•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

Apparently the Borg are here

So, today finally looked at pictures that look like my leaves. since i don't see any evidence of thrips i have to assume it's the borg.

so far the old Gordon's bug spray kept them in check enough for me not to see them or their webs.I attacked not sure and then they retreated and apparently regrouped too. smdh

so i went on the offensive not long ago and used up the last mix of Gordon's. then went to the sample of SM* 217 . THAT STUFF SMELLS LIKE IT SHOULD KILL SOMETHING LOL. i closed he bathroom door and my bedroom door too damn. so I will find my gordon's and add another option cause the sample bottle OF SM *217 is really small and the spray comes out like an atomizer. will make me reach for the mask next go around. 

so the last two smalls ones are waiting for their treatment 2 master kush. the blue dream i re-potted 2 days ago and gave a root nutes too to help is going to get the shaft tonight.  the borg is enough to deal with without playing nursemaid to such a plant.

mst. k no. 1 leaf damage.JPG

• Sad 1

If you flip the leaf over and use your loop or magnifying glass, you will know what it is. 

I guess I'm blessed, as between DE, sticky traps or Tree Gum and colored (yellow/blue) plastic sheet cut in strips, so you can make a nice circle around the plant base, and capture the ones crawling up from the medium.

And my final bug fighting tool, is the use of teas, that are packed with beneficial bacteria, as they colonize your medium, they start feeding of the bad bacteria, popping out food also. Once the undesirables are beat down, and root system gets healthier, the less I see buggy work on my girls.

We as indoor gardeners will have bugs. PERIOD! It's just a fact of life. The less healthy your medium is the more bugs are called to fed on them. IMHO!

Just remember, you will be smoking them, do you really want sketchy chemicals, on them, and in the plant tissue, in the medium?

I know I do not and do not use them at all for over 5-6 years now, once I started to get all crazed and shit over beneficial organisms and how they are the best tool for indoor gardeners...or for the outdoor cowboys also.

Wishing the best for you man.

yep, it is borg, like we told ya at the other place, bro ;)

try some chrysanthemum-spray or chem them fast or it can develop

into a neverending story. blue traps also help against the adult mites.

hope you get rid of them and you can start your projects soon.

best vibes over to the sacred camp :)

• Like 1

I had this happen in flower, I used that habanero solution and saved the harvest. Sprayed every two days, never saw a web. Can't remember who now, they use garlic solution with success.

Sorry this is happening, such a headache.

2 hours ago, webeblzr said:

If you flip the leaf over and use your loop or magnifying glass, you will know what it is. 

I guess I'm blessed, as between DE, sticky traps or Tree Gum and colored (yellow/blue) plastic sheet cut in strips, so you can make a nice circle around the plant base, and capture the ones crawling up from the medium.

That is pretty cool advice, I was thinking about that the other day, with tapes up stalks and trying to figure out how to cover base. Very good idea.

The garlic soaking in a sealed water container for a few days, then poured through a strainer, stinks horrible, but it does work. 

WELL, i've  been checking the pros and cons of most mite stuff be it chemical based or so called organics using mainly one or more types of essential oils with various emulsifiers, neem types, etc. etc.  i learned u should turn off the lights before applying so the mites can migrate to the topside of the leaves. i tried it and will do that from now on. i cleaned some slip-on's so i walk around only in them inside the room.

right now i'm using gordons and after that they get alcohol 91% mix with water mix 50/50. I will be adding a few drops of essential oil = peppermint and citronella along with a little dish soap to help it stay on next spray with alcohol.

sample of SNS 217 is on the way = https://sierranaturalscience.com/product/free-pesticide-sample-kit-just-pay-sh/  this one made more sense to me than the alternative broad mite kit with the spray bottle.

