•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Aya

Hi everyone

Hello.

growing since 90's. im living in France, unfortunatly one of the most repressive country about marijuana in EU. Here its forbidden to present the cannabis under a positive light.

i started my hobby with 3 mystery seeds from the bag probably from NL. At this time, no growshop, no internet, only this sun dried and densely packed african landrace full of seeds.

I could Self those 3 seeds by accident and grow during 3/4 years the best buds in the university, that what gave me the motivation to keep going a few years.

around 2010 i  lost my seed collection box due to an accident (some original lao , thai, afghan i could get from travellers and myself, and thousands other rare seeds like more than 30 peyotl strains lost)

That really affected my will to continue and i had a 10 years break with growing.

I own a small "hobby farm" with veggies, fruit trees and a few rare strain cows, 45N

k3x1mlA.jpg

Every year i output a few cubic meters of black wormy compost from hay/cowshit/fresh green matter, wich if a lot too much for my vegs.

I spent the last month setting up a clean indoor growroom , and rooting random clones from friends. Not the best choice, but may be enough for a test run. I will post a few pics, but i dont think there won't be much to say about those (OAseeds). I ordered some Sannie for selecting an indoor mother.

I would like to grow outdoor, but altough i have a big land, i dont have so much available quiet spots ( neighboors, hunters, hungry cows are the most dangerous predators..)

I will probably try the HybridFromHell collection outdoor next year. I want to play with Guerilla Gold genetic :)

Best regards

• Like 6

Welcome to OG. 

12 hours ago, saxo said:

bon soir ,aya welcome aboard

rare cows?? what "strain" you got,if i may ask?

Bonjour

That's some "Bretonne Pie Noir" (race_code029)

Was a very popular "landrace" cow before 1960 in west of France with about one million cows

in 1970, most farmer switched to the well knowed PrimHolstein with her 30liters of milk/day

In 1990 there was only 1000 BPN and only 12 bulls left

Now growing again because this cow (10 liters/day)has the best cream% and butter% wich is ideal for making top cheese (im not talking about cheddar :wacko:)

Adpated to full outdoor and more resistant than modern cows, they also eat very little.

A 2/3 year cow can be transformed into 400Kg of streaky meat with marbled fat. Fortunatly i never tried as i only got female babies until now. Probably the hardest task for a hobbyist farmer who love his cows, but great lesson to teach the value of a steak.

• Like 4

Hi Aya, welcome aboard! Cool looking cows! Are they naturally a smaller breed? Or is that a calf? It's head almost looks more grown up. Thanks for the pics. happy growing!

peace

mrG

Yes its a small breed, about half size of todays cow.

This calf father died long time ago. Its from frozen semen. I follow a breeding map from a farmers group for keeping this strains as diverse as possible.

Mines have real dog mind, always following me, asking for apples/leafs/herbs  I discovered recently they LOVE beer. Now they run when they hear glass clattering

3mkxqLu.jpg

They are IBL, but i have the "Princess" and the "Tough girl" phenotypes. Still wondering for the calf.

• Like 4

I've been thinking about "growing" 1 or 2 for meat. Too bad you can't send seeds, lol. Nice looking animals you have there.