•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Reduction of Green Dragon

Clean up of a person's 2 year old "soak" Green Dragon.

I first winterized it, then filtered,  then reduced it down from 5 1/2 bottles to 2 1/4. This kept it liquid, but without too much access alcohol.

When I winterized, it took the green out as well!

Must be chlorophyll breaks down over time, and it came out with the waxes and lipids

Now it is Golden Dragon :)

april tinc with winterize.jpg

April winterization.jpg

April after winterization.jpg

April reduction 001.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LOL yea I think you would really, really like Pink Floyd if you did a shot glass lol. Yep like a tincture, under the tongue :) I like MCT Oil better, this is too harsh for my liking.

• Like 1

Wow, even the stuff at the beginning? I only listed to albums 1-3 (from the very early 60s) of thier box set twice I think lol.  Maybe it's just 1 and 2, been a long time.  Fun to hear riffs on albulms 1 and 2 that became whole songs by the wall lol

db

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Lol, darth need to learn lingo I guess, off to google!

i bought some 500mg cbd made with mct oil for my wife., baced on another of your posts @gardenartus.  She has major digestive issues and cannot taken any nsaids.  She is still hesitant, I keep telling her the mct tincture will skip the dijextive system but she's reasonably worried 

db 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiCKNeSs said:

Darth Budder is talking about Pink Floyd, the band! :lol:

Greetings SiCKNeSs.

hahaha OK so I am the slow one lol did not get that lol I am so slow or do not hear good, I thought that one song by Bruno Mars said Fill My Cup Put Some Nigga in it ha ha ha ha For real I did, my friend said hey girl that sounds really dirty ha ha ha Hell I thought it said that lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Darth Budder said:

Lol, darth need to learn lingo I guess, off to google!

i bought some 500mg cbd made with mct oil for my wife., baced on another of your posts @gardenartus.  She has major digestive issues and cannot taken any nsaids.  She is still hesitant, I keep telling her the mct tincture will skip the dijextive system but she's reasonably worried 

db 

I can not take them either or opioids, cannabis is the only "pain" reliever I can take. Coconut oil is actually great for stomach issues as well. She should try some in a capsule, if eating it straight might upset her stomach. That is pretty easy on your belly with the MCT oil, that green dragon stuff would tear me a new gut.

• Like 2

@gardenartus

What is the green dragon tincture used for?
And what is this green dragon? 
A cannabis cultivar or a medicinal herb?:withstupid:

Fascinating subject to say the least,i am totally un-educated when it comes to herbal/funghi tinctures.

All i do is prepare cannabis oil to help those around me get off the pharma meds and improve their quality of life.
If i'd learn something off this maybe i'd have greater means of helping people.

I do know something of wild herbs,but not enough about alcohol based tinctures and what to use em for and how to dose them.

Fascinating stuff really.

• Like 1

@Collie Weed, the Green Dragon is cannabis infused alcohol.  There are more web "how too" pages than you would probably care to read.  Many people make it just to have a little something for doing shots at a party (vodka is pretty common but as close to pure grain alcohol as you can get is preferred). They don't reduce it down, kind of like having a plate of pot brownies out. As Gardenartus pointed out, when making and straining it at freezing temperatures, you get quite a bit less chlorophyll, fats etc., making it taste better. You are basically attempting to get the alcohol to only extract the trichromes. 

Once extraction is complete, she reduces the alcohol down to just a couple of fluid ounces, increases the potency. That's when it's not really considered "Green Dragon" anymore and becomes a tincture. If she reduced it down until all the alcohol has evaporated, then you would have concentrated cannabis oil, also known as RSO (Rick Simpson Oil). 

Ive noticed that the tincture is a bit easier to make than infused coconut oil, butter etc. I have used it in recipes as well. For me, it seemes to kick in faster and hits a little harder than oil based. Also, you can add whatever spices, herbs etc, like Gardenartus does to make it more beneficial for medical purposes. 

Grab yourself a bottle of 190 proof everclear, an ounce of good weed and make a batch. I think you will be very happy with the results. A few drops under the tongue will usually start working within 10-15 minutes. Make some gummies or jolly ranchers and you will have the benefit of fast acting from being absorbed in the mouth as well as what you swallow will be processed like other long lasting edibles. The combination can be fun and medically helpful. 

