•           ai.php.gif

Sign in to follow this  
iGrow420710

tent temps ....helpppp

Basically first timer here.. im all set up.. put my seeds for germination paper towel method.. soon as tap root came out i put into peat pellet and put into tent... 

the temps i am getting is 32/33 degree's max and about 19 at night with lights off

what can i do? or will this be okay?

Hempyfan always supplies the best info. Whatever links he shares, use them. You may not be able to make all the changes at once, but always work towards getting that perfect environment. Little steps will make a big difference. THANKS HEMPYFAN!

What are the temps in the room the tent is in? Day and night? It may benefit you to run your lights at night when it is cooler, and run the dark period during the day. Maybe with a window open wth a small fam on the window sill. I had to do this with my grow room. Take advantage of Mother Nature. And/or vent the tent out a window if possible. Pushing the hot air out will keep the ambient air in the room cooler, allowing cooler air into your tent. If you don't have a window or a/c unit to cool the room, try a fan on the floor pushing fresh air into the room.  

Good luck, and be creative, you will figure it out.

EDIT:  make sure your bottom vent holes of your tent are allowing enough air in for the fan to remove the hot air. Tying them off to stop light leaks also stops airflow. If your tent walls suck in when your fan is on, your are not getting enough air in, just something to think about. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

Hempyfan always supplies the best info. Whatever links he shares, use them. You may not be able to make all the changes at once, but always work towards getting that perfect environment. Little steps will make a big difference. THANKS HEMPYFAN!

Truth

• Like 1

All of the above 

I run a 6 in flexible duct from a room next to the storage closet where my tent is 

air flow is important both in and out 

I run that same line directly into the tent I have a 6 in in-line fan pushing the air in from the cooler room 

also I have a 6 in in-line fan pushing air out into a carbon filter ( on 24/7) 

i set up my tent with the filter and the in-line fan all outside of my tent to save space in side the tent 

works for me 

vent in from the bottom of the tent and out from the top 

the top of the tent gets the hottest 

I run my lights at the cooler hours flowering time 8 pm to 8 am 

veg time 4pm to 10 am  and it can still get hot but not enough to kill them 

over watering the can be a big problem in the beginning 

good luck post a pic or two 

peace 

• Like 1

Maybe move that upper fan down low. Where it is, it can push the heat down to your plants. Let it circulate the cool air around the bottom while the can fan pulls the heat out the top. It may drop your temps a degree or two.

• Like 2

How are people in Jamaica growing at high temps? ambient temp went down from 25 to 24 and my grow tent when from 31/33 to 28/29 and now the ambient temp dropped to 20 and grow room at 25... but this is all due to outdoor weather... which means my temps will fluctuate due to weather...

outside is different than indoors for many factors.

Your answer is to stabilize the temperature in your rooms around the grow tent, then work your tent temps.  You likely will need an air conditioner and temperature switch.  all things talked about in links I posted.

Good luck.

When growing in doors environment is everything first make sure you have good air flow both intake and exhaust and air circulation in the tent like small clip on fans 

i  start my seeds  under 100 watt florescent 24/ 7 under a dome 

hempy is a great source on info 

peace

Being from the UK, and UK temps are all over the place... the indoors temp is affectted by outdoor weather... something i do not have control over.. im guesing i would need an air cooler or something.. 

• Like 1

In Michigan our weather is the same, kind of cool here today, a few days ago 90F and humidity of like 70%. I have to use a portable air and dehumidifier. But you have to rig it so it sets outside the rooms, because it heats up too lol crazy game to keep temps down here as well.

that switch will help, but the room temperature is always going to effect the tent temps. A small air conditioner will make all the difference in the world. You can set thermostat on it and it will take care of it.  Try something like this...

IMG_1724.thumb.PNG.c4db329d1658b2b0626f3b72953be369.PNG

they are a bit pricey, but I have a couple of them for them from my last home, and they do work extremely well. 

• Like 2

Which exhaust fan/size do you use?

Where comes the fresh air into the box?

• Like 1

@Weederstandgreat question 

if the air going into the tent is hot to begin with there’s your problem 

i’ve has a hot room before you need to vent air from a cooler area to keep the heat in check 

there’s a lot of good advice around here 

Iam sure your figure it out 

Judging by the photo's, the passive air intakes of the tent are closed. So when the lights come on it's only natural it gets cooking hot. Putting an air-conditioner outside of the tent isn't going to change that. Long are the passive intakes aren't open, you could grow on the north-pole and day temperatures would be high.  

• Like 1