•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Toker

So how many plants do you actually run?

Esko taught me much.

He told me the reason he sent 3 packs with 30 or 40 seeds

Was because you need that many to actually get a good picture of who the winner plants are.

Now if he sent you 40 and you only ran 5 or 10....

Your only seening a glimpse of

The actual group As a whole.

So, how many male and female plant do folks run?

Esko seemed to think you needed a lot to get a true picture of what's what.

Not that you might not get good shit, but that the true Olympians can only be picked out out of a large selection.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you are so inclined, read about Mendals experiments peas. I think Devrys plant breeding covers it pretty well.  I think he selected from a group of 100 plants over several seasons to identify and select specific traits.  I think the answer to your question depends on how "worked" the strain you have already is, and how dominate the traits your looking for are. 

I only can fit 9 plants in flower.  I am not really interested in breeding at this point,  but I do want a few special plants to keep.  So I may only buy 10 seeds at a time, but I've run 50 jackberry regs cuz I just keep buying that strain.  I number em when they go into flower and take 3 cuts of each at week 2 before they start really flowering.  At the end of the grow, I decide which of the clones to keep as a mom.  Wash rinse repeat, except so far, I haven't kept a mom more than 2 years

Db

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For breeding I start with 50 seeds to be sure to have enough seedlings to select from. Around 50% wich are the fastest and healthies are going into 3.5 liter and under 12/12. Then I select the half while starting to flower and put them into 6.5 liter. At the end usually I have 1-2 males wich are stand out and round about 10-15 sexy ladys for smoking and making some crosses.

I wish I had more space, then I would take cuttings from each plant before they start flowering to save them for backcrosses and reproducing, but maye this will happen next year. Right now I can  only safe some pollen from the best males to do that.

Overall: more is more here :verrygood

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am too chicken lol we have a plant count.

I don't breed, but for just flowering out, I have 8 plants in, perpetual grow, then about 30 strains as moms, then clones and seedlings, that is if i don't kill anything lol

• Thanks 2

I only do one to 3 usually because I'm still exploring. I won't ever breed to speak of I don't think, but I would like to run a batch like that. I totally agree with the Esko info. For me, I'm looking at how well the plant I'm growing has already been worked. I would trust a strain like the Green Manalishi because of all of the work Rhino has put into it. It's proving itself for me right now with a humble pollen chuck. 

I'm still looking through what I have to try and find a few favorites that I want to come back and visit more seriously. I'm getting a few now that I'm ready to go back and grow again and look for the best. I always admired that about the the breeding folk. But, I do try and listen to what they say they are all looking for, and apply that to any one plant that I have and evaluate it based on the best info I can read. 

Still, no way to see differences in a particular strain without having them grow side by side in the same environment. But for me, right now I'm hitting the variety route and searching the bigger picture for favorites. I'm so far behind in the growing department. It's fun as hell try to catch up!

peace

mrG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 2:14 PM, gardenartus said:

I am too chicken lol we have a plant count.

I don't breed, but for just flowering out, I have 8 plants in, perpetual grow, then about 30 strains as moms, then clones and seedlings, that is if i don't kill anything lol

Lol, imigine how I feel.

One plant and your busted.

I try not to think of it, when I first started growing I had a dream several men whoes heads were pig heads ...no lie

Came to my house.

They never did but that dream rattled my cage.

I have 14 plants and now 8 clones.

With my set up I get a spot on the evening news as an operation lol.

But I run silent and deep.

I let no one in house, if you drop by we chat on the porch

Cause I won't invite you in. 

Lol.

I trust no one except my ex...

Can you believe that?

Most folks fear the ex....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I should buy a damn 1000 square metres greenhouse if i want to select it all out like i want to.......:lol:

Then i would pop 200/300 seeds in one go to find the ultimate match&mate,take cuttings of them and pair them up later on.

But i can't,i don't have my balls big enough for that.
for it is illigal here to have so much plants:blink:

And can you see the bank's face when i ask for a loan for the greenhouse to grow cannabis in??:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Love seeing pics, most breeders never show their set up?

In 9 years I never saw eskos set up.

Once in a while a  plant here or their but no breeding showcase.

Learn a little more from seeing pics or least I do.

• Like 2

What you like to see? boobs, tents or soil? Guess most times there is a room or tent with a gulp and some plants? Maybe take a look into the breeding section? There many pics but also long threads :D

• Haha 1

Hmm, a field if tittys?

Hehe....

Shit what was I talking about....

Mmm boobs

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2018 at 4:39 PM, Indicalicious said:

What you like to see? boobs, tents or soil? Guess most times there is a room or tent with a gulp and some plants? Maybe take a look into the breeding section? There many pics but also long threads :D

boobs or soil... hard choice :unsure: