•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

the Urban Farm products

Hi folks

not really an organic gardener but i do look at various formulas from different companies to see if they would suit me were i to grow in a more organic method so far as my nutes are concerned.  

with that said texas tomato ferts have been mentioned on pot boards for as long as i have been online = 14 yrs. i have peeked at it but didn't pay much attention to it until today when i looked at their website.  imho they are worth a try. at approx/ $40 per 1 gal supposedly makes 256 gals of nutrient. i like to play devils advocate until i have actual hands on experience.  doing that even if you cut that in 1`/2 you get at least 125 gals of mix and that's damn good imho.  But the deal is if you buy 4 gals of whatever  u get all for for approx. $100 @ $25 per gal.  imho that is a good deal.  

so check them out and see if you find something you like and if you get it please report back here to share your results and feedback on their products. 

https://www.theurbanfarm.com/index.html

this has been a stoner service announcement :verrygood

Yep, brought that here a few years back, a few folks are using it and swear by it. :) That and the octopots. I've been using this for years, I use mykos, some Orcos in res when I use it, and fish emulsion, all that is needed! Very inexpensive, easy to use. love it

@Sacred Plant Warrioryou like the KISS method, so here you go, this is what I've gone to and you can use it forever. The true organic growers in Cali started developing this over 30 years ago and have adjusted it as they learned to this mix, Mountain Organics uses this mix for reference. You can't get any cheaper than this. Notice there's no Bat shit, blood or bone meal involved, it was in the initial formula, but they found out it created more problems than helped. Beach Bud's mix is similar.

Here is the base mix:

1 part sphagnum peat moss,no additives.This can be as cheap as 15 dollars a bail at home depot. The preferred brands have no additives,like Alaskan peat.

1 part pumice and/or perlite. Pumice is preferred due to perlite aggregate separation

1 part earthworm castings and/or high quality compost 

okay food and minerals...

1 cup per cubic foot of soil base mix volume on each amendment

1 cup fish meal
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup pacific pearl oyster shell calcium
1 cup basalt rock dust
...any other additional amendments go in at this ratio,but you will need to know what they are as additional food sources will need to be accounted for.

The bio-char will act more a aeration amendment,but indeed still function with the negative ion exchange capability we put it in there for in the first place. 

So when mixing base mix add char in the pumice/perlite as if it is part the aggregate portion mix. Mix on a large flat surface or a large trap that can be roll-mixed with two people. That's it,no need for ph meters or added bottled nutrients. Just topdress or make botanical teas,etc. It's the soil food web,it needs food too,so feed with the idea that you are feeding microbes,not just plants.
Congratulations,you've just built your own soil food web negative ionic exchange battery.

By, "GAS"

I only supplement this with tea and the only additions are, Aloe, black leaf mold (used by earthworm farmers) and live earthworms.  If you don't want to fool with making your own Bio Char you can use hardwood charcoal.

Your paying for a lot of water when you buy bottled liquid nutes.

Something for you to think about.

Best,

Baq

• Like 1

@baqualin . i feel bad i didn't mention the whole reason i make decisions are because i don't have the physicality to do all the manual work.

i looked at all that stuff and my limbs said "i dare you're crazy ass try to mix that stuff up" lol and that's just the base mix. i do recall way back when when i made up my own handy dandy soil mix and it worked very well, but i used chem nutes MG 15-30-15  yet, the taste of what i got from various plants was always above average with genetics playing a major role too no doubt. 

just a one man operation inside; cause every time i have tried to get help i get static and unreliable timing. so back to solo the way i like ; except for a digger that i have located and said he would be down to dig if i find outdoor location. plan is to take the digger in blind folded to avoid temptation lol. yeah, i trust him as a former student but i don't want to turn hi into a dumb ass which he is not. he just graduated for his acupuncture license recently.

nor a vehicle to buy various things not found in the same place.  so i look for the cheapest price for a quality product i can find with ease of use.

just like my place is very small even though it's a house; it's more like an apt in house form. so for me K.I.S.S. means buy it and forget it.

as think you know i have alaska already, but have decided to go with the vermiBloom. and will stick with it as long as it works as intended.

i don't have issues with critters cause i'm inside. when i go outside which has only been twice with 1 harvest only. i use chemical ferts and only stay in the area for a couple minutes to water/feed then i'm gone like a ghost. 

• Like 1

Shit I'm stoned and forgot to say thank you very much for your post. GDP :) it's nap time imho but have to finish grocery order. 

really changing how i do that too more and more. :) xie xie

Texas Tomato Fertilizer is all you need.  Promix, perolite  and watch your plants grow. No real need to run it full strength...just what the plant ask for. Super simple :) 

• Like 1

Jetdro put up a grow using the Ocotopots and Texas Tomato Food.  He was geeked, lol, it was a really good grow report. I'd never seen someone do it on the Ocotopots before, worth taking a look see.

I PEEKED AT THE OCTOPOTS AND DID SOME ONLINE RECON concerning them. DIDN'T KNOW HE USED TEXAS... but i do know folks have had excellent results with it across the board with Texas for many many years.  I am already a fan after paying attention in more detail. 

my first test close to Texas style will be the Vermi Bloom for flowering https://www.vermicrop.com/vermibloom/

texas will likely get the nod when i'm out of alaska grow but only if i feel i'm not getting good results with it. i have to weigh cost, convenience and obviously results. my triple barometer for success