•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Tread790

LED Variety by Tread

Hi tread 

one day I’ll try hydro I’ve been toying with buying octopots  swears by them . But for now I am a soil guy 

Your plants sure likes the purple sun lol 

peace 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Wow, surprising they held the weight, must be some heavy stocks. Looks awesome :)

This is my first time using a silicate supplement and it works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Papalag said:

Hi tread 

one day I’ll try hydro I’ve been toying with buying octopots  swears by them . But for now I am a soil guy 

Your plants sure likes the purple sun lol 

peace 

The octopots got my attention too and I was thinking of using them with soil so I could have the best of both worlds. I’ll never go back to hid. 

• Like 2

You will love them, it combines the growth of hydro, with the taste and smell of soil. :) What stopped me from doing hydro, to me it is a weaker smell and taste and does not compare to soil. Someone is gonna smack me ha ha hashhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hammie lol Truth ;)

Wow, cool, what company you use for your silicate supplement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

You will love them, it combines the growth of hydro, with the taste and smell of soil. :) What stopped me from doing hydro, to me it is a weaker smell and taste and does not compare to soil. Someone is gonna smack me ha ha hashhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hammie lol Truth ;)

I think I may agree with you and that’s why I used coco to try and mitigate that a bit. I went with ANs Rhino Skin. 

Acapulco Gold Day 1 Bloom

83.7F

52% RH

So I changed my mind about letting these veg longer because I actually have no clue what this strain will do. Running out of vertical space really sux. They’re all around a foot tall and have decent branching. I didn’t due my usual day 1 defoliation because I need a good stretch so I can get good clones for a potential mother. Now it’s time to see which one or maybe two I will keep. 

9AE0DC21-68B9-4172-B4EB-DADFCE22BF67.jpeg

• Like 2

Acapulco Gold Day 8 Bloom

80.7F

46% RH

They all seem to have stretched around 10” in this first week. I think my decision to flip early was the right one because they may keep going for a while. Looking at them now there’s not a lot of branching going on so in the future I may top a second time. Good thing is the branches are relatively thick and everybody is looking healthy. 

DA4A00FB-F364-4A87-9D1A-1BDC5A83ABBA.jpeg

• Like 2

... very thick! , and healthy.

What's the history of the seeds? You may have said already. 

peace

mrG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

... very thick! , and healthy.

What's the history of the seeds? You may have said already. 

peace

mrG

Barney’s Farm seeds. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 3:58 PM, gardenartus said:

Sorry for the hijack. Buildasoil.com is running a sale through 6/25.  Legit company with great products. 

https://buildasoil.com/collections/summer-sale/products/agsil16h-potassium-silicate-summer-sale?variant=8728416288885

• Like 1

It can be expensive if buying silcon through weed industry peeps. I used to have a link for an Ag place that had it for $11 a 1lb bag. I'll see if I can find it. Some of the grow mixes are adding it in already. I noticed last year it finally got a lot of attention from the Weed fert suppliers. It was on the shelf in many forms and in a lot of products up front. But, buying it in any form from a supply house for pot growing is pricey. 

That Build a Soil place is very cool. They definitely have it all.

Crap. I can't find the link now, but I'll keep looking. Kelp for less charges $24 for 1 pound. Wish I could find that link.

Thanks Tread! I figured that's where they came from.It sounds like it has a great high. Enjoy!

peace

mrG

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Argo630 said:

I know a guy from the net I met a long time ago. he has this place they sell AgSil that is the stuff.

https://customhydronutrients.com/

Awesome bro, that is the exact product I was looking for. That place has a pound for $15 so, that's near what I found for $11, 3 years ago. It's water soluble, too.

https://customhydronutrients.com/potassium-silicate-c-1_46_37.html . (the ordering options by weights)

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Nice plants tread.

I'm a newb to LED

Can I pick your brain?

Many places I see they say keep distance .6 m to 1.5

But tons of vids show plants right up on fixtures?

I been warned I could bleach my plants if to close.

Confused?

I understand if height is rasised footprint expands

But from what I'm seeing folks have said screw that

Packed the rooms, hung 4 

Light fixtures like 4 inches away from canopy.

What is the correct way to do it?

Currently I keep my light

22 inches from top, they have just completed week on of 12 12.

Thanks man.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Toker said:

Nice plants tread.

I'm a newb to LED

Can I pick your brain?

Many places I see they say keep distance .6 m to 1.5

But tons of vids show plants right up on fixtures?

I been warned I could bleach my plants if to close.

Confused?

I understand if height is rasised footprint expands

But from what I'm seeing folks have said screw that

Packed the rooms, hung 4 

Light fixtures like 4 inches away from canopy.

What is the correct way to do it?

Currently I keep my light

22 inches from top, they have just completed week on of 12 12.

Thanks man.

You can’t hang any LED worth having 4” from the top of the canopy. You will bleach and heat stress the plants. My CLW panels are 400w panels and I hung then at 18-20” during bloom phase. My black dog panel is 800w and I hang that at 26” during bloom. Long story short, the hanging height really depends on the actual wattage of the panel. The footprints are different for all the manufacturers and you can raise the the light to increase the footprint in veg. In bloom I’d go with the recommended heights. Which Led panels are you using?

Blackjack 

This strain ended up being harvested at day 60. When I put them under the scope last week I saw something pretty strange. The trichs were 50/50 Amber and clear with no cloudy. I’ve never seen that before so my response was to put the in the dark for a few days then harvest. During harvest there were tons of long and dense buds. This harvest beat the hell outta my spin pro trimmer to the point where I replaced the trimming wires with an actual metal blade.  I’ll be back with harvest weights in about a week. 

One mars 600

I am looking at others

I do like everything about the 

Platinum line, 300 watts

Par at 18 of around 1100

Can these types grow 3 footers

Well?

230 on Amazon.

Thanks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toker said:

One mars 600

I am looking at others

I do like everything about the 

Platinum line, 300 watts

Par at 18 of around 1100

Can these types grow 3 footers

Well?

230 on Amazon.

Thanks.

I’ve never used the mars panels but at 300w I’d hang at around 14-16”. To grow 3 footers you will have to defoliate to some degree due to the limitations in penetration with LED panels. A scrog would also be effective. I would also recommend removing everything in the bottom third of the plant after the stretch is done. Are these 3w or 5w panels?

Blackjack - Harvest Weight

791g

Pretty good haul. Filled up 2 8L cvaults and one smaller one. I could have definitely improved on this by simply letting the plants get a little bigger and I still had plenty space. This strain produce some really dense buds and the tops where big. Great smell that I cannot yet identify. I think I have this strain figured out so I’ll be able to push it the next run. Overall I can’t complain. 

1236CB74-0B73-490A-9150-3D9A333588E7.jpeg

• Like 5

Acapulco Gold Day 16 Bloom

82.3F

52% RH

This strain seems to be budding relatively early for a 10 week sativa. Also they haven’t stretched much in the last week so I may defoliate in the next couple days. I really expected tall lanky plants but I’ll take this. Right now they all look like the same pheno with very little variation. 

939082BD-6B16-43F9-84A5-723E1D1BF21C.jpeg

83A3496C-5C15-4A09-B9FC-11C5F2BA0432.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice plants and thread, but I think without the Disco light it would be better to see/jugde the plants. :)

Thanx!

I´am colour blind, btw.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Weederstand said:

Nice plants and thread, but I think without the Disco light it would be better to see/jugde the plants. :)

Thanx!

I´am colour blind, btw.

I would love to have some natural light for pics but you can only pack so much wattage into these tents. But believe me, if I had a problem I’d definitely get em under some natural light and crowd source a solution.