•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Barreleye

Lil help with some lil yellow leaves

I've recently switched over to some clackamas coot style soil, and some of my plants aren't in love with it.  After a few weeks in flower, the new young leaves start turning pale, and I can tell the buds are stuggling to do what they need to do.  Any suggestions on what this deficiency is and how I might overcome it?

Purple Storm, 3.5 weeks into 12/12.  Top leaf in the center of the pic just started showing the yellowing.

IMG_20180711_153822.thumb.jpg.178d8991190eb5b520ffec0f51bfa0d7.jpg

Strawberry Blues, 8 weeks into flower.  I think some Ouzbekistan pollen got loose when I collected some.  Getting a few seeds per oz on a few of my girls.  Looks like I got some Blues Ouz coming soon :). Yellowing looks worse in person, buds are rather pale to what I'm used to.

IMG_20180711_153836.thumb.jpg.da8834d33fdc030d417d79472485ec98.jpg

Things got better when I started using some comfrey tea and kelp/humic once a week...but not quite there yet.  Half of what I've been running does splendidly, the other half is missing something.

Any suggestions?

be

Hi barreleye,

Sorry to hear.. I don't think I can help you, but do you have some liquid nutriecien?

PS: Love you genetics!

I'm still a newb with the big O, but when I highlighted coots soil, and read a description, it is as close to what my mix is. Since I only have a harvest or 2 by now, I'll simply state what I do to correct my mix, with different strains I'm running.

My mix is ProMix coco coir/peat based, with pumice, coco coir husk chips, extra perlite, bio char, I use Down To Earth products, myself, and teas Buffalo Loam is really a great all around tea.

I try and add some slow release additives like feather meal, with some fast acting addiments like kelp, and some Acid mix, some oyster mix. If for flowering I add some bat guano and Langbeinite. 

I recently started using Mammoth BO's. in my flower area. 

In your first pic, that girl does need a touch of N,  the leaf tips help tell you if your plant is in the sweet spot or getting to hot for the roots. I don't know if you make and keep teas, but IMHO it is the best way (that I now know of)  is to use a tea ball strainer, filled with some earthworm castings, and something quick released N, attach a air stone, and over night, it's very quick booster.

When I was a bottle baby, I would have NEVER NEVER EVER added N into a flowering medium myself. But with organics, you can, without hurting burnability, and taste of the final product.

The second pic is showing you leaf tip burning, and there I would add some beneficial organisms, with some molasses, and let them (BO's)  help the root system as when they eat bad bacteria, their waste is a very balanced plant food. Then just molasses water feeding after that. Just my humble opinion man.

I also use Dinosaur Vomit, but that is on another avenue.

Best of luck man.