Jump to content
  •     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Aztec Rain advice

Recommended Posts

Posted this on general talk with not much in response, so I decided to repost here and see if I can get an answer from those who have worked with this strain, first time I've ran it and just wanted to see what to expect. It's a beautiful cross, I love the structure and seems pretty aggressive. I will throw up some pictures shortly.

Hey Peoples! Those who have grown out Aztec Rain did it have a skunky smell in the plants and if so was in during veg only or did it hold thru cure?

Reason I ask, I just up potted some and the Pepe Le Pew hit me in the face and I was WTF shook em a little and got it again, so just curious of others experiences. Actually anything you call tell me about the strain that might be helpful please feel free.

Baq

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last grow was five Aztec Rain plants.  I got discouraged by leaf miners and reservoir mold early on.  So I pretty much butchered the plants and buds with too much LED light.  Anyway, I didn't get much odor from mine.  The buds have been jarred for a month and I just smell a generic hybrid sourness. 

These pics are five days from harvest, a total of 61 days 12/12hr.

 

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 10:44 AM, lumatekfan said:

Aztec Rain

gallery_3682_6141_2567503.jpg

gallery_3682_6141_1489233.jpg

This pheno of Aztec Rain was not perfectly grown and should cure a bit more. Nevertheless it is already effect wise a pleasure to grow!!! The effect ist quite sativa like, social and talkative. It is not the most up in my line up but fitting good social occasions. The high is motivating, yet gives warm nice body sensations. I'd recommend it for bars or post dinner smokes, giving a nice buzz without killing your energy.

I previously had another pheno which was more hybrid, also very satisfying yet more body. i think Aztec Rain has pleanty of nice phenos and I'll grow some more beans of it in the future. Highly recommended strain!!! It has very rare qualities like the high, taste and flowering time.

great Job Esko!!!

 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:27 AM, lumatekfan said:

Another, more hybrid, pheno of AR. Less activating yet stimulating your brain and giving it some spin. Aztec Rain is joy to hunt for phenos. Awsome rasberry taste.

gallery_3682_5421_2959854.jpggallery_3682_5421_1358997.jpg

Aztec Rain is an awsome hybrid which has some variation among the phenos but they are generally above average. I would say the range covers dense dark buds, skunky green crispy buds with pink sprinkles and some green phenos. I am no expert on skunk although it is in one of my eskos favorites chocolate cheese. The many fruity features give it some skunk funk though. Or do you really mean an old socks smell.?

Friends also loved Aztec Rain for flavor and effect. Some are from the uk and are not really keen on cheese as they had it for to long, but they love the AR. So maybe not that skunky cheese after all?

Keep us up to date please I alway enjoy seeing some AR

In that topic I wrote with Saxo about our ARs if you want to check it out.

Luma

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lumatekfan said:

 

Aztec Rain is an awsome hybrid which has some variation among the phenos but they are generally above average. I would say the range covers dense dark buds, skunky green crispy buds with pink sprinkles and some green phenos. I am no expert on skunk although it is in one of my eskos favorites chocolate cheese. The many fruity features give it some skunk funk though. Or do you really mean an old socks smell.?

Friends also loved Aztec Rain for flavor and effect. Some are from the uk and are not really keen on cheese as they had it for to long, but they love the AR. So maybe not that skunky cheese after all?

Keep us up to date please I alway enjoy seeing some AR

In that topic I wrote with Saxo about our ARs if you want to check it out.

Luma

Thank you so much Luma! Exactly what I was looking for! The skunk smell was very light, but more old school instead of cheese, I've seen enough to already to know I need to order more of these beans and hunt for phenos. Yes please keep an eye on this and feel free to offer your opinion anytime, we will get to see full expression outdoors.

Baq

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will follow the show for sure! Also excited to see her outdoor. She is a beauty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My keeper reeked and tastes like orange.

I love her, mine was ear ringing

Soar, peferct for daytime.

I don't get as in-depth as others so all I can say is 

She's killer, frosty and yields

Great.

She responds to training and super cropping well

You can do her with a light

Veg or go all the way.

I use T5 so I veg maybe

4 weeks. 

I plan on keeping mine pretty much forever unless some

Thing dumb happens.

Raspberry....I can't imagine

That pheno lol

Hope you like as much as I do.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toker said:

My keeper reeked and tastes like orange.

I love her, mine was ear ringing

Soar, peferct for daytime.

I don't get as in-depth as others so all I can say is 

She's killer, frosty and yields

Great.

She responds to training and super cropping well

You can do her with a light

Veg or go all the way.

I use T5 so I veg maybe

4 weeks. 

I plan on keeping mine pretty much forever unless some

Thing dumb happens.

Raspberry....I can't imagine

That pheno lol

Hope you like as much as I do.

 

 

I think I will, I had the Raspberry pheno of Chocolate rain that we kept for over 4 years, thought I had lost it after I got busted, but my grow buddy in another city that I had given a cut to kept saying it was Silverfields (which I had given him that also) so, when I was able to start growing again I went to get a cut and as soon as I saw it I knew it was my Ras cut of CR, which I grew outside last year, but didn't take a clone because he had it and of course after keeping it that long he lost it, soooo I'm really stoked to grow AR out and find a keeper, I'm heading in the land race direction anyway and will probably like the AR better than the CR from what I'm seeing so far, I won't hesitate to breed with AR either, because the way Esko does his fems it won't be a problem. Thanks for sharing, the details were fine, a lot of information in a few words, everything I was asking for, just wish I had cracked more than 3, it's to late now for outdoors, I am going to clone the tops in a couple days, still time for that.

Thanks again,

Baq

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I love this plant had it for almost a year, it;s really interesting and a pleasure. I've  narrowed down to 2 phenos out of 5, both similar in smell but different plant structure. Smell isn't too pungent in flower - slight rotten smell but not eye-watering, but if you rub it you get lots of wonderful aromas that are hard to describe, a slight floral soapy smell with a warm fruity,  ginger smell maybe, some people have said red wine which definitely of makes sense as well.  When vaped, balsamic woody smells like rosemary and sage and a slight incense smell, it's very pleasant and the high is wonderful, up but not racy. 

Definitely not particularly skunky but a definite funkyness when growing, didn't come across a raspberry pheno in my pack.  Lot's of resin which makes great hash, soft and gummy from dry sift.

Both plants are very vigorous and heavy yielders, a few days veg under 600 to establish roots and then 9-10 weeks flower, . One pheno grows impressive thick long cola's - including side branches - with long foxtails and less dense buds, very resinous. The other is also branchy but with tighter golf ball buds all over and compact fist sized clusters at the tips. May need staking or tying up. Cuttings strike easily, plant is all round very nice and easy but don't over feed, especially in veg/early flower,  the cola/foxtailed pheno especially can get funny crinkled/variegated leaves but it recovers fine and you wouldn't know by the time its well into flower.

Huge thanks to Esko - love the Jalisco crosses as well!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @jmoss

Baq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the topic, Baq. I haven't been able to start mine yet, but appreciate the info. I'm looking forward to it. Throw up some pics when you can.

peace

mrG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm this nostalgia makes me want to popp some more AR beans. Yet I still have a jungle in my veg/tent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, do it! ha.. I can see another grow then. I'll do mine soon unless I end up having to move again. Another "sure thing" falling apart in less than a year. Otherwise I was going to do something outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the 3 AR's I have going outdoors, still wished I had cracked all, just need to order more before it's to late! I am going to clone the center tops and since it's so big I will stick it in a pot of our home grown black gold mulch and root in the shade like I do my tomato's HAHAHA!

 

Aztec Rain outdoor spring 2018-1.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baq,

 

My pheno stunk heavily of skunk in veg and resembled Luma's more hybrid pheno, purple and fairly dense. Great structure and vigor. It was the most aromatic throughout the grow and ended up a real complex flavor/aroma like sangria with a subtle sweet skunkiness, really nice. 

