•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Smokey Pockets

Smokeshack Photodump

4 hours ago, gardenartus said:

What is the purpose behind Cobbs? They look like dog turds and sound kind of odd lol why do you do that to pot?

HahahHaha, they most certainly do look like dog turds. The purpose, hmmmm, it’s an ancient African method of curing , they used to bury the herb in the dirt, in a goat stomach . Possibly so you don’t need to smoke it... no lighters in the old days. But the end result is a worthwhile purpose as well, it’s very psychedelic, the more sativa the more crazy it gets. There are huge threads on it on IC mag. You can smoke it, but the best way is to eat it, and the buzz is better than any mushroom trip I ever had, but also very mellow and not incapacitating. If you use a pure , long flower sativa, it gets closer to the intensity of lsd. It’s a long term process, 6 months to get a finished cob. And we use vacuum sealers and corn husk , not earth and guts . I can give you a recipe type summary if you are interested in giving it a shot

BCFA31CA-B12F-421D-86E9-ACFB66A15470.jpeg

• Like 3

Hell, I haven't smoked or used cob cured yet. I just wanted to try something new. But yeah, if I can get the shroom feeling...I just might cob up the whole grow. :verrygood

• Like 2

Do you have soma amnesia haze? Is it from ols seed? Or is it from esko? Or do you have the original cut? 

Greetz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo.Z said:

Do you have soma amnesia haze? Is it from ols seed? Or is it from esko? Or do you have the original cut? 

Greetz

Yeah this is the Soma cut, 10 wks

OH trippy time, so you take our sweet innocent cannabis plant and turn her into a psychedelic. I;m in lol but does it taste like it looks? ;)

Did you know they are using shrooms to reset folks minds get them off heroin, and even Cigarettes! I was looking for shrooms to get off cigs, and everyone says they know a guy that knows a guy but a year later I never got any lol so I switched and stopped using tobacco and now smoke lobelia and mullein. I can't get past hand to mouth. Wonder if making a cob, we could reset our minds like we can with shrooms? Hell yea I am in as long as I don't need to play Pink Floyd back to back to ride through a trip lol I'll give it a go, you don't mind sharing the recipe. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

OH trippy time, so you take our sweet innocent cannabis plant and turn her into a psychedelic. I;m in lol but does it taste like it looks? ;)

Did you know they are using shrooms to reset folks minds get them off heroin, and even Cigarettes! I was looking for shrooms to get off cigs, and everyone says they know a guy that knows a guy but a year later I never got any lol so I switched and stopped using tobacco and now smoke lobelia and mullein. I can't get past hand to mouth. Wonder if making a cob, we could reset our minds like we can with shrooms? Hell yea I am in as long as I don't need to play Pink Floyd back to back to ride through a trip lol I'll give it a go, you don't mind sharing the recipe. :)

Yeah, it’s alchemy! 

Thats seriously how I felt the first time I ate some . I hike my dogs everyday, out in the woods, and had a very trippy time, I was mumbling to myself and chuckling out loud, all the colors seemed more vivid, I felt like I had super hearing , it was pretty crazy. It’s almost like life in extra high definition, like all your senses are stronger. The cobs I have made were like mostly indica doms, or close to a 50/50 hybrid, but when using gnarly sativas I hear you can get visuals. I haven’t cobbed any like that yet, but do have some beans of scary sativas to grow out and cob up. 

It tastes pretty good , whatever the strain is , it’s flavor is concentrated and a bit sweeter. One of those pictured is a sugar Punch and it was pretty good, in context of course , it’s not like candy it’s still weed. 

I have seen some of the studies with people micro dosing to help with addiction issues, I’m not sure but this may help. It’s a very positive experience, you can’t help but be super happy and giggley. Not sure about the rewiring of synapses, to cure addiction, but it’s definitely worth investigating. 

let me go through my threads on other forums and grab some pictures to help visualize, with the instructions , and I will get that up later 

• Like 2

Oh yeah, Floyd is pretty sweet while cobbing, but really anything you love is gonna sound fantastic 

• Like 1

I am sexing a Durban Poison right now, has tested out in the 30s! HOly could you imagine that in a cob? I dont' think I want to go there on that trip ha ha

Yea I would like to try this, see if I could reset my brain :) I used to love doing Window pane lol I was kind of crazy teen

Oh my!!

yeah that would be a very strong intro to cobbing, it would be stellar don’t get me wrong. 

