•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Shedmonster

Huckleberry Kush (♂)

Looking for a male to pollinate my ladies

1. Tall one - 9 internodes, 10th growing. Sweet smell, citrus/berry/candy

2. Short one - 10 internodes 11th growing. Hash, deep smell, some sweet in the background

any thoughts?

pic 1-2 #1

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

• Like 4

The one that shows nuts the latest unless structure and scent are what you are looking for. Hold out and see which one holds the recessive.

• Thanks 1

I would imagine the shorter one favors the Oregon Afghani side, and the taller one is more the Oregon Huckleberry side. Out of the couple of packs I grew out, I found the Oregon Huckleberry pheno to be my favorite for all around for flavor and potency. Had a sour skunky berry taste.

I guess it all boils down to what you are looking for.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2018 at 5:04 PM, wisecalyx said:

The one that shows nuts the latest unless structure and scent are what you are looking for. Hold out and see which one holds the recessive.

If I may pick your brain....

Why?

I have no clue about breeding but I like to learn more.

As a newb my guess would be 

The one that shows nuts first

Because first is fast and fast is good?

I don't know shit though.

Nice looking plants by the way.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Toker said:

If I may pick your brain....

Why?

I have no clue about breeding but I like to learn more.

As a newb my guess would be 

The one that shows nuts first

Because first is fast and fast is good?

I don't know shit though.

Nice looking plants by the way.

Always welcome, I may not be the most experienced breeder but been around it my whole life. I chuck at best lol and my efforts til now are usually as preservation and to crack open recombination to find the fun.

To address your question, high THC tends to be a recessive trait in a natural state for marijuana. In natural state it wants to be closer to its relative hemp. In nature, the first to nut will usually be the one to pass on its traits and has been philosophically debated within animal populations as well. In this sense early flower time is usually linked to dominant traits. We do have to take into consideration that at this point marijuana is more likely the most genetically molested plant on this planet by humans. You have to take into account of breeding recessive dominate. Making recessive traits the forefront within the population at the same time hopefully not bottlenecking potential dominant traits that are beneficial. In a scientific sense you're gambling on aligning the genetic allele though and bringing rise to mutation (this happens much more via self and rigorous back cross programs (true backcross programs of breeding 3 to 4 gens filial between each P1 bx). It's a slippery slope especially when thinking in terms of potential hermaphrodism within a breeding line. The best choice to really see what can come from your line is to use more than one pollen donor, as in make two clones of your mother and allow each male to separately do its thing with the ladies. Test progeny and see which perform more to your goals in the first place. Are you trying to add terpene profile of x to the loudness of Y. Is Z super potent but the slowest veg ever while A is the one that grows hella fast and stretches 3 times in flower... is straight potency your end game? Or do you need a male that will let the female shine as she was just to get seed of the female? All valid questions and all only can be weighed against your goal to your scrutiny. But for the most part, us humans regardless of the goal want marijuana's recessive Gene's in our pipes. I'm hardly an expert just been playing with this plant for a long time and I did what you are doing, tried things and read as much as I can. I still pick breeders minds all the time. Just ask Indican, I'm always bugging the shit out of that clown. Haha he's such a homie. 

Alright, joints done and I'm rambling like a mofo.

Happy Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3