•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
HillCrest

Advice on autos with sativa dom outdoors.

Hi,

So old timers know me and know through posts/gallery i use to grow under light.  Yep stopped due to circumstance and now grow outdoors in the UK 3 plants only  per year . When your not on it 24/7 like indoor growing you forget things. Indoors a flowering time is pretty much fixed give or take a week or two. Outdoors theres way too many factors to influence this so an auto with a 75 days completion depending on weather and pheno could take 75 to 90+ days. So..... as i said im in the UK and we are having a heat wave like we havent seen in 25+ yrs.....great, no rot (we love rain in the UK)  i remember sativa strains being idea at say 30% amber trics max some liking 50% ....what are are your opinions ? Im not use to outdoor growing being so good given this weather.  Im drawn to 30% as hoping to not hit the couch lock too much but im hearing some folk harvest prior to even amber and stick to milky on sativa outdoors .. theres 3 plants... 3 pheno lol so obviously the one thats largest and only just hit milky is far more sativa dom.

happy to here all input as like the said....this outdoor ideal weather is new to me being in the UK

Regards and happy growing

Hillcrest

• Like 2

I remember you Hillcrest :) I just want to say nice to see you, I have no experience with outdoor so no help, but glad to see you.

• Like 1

Welcome back. I'm not much help either for outdoors,  but I think with a solid sativa strain, you will be ok up to about 50%, if you can go that far before the weather gets to cool.  The advantage of going past 30% will help minimize the speedy/racey  effect. I think you'd have to go quite a bit past 50 to get couch lock. Either way bro, congrats on your outdoor adventure. If possible, share some pics, I'm sure we would all like to see your girls.

happy grows 

you're question is largely subjective and only way to know is experimentation.

take a branch or some buds and dry it normally.  do this each week, you will be behind a week but not much harm.  this way you can sample and get a perspective on what you like.

I tend to like the 30 percent but many will take 15 to 20.  no right or wrong answer.  more amber is more cbn and couch lockish but could be a perfect blend.  is why i say in part to take weekly samples.

hope that helps,

Hempyfan!

• Like 4

i don't think it's that complicated HillCrest , IT'S A MATTER OF HOW YOU LIKE your sativas to smoke. u can't go wrong with cloudy no matter what imho for a sativia. but 30% amber would be more for a sativa you felt was too racy  and wanted to slow that effect down some. the same way some pick heavy indica's a little early to reduce couch lock

On 7/18/2018 at 10:22 AM, Hempyfan said:

you're question is largely subjective and only way to know is experimentation.

take a branch or some buds and dry it normally.  do this each week, you will be behind a week but not much harm.  this way you can sample and get a perspective on what you like.

I tend to like the 30 percent but many will take 15 to 20.  no right or wrong answer.  more amber is more cbn and couch lockish but could be a perfect blend.  is why i say in part to take weekly samples.

hope that helps,

Hempyfan!

I would go with that too!

• Like 1