 

I didn't have great luck with her outdoors, real late to start flowering but tolerated rain, cold and frost.

 

Best to you and your Aztec rains, I bet they have gotten large!

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice flowers!

Enjoy those beautifull flowers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, that's her, enjoy

What flavor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to pop mine. Why does this earth move so slow when you want to grow all of your seeds? I have a Boudica cross going so I hope to get a hint of what she's like.

peace

mrG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo hoo, I'm back and after reading this thread again I'm ready to pop at least one or two to grow outside. I was able to buy the house I was worried about getting booted out of so, let the growing begin. I already have some plants outside in pots and want to bring them in for flowering, but it's been too hot to even consider it.

So, now I want to start a couple of plants to veg outside and any of them that want to show early flowering, I may try to let them finish outside. I have a couple of indica leaning plants in the ground to flower naturally. They were already pretty good size when I dropped them in the ground. 

So, I'm ready to drop some seeds for the future. I was dying to get at this Aztec Rain. From what I've seen and read about Esko's gear I'm very excited. Chucky's Bride f3 is the only Esko strain I've grown and it was a pleasure. I'll try and get pics up somewhere when the time is right.

@baqualin, how are your's looking? I'm curious of what type of structure to expect outside. Can anyone give me an idea of how tall or wide she grows? Stretch? Shoud it be topped?

Hope everybody is having a great summer. 

peace

mrG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's awesome man, glad to hear it, Congrats

And now we see Goodfellow Forrest hehe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two future trees are already in. They were pretty good size already or at least one, and the other was ready to grow.

peace

mrG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man these cheap LEDs are like 

Cocaine...so I used to hear lol

Just got the rock pals 600

Amazon,UPS

Hopefully more stealth

It's the dimmable, built in timer

And able to adjust individual LEDs spectrum.

Shit for 99 bucks wtf

It's all 90 degree reflector lens

Plus I got a nifty adjustable 

Hanger and thermometer

Humidity etc..

Be here Sunday hehe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope, my 2 day delivery hit a snag

Makes me wonder cause every time I order a light a snag....

This time Amazon says it's working to get it on track

USPS says a delay due to natural disaster or weather

Fuck.....don't be pussys

It's summer in the south....

Wtf they expect, so it's a degree hotter than hell

It's fucking summer in the south

Tomorrow...fking. Hotter lol l

They  make  good  money

My poor white ass be out in it

All summer for way less.

Come on guys I ordered 2 day for a fucking reason, tomorrow

I won't be here to see if someone pinches my shit.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 11:57 AM, Mr Goodfellow said:

Woo hoo, I'm back and after reading this thread again I'm ready to pop at least one or two to grow outside. I was able to buy the house I was worried about getting booted out of so, let the growing begin. I already have some plants outside in pots and want to bring them in for flowering, but it's been too hot to even consider it.

So, now I want to start a couple of plants to veg outside and any of them that want to show early flowering, I may try to let them finish outside. I have a couple of indica leaning plants in the ground to flower naturally. They were already pretty good size when I dropped them in the ground. 

So, I'm ready to drop some seeds for the future. I was dying to get at this Aztec Rain. From what I've seen and read about Esko's gear I'm very excited. Chucky's Bride f3 is the only Esko strain I've grown and it was a pleasure. I'll try and get pics up somewhere when the time is right.

@baqualin, how are your's looking? I'm curious of what type of structure to expect outside. Can anyone give me an idea of how tall or wide she grows? Stretch? Shoud it be topped?

Hope everybody is having a great summer. 

peace

mrG

 

Sorry I've been missing for a few weeks, it's festival season and I've only been home for 2 days in the last 4 weeks, I'll get some updated pictures up in a couple of days. The Aztecs are looking great and one is going to be a monster, it's already over 5' feet tall and close to 4' in diameter, very impressive, all have the raspberry odor.

Baq

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×