i plan to get some sulfur i can use and spray on. the wettable is cheaper and %90 sulfur.  i also saw a liquid sulfur @26% with 12% nitrogen too. supposedly this helps with broad mites/russet mites too 

this really shows what's in most of the insecticides/mite killers. exceptions would be the companies who have lied and not gotten caught yet. i ran across this list from Oregon... Guide List for Pesticides and Cannabis : http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/shared/Documents/Publications/PesticidesPARC/GuidelistPesticideCannabis.pdf

https://www.domyown.com/hiyield-dusting-wettable-sulfur-p-1567.html

https://www.natureslawn.com/product/liquid-sulfur/

@santero i had not gone back to check yet. thx. this made things less confusing by a tiny bit.                                     https://insectcop.net/permethrin-insecticides-vs-pyrethrum-sprays-whats-the-difference/  according to this i should use pyrethrum spray which is less toxic to me and animals especially cats. i am real careful not to allow my cat access to that room anymore. 

who would ever think that spider mites would be a better insect to have because they are easier to kill than broad mites. smdh i have some left over neem i'll pull out from the basement in the mean time tomorrow.

worse case scenario i'll kill them all if i can't beat them to death soon. time is my enemy and popping beans at least allows for a fresh start. and time to do more cleaning too. 

• Like 1

So, 2 bottles of 915 alcohol, 1 bottle of Organicide 3 in 1 concentrate on shopping list,

gordons bug no more & sns 217 on site,  big pump sprayer ready to knock off what's on the leaves as much as possible. will be used sunday eve after i spray today with my alcohol and essential oil mix of peppermint and citronella i'll be adding ice to the water btw.  will add and spray the rest of the old neem just because i have it and add some dish liguid to it and peanut oil too. 

sample from sns came in pouches only enough to make 10 oz of 217. i will save the soil systemic drench 209 for new plants as it makes like 9 GAL's of mix. will also save the fungus gnat sample makes 1 gal. They give you a 25% off coupon on your next order from them btw. so if u use this stuff order the sample pesticide to save some coin. 

been keeping fan on for lower temps and wind. i spray plants so the spray that misses hits the floor or walls to discourage any living mites etc. in the area. I have decided not to use no pest strip because i already have cancer and no need to risk inhaling that shit. even though as u will see the closet they stay in is a very small area. i also don't trust having to wash it off etc.  I ALSO CHOSE NOT TO USE SULFUR BECAUSE OF HEALTH REASONS AND A 24 hr stay away and certain sprays are not good to use with it. washing it off for something else etc.

i can see what i think are eggs, i don't see anything crawling and no webs either.  i just sprayed the alcohol, peppermint and citronella. most of the 7 plants need watering and i will feed them as well. i wanted to try to get them on a more consistent feeding schedule to make it easier on me.  lots of leaf drop and leaves i pulled that were about to drop soon. i sprayed them and trashed them. 

after pouring over too many pages and sites to count/recall i have noticed the most frustrating thing is the pros and cons of what works. why it works and the big thing is the back and forth of so many that say many of the big hitters don't work at all.  like the site that spoke about the azamax vs. azatrol scam thread and it made a lot of sense too. only consistent thing was multiple sprays/deterrents of different types on a continuous basis for up to a month.  I can't throw big money at this and those who have have done from well to wasting their coin. and all of them are so varied it was a headache to look over so much stuff that was similar but also had 1 or more unique issues for that person .                          

nest step is to start doing equipment checks to make sure shit works = lights, find ppm/ec truncheon for coco & check water ph even though all the ladies seem to like the water just fine. in the potting mixes used. speaking of which as i thought about those mixes with such a slight nute charge really tells me that the who idea of the pants being able to suck up nutes is not a critical barometer at all. I've never grown using that as a reason to up my nutes and never had issues in before. that nute charge lasts 3/4 mths easily and i'm very pleased with not having to do nothing but water them.

trying to get pictures to upload and they don't want to. various issues on that account and i have dealt with it before. then boom it does it and boom it just did it lol. i would like to know what allows it to do it or not do it and that is the missing link. best info i saw said yada yada but i made no changes and it just worked. frustrating. 

i tried to take several leaf shots of the same plant. exasperated by a dude photo to let me know it's a different plant's leaves. I'll include photos of what shit looks like so yall can see what's shakin in that small space so to speak.

june 6 mite inspection 2018-8.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-0.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-1 036.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-2 (2).JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-2.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-3.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-4.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-5.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-6.JPG

june 6 mite inspection 2018-7.JPG

3 x 9 watt led's are all they really got aside from ambient window light min and a cfl when waiting to go back in the room . really impressed with the leaf and plant quality in veg from such low wattages. 

june 9 2018 035.JPG

june 9 2018 029.JPG

june 9 2018 030.JPG

june 9 2018 031.JPG

june 9 2018 032.JPG

june 9 2018 033.JPG

june 9 2018 034.JPG

• Like 1

next wave of leaves from the others not to include the 2 small master kush. the master kush mom doesn't like these pest while the green crack seems more resistant strain wise than the ak47. 

