•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

baqualin

Black Turk Berry Outdoors

Introducing BLACK TURK BERRY a new cross by Beach Bud of USC's BLACK AFGHANI with SAXO'S  TULA BERRY ( USC'S TURKISH LANDRACE X ESKO'S CHOCOLATE RAIN).

First I would like to thank Beach for giving me the opportunity to be the first to crack this cross, I really feel this is something special to play with, especially, if the flowering time is as short as I suspect, it will eventually hit a Highland Blue Thai cross I have, to pull the flower time down from 12 weeks and to shorten the mofo too (it can go 20 feet), so I can grow it indoors without filling up the whole house. Thanks also to Saxo for the first cross along with USC and Esko for the base strains! What can go wrong 2 kick ass Land Races mixed with one of my favorite strains to smoke.:icecream:

These just came out of a tight box and will look a lot better in a couple days.

IMG_0466.thumb.jpg.80ef17e8f0adc15c39df65f928d516a6.jpg

Broke the top tip (to short to clone) off this one watering in the little ass closet before boxing up, was going to top anyway, but wanted to clone it.

IMG_0470.thumb.jpg.fe9aaa6d505e75aafb700b7f8f7bcd32.jpg

IMG_0471.thumb.jpg.037a00346563e2236534f2ae0768810e.jpg

IMG_0472.thumb.jpg.102f701eccf8391bc7b4eb9cbdd6c99a.jpg

IMG_0473.thumb.jpg.3bf5a57c50d23a27d3a21f89e4f114e4.jpg

IMG_0483.thumb.jpg.1dd7b1e63a5615e5b310450bd4d72cca.jpg

In this area it went down to the mid 30's this morning and will do so again in the morning, only went to 38 in this location though, so it's home free, I'll have to bring my real camera when I get them in the ground and do a night shot under the mini LED string lights, they're working like a charm.

Baq

• Like 11

They look happy,baq !!  ...and B.T.B. fits good,i´d say 

• Like 2

I'm glad the rope lights are doing the trick. Them girls are looking very happy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, saxo said:

They look happy,baq !!  ...and B.T.B. fits good,i´d say 

Great and thanks! I wanted to try and incorporate breeders of the base strains in the name, Beach came up with the Black Turk and I suggested adding the Berry to cover Esko's part!

I wish now I had cracked all the seeds so I could have multi males for open pollination, maybe I will still get lucky, I want to see what F2's open up in this baby! 

Baq

• Like 2

This mix sounds delicious and full of wondrous possibilities! I've yet to grow an Esko strain but man, but man I really wish I could get my hands on some of those old strains of his that are so popular around here...

• Like 2

Grab you some Aztec Rain, a cross of his most famous  Chocolate Rain With a Highland Oxacan land race, best thing he left us with until hopefully someday he fires back up! It’s a fem you can breed away with, because of the way he feminized, like no one else, no chemicals and no extended flowering time to stress into producing male flowers, he shaves the roots in a particular way, very stable and breedable, in Black Truck Berry the   Chocolate Rain used was a Fem. Esko’s straight up and one of my favorite breeders.

Baq

• Like 1

Update: 4 females and 1 male Black Turk Berry, the male is the shortest and most dense, I’ll throw up a pic when I get home, he’s a little beast.

• Like 1

Ok, here's the male BTB, I'll save the pollen from him till I get another male then hit the females I decide on with a mix from both males. Also a cell phone shot of the led rope light's I'm using to extend the photoperiod, working great for $9.99 battery operated with built in timer.

Baq

outdoor spring 2018-52.jpg

outdoor spring 2018-54.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome Baq! I'm late to the show. I'm excited to watch this one. I'm growing Saxo's Sultana atm. I have 2 females and a male I saved(saving) pollen from. They look great. Sultana is TLR x Boudica so I'm like you... I'm excited to grow these out. Plus, I'll make some f2's to play with.

peace

mrG

Update on the Black Turk Berry by Beach, it's impressive!! Here's my favorite so far out of 5 females.

BTB 2018-8-2.jpg

• Like 4

Here they are together, I gave them a front row spot with an Ouzbekistan (far right) and a 79 Maui X RKS (2nd from right) the rest are Black Turk Berries.

Quzbek, CB_RKS, Blk Turk Berry 2018-12.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, saxo said:

pretty nice plants there,baq :tu

Thank You Sir and thanks for making the Tula Berry, I can't wait to see how they finish out!

Baq

• Like 1

Nice forest, bro. Gonna be fun to watch. I have two in the ground and it's always a wonder for me to see them grow big and strong. 

Best of vibes with yours and have fun!

peace

mrG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Nice forest, bro. Gonna be fun to watch. I have two in the ground and it's always a wonder for me to see them grow big and strong. 

Best of vibes with yours and have fun!

peace

mrG

Just had major thunderstorms come through on Friday with 70 mph gust and everything is still standing, YES! They will have to be netted though once the buds start forming, but everything passed the test, I was worried, there were trees down everywhere.

Baq

• Like 2

That's what happens here when we ever do get rain... Armageddon! Usually always preceded by massive hail stones. lots of crazy damaging winds at times. I been watching it rain all around me each of the last 5 days. Hit or miss. I hope my water bill is still under the limit. We're also on restrictions. Seems like I get 3400 gallons.. 

What are the nets for if I may ask? Critters eat the buds? 

peace

mrG

19 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

That's what happens here when we ever do get rain... Armageddon! Usually always preceded by massive hail stones. lots of crazy damaging winds at times. I been watching it rain all around me each of the last 5 days. Hit or miss. I hope my water bill is still under the limit. We're also on restrictions. Seems like I get 3400 gallons.. 

What are the nets for if I may ask? Critters eat the buds? 

peace

mrG

Yeah, we got hail too, but all is well! The netting is draped over the plants and tied to poles to support the buds, just like the netting you use indoors for sog and scrog, keeps the wind and rain from breaking the limbs heavy with buds. No shortage of rain here, I haven't had to water in around 4 weeks.

07-12-10-IMG_6481.jpg

10-21-10-IMG_7418.jpg

• Like 4

Ah, makes perfect sense. If it's good for Jorge, hey. I've seen that netting he's got there in a grow op here. They were using it for their scrog/sea of green. 

Damn, he must be pulling 5 pounds from those trees...lol.

peace

mrG

@baqualin 

Yeah man ! , you look happy with those nice 'n fat buds.
It looks almost like a pretty bunch of flowers from the florist,only tastier :yummy:

Pretty forest !

I wonder how big of an army it takes Jorge to trim those trees. I mean, damn, look at just those 3 in the pic! :blink:

peace

mrG

• Like 3