• Like 2

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol I can't really say it any better then that :)

Green dragon was first made for rec purposes, now we use it medicinally as well. That is all I can add lol.

I would not make this for a tincture, I do the cannabis oil as JC says, reducing further down, and using the quick method of mashing, heat, etc. to speed up the process. This one I am teaching a gal how to process her tinctures, clean them up, etc, her method is at the basic level, so trying to learn to do it a bit better.

They have found that using coconut oil is much more effective and makes our cannabis more bio-available when eaten. So now I make my "tinctures", which are actually infusions, out of MCT Oil, which stays liquid so can be used as a tincture.

I've made "tinctures" out of alcohol, glycerin, glycerin with alcohol, basically honey is like a tincture as well and can be used under the tongue in the same fashion.

You get more bang for the buck if you add in coconut oil to any of the medibles or oils we use.

The quickest way to use is in tincture form under the tongue. For medicinal purposes, like smoking a joint, very quick acting and gives relief much faster then if we eat it.

There is something about combining alcohol and cannabis and it makes it a "harder" high, synergistic, so like using coconut oil, it is kicking 10 times harder then without.  I ran across a few alcoholics that freak a bit if they find out the tincture is made from it, another reason I sought other ways to make it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Justcozz Thanks for your reply,not really known with foreign names people give to it.(im just a little Dutchman)
But i have made AHO already without the refining process Gardenartus has shown us here.
I didn't even know that's even possible,get it smooth and all.:o
I just reduced it to resin only for medicine,and took a drink halfway through reducing.
That other process is a whole new thing for me,since i did try and drink the stuff but thought it's way too harsh on the throat even as a mix-drink of 5% alc. orso.:evil:
Did get me up in cloud 9 and all,but didn't want to do it again....blegh!:wacko:

@gardenartus Thanks for telling me this,especially about the coconut oil.

I am known with the process of extraction,but not the whole smoothing out you show here.
Must be a real treat to drink that stuff:bier

I use BHO extract made of sugarleafs,weigh 1 gram to 9ml of sunflower-oil as a 10%(resin) suspension.
So it's 10% not really based on thc%,but on resin weight.
How many ML coconut oil do you think can i replace the sunflower oil with?

It needs to stay fluid to be used as drops,and it can always use extra medicinal punch

this way people can do way longer with the meds i make for them.:P

• Like 1

@Collie Weed, The MCT oil, or Medium Chain Triglyceride oil is extracted from coconut oil. It has been refined so that it stays in a liquid state. So essentially you are using coconut oil that won't solidify at lower temperatures. It's the MCT in the coconut oil that bonds with the cannabinoids and makes it more available for the body to absorb. So in theory it works better than coconut oil itself.  I think you can use the same amount or even less of MCT as sunflower oil. 

I just got me a bottle of 190 proof everclear yesterday. So I will be making a batch here in the next couple of days. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Collie Weed said:

@gardenartus Thanks for telling me this,especially about the coconut oil.

I am known with the process of extraction,but not the whole smoothing out you show here.
Must be a real treat to drink that stuff:bier

I use BHO extract made of sugarleafs,weigh 1 gram to 9ml of sunflower-oil as a 10%(resin) suspension.
So it's 10% not really based on thc%,but on resin weight.
How many ML coconut oil do you think can i replace the sunflower oil with?

It needs to stay fluid to be used as drops,and it can always use extra medicinal punch

this way people can do way longer with the meds i make for them.:P

@Collie WeedYou can replace one to one. Make sure to buy MCT oil derived from coconut, there are some made from palm or combo of, for us with the use of cannabis, we want pure coconut. If you get the correct MCT oil, it stays liquid even when refrigerated.

The CBD tincture I made an infusion, because I don't use other herbs, so I do an infusion with the cannabis. I use CBD and a touch of sativa, my patients except one use it for day use. The dose is 20mg CBD and 5mg Sativa, and a touch of indica. This also has turmeric and black pepper, with boswellia acid in it, taste gawd awful lol.

