•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sacred Plant Warrior

Pua Mana Hawaiian genetics Too LEGIT maybe not

I ran across this thread @rollitup yesterday after checking a different site https://www.bigislandgenetics.org/  that sold Hawaiian genetics. 

@webeblzr     So, those who deal with this dude @Pua Mana or the other site might want to read this thread in depth so can make a more informed decision prior to spending your coin. i only got to page 7 so far 

I was interested in those genetics but because he had no track record i could find and his prices were too expensive for me i just dismissed them. 

https://www.rollitup.org/t/kona-gold-the-blood-rare-hawaiian-strain.934793/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw that also and I'm staying away from them, but will keep an eye out to see where they end up, too many red flags, for now I'll stick with Sannie's, James Bean and Swami, These 3 have all the genetics and breeders gear I want to work with, including Hawaiian, plus great customer service.

Baq

• Like 4

Thanks for posting that SPW, now I remember why I do not use other folks endorsements to make up my mind. 

If you stopped at page 7, do yourself a favor and do not read anymore, as every person posting looks and sounds stupid, all the back forth bickering and threats and shit.

That speaks volumes to me that they (RIU) allowed that to go on for about 15 pages to long. I came away disliking Paumano and RIU equally. 

Kikeys it was like the falling days of OverGrow, all the sock puppets, and hackers, running the place, open warfare spilling out of the Shark Tank into  the grow threads!!

I'm more thrilled than ever to have and tried out the beans out for myself over being told what I should or should not purchase from others opinions. 

• Like 2

@webeblzr I feel u dude. but someone did say he found some nice sativa stuff just wasn't keeper for him. yet, supposedly hit them with pollen anyway. 1 take is if it's not keeper why bother and 2nd take is something i believe in myself. see how it combines and maybe run across something special. 

I did just that with my weird AK47 pheno ? female mom. she was tough, cloned easily and flowered pretty quick. stone was mellow and not akin to AK47 stereotypical power at all.  Yet, when hit with pollen she produced the Jugger-Knot plants that had hybrid vigor i have never seen before in person or from online grows. 

Yes, RIU has quite a few ass hats and i found that out early on. I rarely post there and mainly use the site for reference when searching for strain/seed bank info. i regretfully read past page 7 lol.  as crazy as it sounds i still search for genetics i want to play with = insane based on my situation to be honest but my "cultivar hunting OCD" is a beast even though i dismiss so very many.  quite often by searching i'll get a bright idea for a strain combo i think will work even though the strain that gave me the idea is often not genetics i have or often even want. ijs

• Like 3

[ i regretfully read past page 7 lol.  ]

Dude I laughed so hard, I got to Thank you for it!!

I posted up a few more snaps today, so I can start to see something decent in their genes. The small Mowie Wowie, very obvious a skunk decedent. And the 2 Alenuihaha mosdef are satty dominated....But I can not say, I see the Hawaiian in them. AND, I'm not going to stay with the 11/13 timer change, when I reload the tent.

When you think about these girls, they have had  NO bloom Boosters , no real NPK care at all. These buds are as close to outdoor organics as I know how to do, inside a basement. PH, I have never even thought about it, one way or the other. So talk about super cheap buddage, YeeHaw baby!! I'll ride that donkey. I probably cut my plant food cost by 75% - 80%.

I do spend more on my medium (ProMix coco/peat, bale at a time, Coco coir husks,perlite, pumice or lava rock, bio char I make for free, } as I like to have a sterile starting point before I create my medium....and I've been keeping really close notes, concerning the amount of each additive to the size of pot it is in, for food needs.

Then the Dinosaur Vomit, feeds the Kobashi, and helps break down all my Down To Earth additives I bought, and helps them to be more quickly ready to feed roots. 

What a whacky ballet.

• Like 1

This guy is a known scammer on other forums. He actually tried to pull this crap on another forum I frequent last week and was banned within a few days. We were almost fooled too. He was actually originally a sponsor, but when the longtime growers (some actually from Hawaii) chimed in their opinion then things got sour quick. He resorted to personal attacks and was banned quickly after. It's a shame there are sharks like this in this industry but in my experience when something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Especially when it comes attached with a fairy tale.

Please OG friends, do not give this fraud your hard earned cash.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Freakers, years ago I tried out a few forums, didn't take me long to leave, I hate the BS that goes on, happened here a few times here as well. I feel safe here and tell em off ha ha I don't feel safe other places, so I just don't belong to them. Life is too short for assholes.

• Like 4

'You fakas!  Lucky the uncles not beat your ass wid da cane!  Real Island fire here!  You no know what you no know!  You jealous of the bruddahs!"  Yeah, that guy is mental but has given me plenty of laughs too.

