted the folks at Octopot and I will be upgrading to an 8 site auto fill system after this grow which will make this even easier. Can’t wait. Coming soon Rainmaker & Northern Lights. 

1A67E010-1949-4516-BF14-E053BA375075.jpeg

9D66CCF9-4A03-4BB9-B4D4-D0D812A6A474.jpeg

82B63718-220E-4DCD-833D-4341A42BCC77.jpeg

5F27BF4B-CBEB-46BC-AFB9-354E6A6B5A1E.jpeg

• Like 6

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 42 Bloom

86F

39% RH

370 PPM

Buds are getting really big and I’m starting to have to support some branches. Trich production is very impressive now for both strains. The octos have made it very easy to gradually back off the nutes so the plants aren’t shocked overnight. By next week they will be transitioned into a full flush. After the slow start this has turned out to be one of the easiest grows I’ve don. 

E9317029-0DF1-404C-9FFC-A3CCDA508F49.jpeg

AECA6A91-C918-40CA-8A56-A90C7D9600F1.jpeg

BB6EFBE1-8D88-44AE-9FB5-0A1C40A792B1.jpeg

0FA90882-F731-44B0-81A6-2CD7B04FB7B8.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, saxo said:

they filling in great !!

After not growing Sugarpunch for a few years I completely forgot how big it gets and how quickly it does so. Gelato may not be as impressive but it is certainly holding its own. 

• Like 2

Sugarpunch/Gelato Day 49 Bloom

85.1F

38% RH

180 PPM

To my surprise this grow is basically done. All plants except one have had the pistils retract and under the scope everything is cloudy with a scattering of amber. The frost on these 2 strains is very impressive. You can see some of the trich heads with the naked eye. Now I’m considering harvesting maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Ever since I started growing with LEDs all my plants seem to finish a week earlier that what the breeders say the should. I’ll take that any day. 

8F761ED7-8E1A-4524-914A-EAD8A839CC36.jpeg

FF48647A-DF6C-497F-82BA-31048E061F4D.jpeg

• Like 5

Big harvest from this grow coming in at 1123g. Not bad for a grow from seed. Now I’m in the process of converting this tent into an 8 site auto-fill Octo grow. @gardenartus, @JetDro, what size hole did you drill into the external res to fit the bulkhead?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tread790 said:

what size hole did you drill into the external res to fit the bulkhead?

I never have used an external rez on mine, just a 30 gallon garbage can and a pump with a hose to the rez's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetDro said:

I never have used an external rez on mine, just a 30 gallon garbage can and a pump with a hose to the rez's

So you just pump it in when they get low?  That’s a helluva idea

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

Mine is a res, so already had one in it, it is 1/2"

Ok, I think I have to drill the hole slightly smaller. Maybe 3/8”. Fingers crossed

• Like 1