The THC tincture I use herbs in it, so it makes it like liquid Xanax lol. With it first I infuse the MCT oil with the herbs, then I add in cannabis oil for the cannabis medicinal part. This way I can make whatever dose is appropriate for each person. The herbs I use for the first step of infusion is passionflower and skullcap. This also has turmeric and black pepper in it.

The more clean up and refinement you take your "base" products, the better tasting end product. I take extra time on a lot of these things others do not, but it really is worth the extra steps. With the tinctures, they are much better medicine, but they taste horrid in coconut oil with all this other I Mix in lol, so they are only used for tincture. But this tincture I cleaned up in alcohol base, could be used in recipes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@gardenartus Thanks a whole heap !

(does that sound right without thinking of a steaming pile of....?):lol:

I'll try and get the MCT oil for the next batch i make for my relatives.
I think it will make a big difference,so thnx.

@Justcozz Thanks for the info bro !
Im gonna use this info to score some MCT oil ,thanks again.:tu

I'm one of those guys that always asks why? and how so?(annoying but true)

And you answered me before i get to ask dat man.:P

• Like 2

So I made the tincture. Used 800ml of 190 proof/95% alcohol and 4.8oz of bud and trim. Decarbed the weed and mixed it all together. After the extraction, I reduced it down to 150ml in the double boiler.  Enough to fill 3 dropper bottles I have. I have not added any additional ingredients yet. 

So, while filling the dropper bottles, I spilled a bit on the counter. Looked to be about a tablespoon or so. Not wanting to waste it, I thought fast and grabbed my pack of cigarettes. It took 5 cigarettes to completely absorb all the mess. Figured I'd let it dry out and smoke em. 

I did the math, and estimating my bud and trim are at 10% thc, the tincture should be near 75mg thc per ml of tincture. 

Test #1- at 75mg, I knew 1ml was going to be a bit much..lol So I did about  .5ml  under the tongue. The alcohol definitely gives a pretty good sting as it evaporates from the mouth. The taste is as expected, horrid....  I took about 10 minutes for it to start to kick in. The high was a nice even head and body high, but pretty weak. It faded in and out for about 2 hours. Nothing to get exited about. 

Test #2- time to smoke a cigarette. Not knowing exactly how much the cigarettes absorbed, I wanted to be cautious. I lit it, and took 2 decent drags, and then a couple more as if smoking a cigarette normally. Put it out and waited. As usual for me, the effects came on pretty quickly. Nice high, started in the head and moved to the body. A little more heady than the first test, but very similar. But seemed to be stronger. After about an hour, it started fading off, so I finished the cigarette. That kicked it up a notch, but nothing really strong. Overall the high was a very enjoyable head and body mix that would be great for hanging out with friends, listening to music, waiting for the food to finish on the BBQ. 

Test #3- decided to make chocolates for the 3rd round. Nothing special. Silicon candy tray, milk chocolate morsels, coffee beans and tincture. Put coffee beans into mold, drop in a few morsels and pop it in the microwave. About 15-20 seconds at a time until the chocolate is melted. Grap the tincture and put 1ml in each chocolate, stir and put in the fridge until it hardens.  I used a full milliliter, a very large dose for me, but after the first two tests, I started questioning the potency of the herb. They were not pretty looking, but the taste was amazing, the coffee bean really hid the taste of the tincture. 

Anyhow. 3pm I ate one chocolate. After about 15 minutes, I knew the high was coming on, a nice little mellow buzz that just kind of brightened my mood. And for another 20 minutes it maintained nicely, but seemed as that is all she was going to give as far as potency. Then at about the 1 hour mark, holy cow, the roller coaster ride began. As the high builds, its like bricks being stacked. Each step is small, but very clear stage or level. Initially  I thought "alright, here it comes, this is what I was looking for" then it was "hell yeah, this is awesome" at around the 2 hour mark, I was right on the verge of being too high and began to get worried. About every 15 minutes or so, it would Peak and then slightly fade. This went on for another solid 5 hours.  I was home alone, watching the show "Practical Jokers" the entire time. Overall I had a very enjoyable night. Probably a little much to go out on the town, but never went into that uncomfortable feeling. I really like these chocolates. Lol

I think it's odd how the different ways of taking cannabis can give such different results. As I try other methods/recipes I'll fill you all in if it's worth mentioning.

good day and happy grows

• Like 4