On his genetics I can not say.  He claims Hawaii had pot since I think 1800's or even earlier.  I have no one but him saying that.  That is a red flag.  Whatever he is on is wacky though.  Too pricey with his questionable tactics and claims, for me anyways.

On 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2018 at 4:32 AM, yesum said:

'You fakas!  Lucky the uncles not beat your ass wid da cane!  Real Island fire here!  You no know what you no know!  You jealous of the bruddahs!"  Yeah, that guy is mental but has given me plenty of laughs too.

On his genetics I can not say.  He claims Hawaii had pot since I think 1800's or even earlier.  I have no one but him saying that.  That is a red flag.  Whatever he is on is wacky though.  Too pricey with his questionable tactics and claims, for me anyways.

On 

The original Maui Wowie is a cross of Oxacan and Afghan brought there by the BOEL in the late 60's and early 70's, no question about this and the only true version left is Mr. Greenjeans Cherry Bomb that has been IBL'd, it's the original 79 Maui Wowie. Just like Jamaica, Hawaii has been flooded with modern fast blooming strains and OG crosses, I would imagine that any strain would grow like a mofro in that environment. Only breeders I really trust at this point in time are all the ones from Sannie's shop, you all, Dynasty Genetics, Swami Organic Seeds and Bodhi strains.

Baq

• Like 1

SWEET!! Found another seed bank to give a try!! Thanks Baq. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webeblzr said:

SWEET!! Found another seed bank to give a try!! Thanks Baq. 

If your referring to Swami's, he's the real deal and it's easy to check out, there's a thread on rollitup. Also the list on his website is not up todate, he sends an availability list out on request and his seeds are in 15 packs with 16 or 17 in them most of time, plus his freebies are from the list and also in 15 packs, that way you get to try anything on the list for free. With that said most of his strains are heirlooms from the original breedings and need to be worked some to find what you want, this is fine with me because I'm a pheno hunter. He has a FB page also where you can interact. Oh, he's not a Swami and not the Swami guy that runs around in a white robe, that's Swami select, his nick name is Gas and was partners with Clackamas Coots for a long time, Coots is an original member of the BOEL.

Here's the latest list:

University Washington x Cascadian Frost 100

(Mazar x The Black/NL5Haze) x Queen Most Purple 100

(Mazar/Paki Chitral x The Black/NL5haze) x QMP 100

(Mazar/Guerrero x The Black/NL5haze) x QMP 100

QMP is a 30 year Colombian bagseed IBL climatized to 49 north since 1979 in NE Wa.

Velvet Rush $200

Tribal African x Punto Rojo $100

The One x Punto Rojo $100

Mazar-I-Shariff x Punto Rojo $100

(Blue Orca x The Black/NL5haze) x Punto Rojo aka 'crowbar' $100

Blue Orca x Punto Rojo $100

Purple Zebra x Punto Rojo $100

Blue Orca x 85 Humboldt Roadkill Skunk/Uruapan $100

The One x 85 Humboldt RKS/Uruapan $100

Cherry Bomb 79 Muai x 85RKS/Uruapan 100

Purple Zebra x 85RKS/ Uruapan $100

Purple Zebra x Punto Rojo $100

Mazar/Guerrero x 85RKS/Uruapan $100

More....

Blue Orca Haze 100

Blue Orca Haze x (Vietnam Black x The One/Panama) 100

Blue Orca Haze #R x (Neville's Haze/Malawi x a5haze/Thai) 100

Blue Orca Haze #J x (Neville's Haze/Malawi x a5haze/Thai) 100

Blue Orca Haze #H x (Neville's Haze/Malawi x a5haze/Thai) 100

Blue Orca x (Vietnam Black x The One/Panama) 100

Mr. GreenGenes Cherry Bomb 1979 Maui Wowie IBL 80

(Kali Mist x Burmese/Cherry Bomb) x Mazar-I-Shariff/Guerrero aka 'V Shiva' 80

Mazar-I-Shariff x Punto Rojo 100

Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero 80

Mazar-I-Shariff/Guerrero x Nl5haze F2 $100

NL#5 x Haze F5 100

The One x (The Black x 91 NL#5/ Haze) aka 'Yogi' 100

The One x Punto Rojo 100

Velvet Rush X NL#5/Neville's Haze 100

Vietnam Black x The One/Panama 100

Zazen x (Velvet Rush x NL#5/Haze) aka 'Guru' 100

Each seed pack contains 15 seeds per pack plus an additional pack of hand picked freebies from Swami Organic Seed.