4 minutes ago, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

3 x 9 watt led's are all they really got aside from ambient window light min and a cfl when waiting to go back in the room . really impressed with the leaf and plant quality in veg from such low wattages. 

june 9 2018 035.JPG

june 9 2018 029.JPG

june 9 2018 030.JPG

june 9 2018 031.JPG

june 9 2018 032.JPG

june 9 2018 033.JPG

I am losing the war.  2 green crack are left and 1 small master kush. all else was cut and trashed. big ones looked like shit. smdh 

i'm thinking to keep them just to go outside with a toss and walk away type deal. not going to spend any more money on them.

clean up of basement to start soon. fuck asking for help i'll do it myself.  and beans will be popped. too much stress and doing all that shit for nothing. 

june 20 misc online pics 015.JPG

june 20 misc online pics 016.JPG

june 20 misc online pics 017.JPG

• Sad 2

That is sad, man I hate these issues we face, all the hard work. Gotta clean it out and do it again. sorry this happened.

• Like 1

Damn, that has got to be discouraging. Hang in there. Bug bomb the room. Then clean it with bleach and start again. I'm sure you will get it figured out and the next run will be right.

yeah shit happens, but i don't like to quit. i was thinking to just go 12/12 now with the 250 mh in the basement. the last small master kush will be axed today. leaving 2 green crack that look decent for some reason which doesn't make any sense at all too me.  they were subjected to the same sprays and pests as all the rest. 

This made me think that i will pop beans and do a short veg of 2 weeks to 1 month max and then go 12/12 best on height and strain stretch. not sure quite yet. thx. folks

Have you thought about making cuttings from diseased plants? Maybe it's better than starting from seeds.

Greetings SiCKNeSs.

2 hours ago, SiCKNeSs said:

Have you thought about making cuttings from diseased plants? Maybe it's better than starting from seeds.

Greetings SiCKNeSs.

the issue seemed to be broad mites so i wouldn't dare to take cuts. just thinking about doing 12/12 is a stretch of faith for me actually.

besides seeds don't have bugs and i been itching to pop beans for almost a decade lol.  these mites make plants look like they have a nutrient deficiency or sickness but the leaf damage tells the story of mites especially when they are not spider mites making webs. 

Ok, I understood you! You aren't sure that the plants are 100% bugs clean. If you decide to take them to bloom, put them in another room apart.

Greetings SiCKNeSs.

Damn, SPW, Damn!! 

I just popped in to see your ladies, only to read they are bugging out on you. That truly sucks man. 

No one, indoor gardens without them, no one! I find, persistent, and constant meddling with all the various naturals, to just keep level, with bugging issues.

Damn sorry to read of your issues, oh well, I rebooted so DAMNED many times over the years man. Practice makes it better and easier too.

Best to Ya!

There is nothing wrong with a short veg, or even 12/12 from seed with the right strain. I did an 80 day veg with Sannies Jack, Kinky Blaze and silverfields. But did a 10-14 day with SiFi Blaze, GM, TPR, Killing Fields, Airborne Jack and Lemon Bubba. They all did great, except I think the LB needed a little longer for more yield. Anyhow,  do a seed run, I think you will enjoy it

last two already in trash with the medium included too. so it's over. now will decide what to pop. i have various reasons to pop stuff but i have to focus on bud production over making seeds. only seeds that matter to me are the loads of preservation and re-pros i want/need to do. 

i've got my genetics list close by for serious scrutiny. thx. for all the support and advice folks. i lost that battle but I'm not whipped yet.