But yeah I’d start with a solid hybrid you like , and know the effects of . Then you have a baseline to compare the cob against. It’s great when you can’t really smoke, last summer when we went up north for vacation, I just ate cob everyday , I have kids , 2 daughters 16 and 10 and i couldn’t really get a time or place to smoke. But I didn’t miss out on my space odyssey at all, cobs kept me buzzed solid for a week . 

Yeah when I was a kid in the 80s I did a bunch of acid, had some really good times, a couple freaky but none altogether bad. That’s what this cob quest is all about for me, to incorporate some trippiness into everyday life without it being incapacitating or too weird

• Like 1

These weird ass sunset sherbet plants have some heavy trich coverage on the bottoms of the leaves...

wtf? 

Looks purple too, anyone else running this freaky fuckin plant? 

1CD0B692-E8BA-4DC6-92B0-A19BFC8E738F.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smokey Pockets said:

Yeah when I was a kid in the 80s I did a bunch of acid, had some really good times, a couple freaky but none altogether bad. That’s what this cob quest is all about for me, to incorporate some trippiness into everyday life without it being incapacitating or too weird

Yep exactly, I dont' want to trip out, hell I might freak now, not as crazy as when young lol. just a nice little trip :)

I love that I eat this, I stay permanently stoned lol but I never have to worry about where to find a light, if I have papers or a pipe, and where can I light up. I even make chewing gum ha ha ha one of my patients cracked me up, downtown walking, a cop ends up being beside her, she is Chewing her Gum like mad, Says High ha ha chewing her medicine the whole while. Oh Yea I love me some good medibles :)

• Like 3

Nice! 

Medicated gum sounds awesome! 

I’m sorry I’ve been slow to reply , my official title is stay home dad, and my wife has been gone the last few days, kids are on vacation and I’ve only been able to get online for a few minutes at a time. 

Another great thing about the cob, is you only use a tiny bit at a time. The usual serving size is about .5 a gram, which is like the size of a #2 pencil eraser. So yeah, lots of doses in a cob 

• Like 2

Ok here we go cob directions...

first of all , the only 2 things you need that most people might not have around the house are-

vacuum sealer

fresh maize or corn husks- gotta be fresh, if they are dry it won’t work. This lesson I learned 1st hand. If they are dry, during the cure phase , the husk draws too much moisture out of the cob and it won’t ferment right. 

The buds you use need to still be kinda wet, so you need to cob them before they are dry enough to smoke. In my environment, it’s about 2-3 days of hanging. 

• Like 3

I take the buds and dump them on a paper plate, and then grab them up and squish them all together. You want to really mash them together, so it’s like one piece, you want to shape it like a sausage. 

Then you take the weed sausage and lay it in the husk and roll that bitch like a big fat joint. 

Tie it off with twine( hemp for the real die hards) , you want to seal off both ends well. And then however you feel is appropriate for the rest of the twine 

now this one is not the right color, this is my first batch I did with dry maize husk. Yours should look like this , only green 

3998778B-7ECF-4075-A8DB-6E87C76E77E3.jpeg

• Like 2

Next you take your cob, put it in a regular ziplock baggie and sweat it for 48 hours or so. 

This needs a slight heat source, I use a spare heat mat, but anything will work, cable box, etc etc. you will see some moisture inside the bag , this is good. 

After the 48 hrs of sweating, you vac seal it and start the cure process. This takes a month, when it comes out of the vac seal bag, unwrap it from the husk, and the colors should be changed, it will smell sweet and funky too. 

It should be more browns and dark colors like the picture below, if it’s still mostly light green , it wasn’t enough moisture to get the full ferment. But it’s still a good buzz, my unsuccessful 1st cob still gave me a good idea of what was ahead

AE8588CB-4488-4A7F-84C6-497AA9867BCD.jpeg

• Like 4

Take a sample piece off and then it’s time to age it. Yep, another step, and this one takes the longest. For aging you can seal it up with the vac seal or just put it in a jar. No more husk, throw that away after you take it off. 3 months minimum, 6 months is the sweet spot, but you can leave them for years pretty much and I don’t think they degrade much if they are sealed . 

I think that is it, let me know if anyone has questions 

• Like 4

Just now, saxo said:

that AmHaze looks great ,Bro !!

Thanks buddy, 

i cant help but take pics like every couple days, it will be over soon though,  she comes down next weekend

• Like 1