• Like 1

Here's a pic of Swami's Blue Orca Haze taken yesterday, fence post with the white top is 4' not bad for the middle of July, it will be a beast. I'm really stoked about this one.

BOH2018-14.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here's the Cherry Bomb 79 Maui Wowie X 85 RKS/Urapan 2nd plant from the right, it's over 5' now. From right to left is Ouzbekistan, CB79 Maui Wowie X 85 RKS/Urapan, and the rest are Beach's Black Turk Berry. Taken yesterday also.

Quzbek, CB_RKS, Blk Turk Berry 2018-12.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Pretty plants but that Orca is something special now.

Yes it is. Blue Orca (1976  BOEL Tai Stick / BOEL pre soviet 71 Kandahar Afghani) X (NL#5 /Nevilles Haze)

• Like 4

I dunno...old weed was....ok

I bought bags of Columbian gold, I mean it was gold, ounce for 30 bucks

Compared to today's weed I would classify it as above grade commercial skank weed.

Red bud was better, more hashy , deep expansion and

Rich taste.

Other than volcanic soil, I say that cause I dig Khona

Coffee I can't see how old school can possibly compare.

I admit I never smoked Maui

But I did smoke a cross I grew

And I'm the Dutch indica half

Was what made it special.

To each their own, not sure how spot on Nirvanas maui

Seeds are but maybe someone does

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 5:31 AM, Toker said:

I dunno...old weed was....ok

I bought bags of Columbian gold, I mean it was gold, ounce for 30 bucks

Compared to today's weed I would classify it as above grade commercial skank weed.

Red bud was better, more hashy , deep expansion and

Rich taste.

Other than volcanic soil, I say that cause I dig Khona

Coffee I can't see how old school can possibly compare.

I admit I never smoked Maui

But I did smoke a cross I grew

And I'm the Dutch indica half

Was what made it special.

To each their own, not sure how spot on Nirvanas maui

Seeds are but maybe someone does

Ironically people keep saying that the old weed can't compare with the modern strains, but all the modern strains are totally made from the old weed, just look at the genetic line of any strain in existence. A couple of examples of old kickass weed....Durban Poison which consistently test in the 20% Thc range and Black Afghani from USC a pre Soviet (71) Kandahar Afghani, I don't think you would have a problem working either one of these and there's a lot more out there. I've been smoking since 1970 and the only true one hit weed I ever smoked was a joint of Columbian Black that I shared with friends for 3 days, you coughed for 30 min. after a hit but you where buttered for 3 hrs. and the only weed I truly tripped on was from an Oaxacan strain that was coming in around 72 / 73, not like acid, but major disorientations (things moved) and time dilation....driving down the road looked like you where driving in a stretched tunnel, never forget that one, I also experience this with the Thai weed. I can name many more through the 70's, 80's and early 90"s. To me a lot of the modern strains just knock you the fuck out and have lost the euphoric high of the older strains due to the breeding practices of going for high Thc and losing or lowering the ratio's of terepines and other Cannabinoids in the strains.

Now Maui Wowie, it's not the Holy Grail, but it's some dam good smoking pot (daytime weed) and has a true cherry flavor. The only true cut that I'm aware of is Mr. Green Genes Cherry Bomb (not Cherry Bomb Kush ) that was IBL'd ( open pollinated  ) since the beginning, selecting for the cherry flavor and breeding out the intersex issues that was common in the strain, it's also very pretty with it's pink pistols that are expressed in most phenos, ladies love it! Here's a pic of the real 79 Maui Wowie. this is not my picture. I'm growing the CB X 85 RKS / Uruapan ( Michoacán ) which should be a step up from the straight CB.

cherrybomb.jpg

• Like 3

Bro I can tell you this much

Old weed stank like dirt lol

Except for red bud

It did not look, smell or taste

Like what you show

Your pic is a thousand times more beautiful that anything 

I remember, can I  move in hehe.

All I can say man .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Baq, Thank you for your time to put that extensive list together.

Hey Toker [Old weed stank like dirt lol] 99% of what I partook of also smelled like dirt, as they would ( maybe an  old wives tale) simply pile up the cut plants in the field, and let them dry out like that. I have no idea when people started to look at the tobacco industry, and how growers created a curing process, and then built barn like structures to dry the leaf properly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tobacco+barn+for+drying+leaf+pictures&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS617US617&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwicuZDf2rLcAhUFqlkKHTWKBPcQsAQIKw&biw=1255&bih=850

IMHO, once weed growers started to cure and properly store their buds, then all the deliciousness of cannabis was fully expressed, instead of crude field handling.

