•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Copycat Starbursts

4 Tablespoons infused butter

1/2 cup corn syrup, if you want your starbursts, I call them chews :) stronger, you can bump up potency by using either infused corn syrup or honey

1 cup sugar

smitch over a teaspoon of flavoring

1/2 teaspoon citric acid

1. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by lining it with foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray, or use molds.
  2. Combine the butter, corn syrup, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the butter and sugar dissolve, then wash down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming. Insert a candy thermometer.
  3. Cook the candy, stirring occasionally until the thermometer reads 245 F to 250(118 C).
  1. As soon as it reaches the proper temperature, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flavoring, citric acid, and yellow food coloring. Stir until the ingredients are well dispersed, then pour the candy into the prepared pan or molds.
  2. Allow the candy to set at room temperature until it cools and sets completely. About an hour.
  3. Once set, remove the candy from the pan using the foil as handles and flip it upside down on a cutting board, or remove from molds. Carefully peel the foil off the back. Use an oiled chef's knife to cut the candy into small 1-inch squares to serve.
  4. Wrap and enjoy :)

I made some tonight for the concert tomorrow. Remember the Jelly Belly flavors? I loved butter popcorn and Loraines has that flavor, taste just like em. :) With some like that type you want to omit the citric acid. I've even made Jalepeno ones, they were quite good actually.

The first pic are grape ones formed in the pan and cut. The second are ones from a mold.

Grape fruit chews 002.JPG

fruit chews in wrappers 003.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The cbd ones I had were delicious 

very tasty yummy 

• Like 2

Now you can make your own :) Glad you liked them, these are on my menu, one of the patient's favs, this and peppermint patty are pretty much a constant.

When you make meds like this, nice thing is, you could use say CBD butter, and add in infused honey to it, and make a nice one to one med, or whatever combo you want. This one makes a nice 20/20mg one with CBD butter, and some THC honey.

• Like 1

I made some in Buttered Popcorn flavor, folks are like yuck! lol Like the Jelly Bellies flavor, then they ate them. hehehe I told em think of a Popcorn ball or Fiddle Faddle, num num buttery sugar goodness. Diabetes hates me, but my mouth loves me hehe They are a hit, even those that about gagged when I told them the flavor ha ha

:thumbsdown: butter popcorn. The nastiest jellybellie ever made....they should have included those to the prank flavors they make...

but, if you made other flavors..I'd be all over them.

• Like 1

hahaha that is funny, it is my favorite flavor ;)

The ones that taste like Starburst the most are like Strawberry Kiwi, and Watermelon is out of this world.

I've made Jalapeno ones too! And I loved them lol Butter Rum, Grapefruit, Strawberry Lemonade, the list goes on and on

Except for the popcorn, they all sound amazing. :grinning_respect:

11 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Out of Ha has lol You need another friend package :)

:jump:   :verrygood   :jump:   :dribble:

Awesome mold, that would be great for chocolate 

• Like 1