Of course, better breeding practices, moved the plants forward faster, and cleaned them up to.

Yeah, myself, I think todays weed is miles better than yesteryears was.

• Like 2

Hey Webe and Toker,

I guess I was very lucky to grow up where I did, my home state was one of the biggest producers of weed in the early days along with Cali and the PNW, the hill hippy's (cornbread mafia ) were tied up with the PNW growers (BOEL) and brought back seed that flourished in this environment which is similar to the PNW, most of the harvest went to Detroit and New York where they got big bucks for it.

Yes Webe, the Harvest practices sucked (piled up and moldy), but that was because organized crime ran out the connoisseur growers in Columbia and Mexico then pushed quantity over quality, brick weed. The first Columbian was smuggled in on the surf boards up the coast of So. Cali and was unseeded flowers that were sweet, the cartels stopped it and pushed them out. Same thing happened with the Mexican weed, $125 a pound and was dirt, I didn't mess with it, we had connections to the unseeded buds of Acapulco Gold, Oaxacan and Micoacan until the Paraquat spray's. By then there was enough being grown here that the brick weed was frowned on in most circles, in the early 80"s we were growing Burmese strains, Skunk #1, RKS and Thai /Afghani crosses. Here's a shot of a strain I grew in the late 80"s and early 90"s, don't know what it is, came from bag seed, but it was candy, wish I still had it. I've shown this picture before because it was grown in pots located in the top of a large Maple tree, due to where I lived at the time I had no other place to grow. That strain was as good as anything I grow today. I'll use Black Afghani, Ouzbekistan and others on the USC menu as examples, those are not modern strains and will kick your ass, I don't think you would throw stones at those. Bottom line commercial weed sucks always has and always will, there's still truck loads of commercial Mexican weed coming in and the buds look awesome, not brick anymore, but no flavor and hardly any buzz, it sucks. It's also a problem today with the modern strains, most of what I see come in has no flavor and a crappy buzz, but what I see that's directly from the grower is fire, it's all in how it is or was handled. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind, opinions are based on experience and I'm just stating mine, lucky I guess. Homegrown is where it's at, keep sprouting!

Best,

Baq

gallery_8111_3850_455534.jpg

• Like 6

Crap! I thought i was in this thread.. or I should be. Now I gotta go back and look at it all. Looks like the cool stuff I want to read. Landrace and heirloom.... I hope.

peace mrG

Ahh, I had read the first part of the thread but never posted. 

Thanks for the flashback stuff Baq. You and I grew up close to each other and with very similar growing conditions. And, there, were all of the same strains you mentioned. I lived in a port state on top of it and there was lots of great weed in the old days. I was lucky and knew a few older dealers/smugglers growing up. But, man, we had some crazy Mexican strains, too. Trippy stuff.

Definitely Red Bud and Gold bud Colombian was the best by 72, with red always being the best imho, but when Thai Stick hit it was a new world. Very old school mysterious taste and high. And the way it was prepared and sold. I love the exoticness of it. And then my first time in Hawaii was 76 or 77 and the pot I smoked there is still in my mind today. I couldn't get it out of my head and it was many years before I smoked anything as good. The taste and the high rocked my world.

After I got out of the service and moved over to Montana, we started seeing really good Hawaiian there because of the California movie star connection. All the best of everything was in our little world up there.Very cool days for a good while.

Seems like all of the years since then most pot kind of just seemed like the other. I still think many hybrids are that way. One toke and I get a distinction and then it taste like everything and the high is non eventful. 

I will however say that I have been re-introduced to super solid gear again by living here on OG. It's so nice, too. I'm getting really excited about the landraces and have naturally wanted to gravitate that way in my endeavors now. I think I only look at the seeds and breeders Baq talks about except Swami and now I need to keep an eye on him for when I get some extra cash. 

Having landraces seems like having all of the natural ingredients to some old original recipe or dish. Once you have the right ingredients you should be able to make some very clean crosses and if you would be willing to do the pheno hunt, I can only imagine what you would bump up on eventually. 

I feel like I'm 16 again and re-learning it all over again. So cool.

peace

mrG

• Like 2

Hey Baq, I was on the exact opposite end of that canna rainbow. Now I usually do not partake of anything I do not grow for myself. And, now that I made the jump to the big O, even as badly as I'm working them, still tastes FAR, FAR superior to  my bottle fed ladies for all those years.

I was scoping my maybe Hawaiian ladies, and I'm very close now to the chop. The maybe Mauie Wowie, is not showing any clear heads. The maybe Allenuihaha A, plant is much closer then the B plant in flower. The A plant is also way more tric covered then B is also.

• Like 2