•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Justcozz

Growing Just Cozz

That area in the pic is 6’ x 8’ grow space. I’m only using about half of it right now. The whole room is 12x12, so I have plenty of room to spread things out if necessary. 

• Like 1

Looking good JC. It's about to get busy up in there, huh? 

I'm with you Garden, sexing seedlings kind of sucks. I grew 7 plants for more than a month and two up pots only to find 5 out of 7 were males. Damn, that's a lot of wasted work. Now, I'm looking at 26 new ones to go through the same thing. I have to re pot them all and grow for another two weeks just to find out. :huh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Still have to top most and get the cuttings into 12s to be sexed. Chop the males and will have more room in there for the other 5 octopots.

Nice clean setup you have. Your going to want to have all your Octo's down the middle.......................you will see..................:)

• Like 1

I was really laughing at you and Garden and Tread in his thread. Those things are amazing. I'm surprised we hadn't all paid more attention to them earlier. 

Do they go any longer in flower in those things? Or can you turn them pretty quick if wanted? I suppose that part wouldn't change.

4 hours ago, JetDro said:

Nice clean setup you have. Your going to want to have all your Octo's down the middle.......................you will see..................:)

Thanks Jet. 

That’s the plan. I still have 1 more led to hang after they start crowding each other. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

I was really laughing at you and Garden and Tread in his thread. Those things are amazing. I'm surprised we hadn't all paid more attention to them earlier. 

Do they go any longer in flower in those things? Or can you turn them pretty quick if wanted? I suppose that part wouldn't change.

I’ve had my eye on them fo awhile, just took a better price and a few OG friends to give me a push.

I don’t think they will make a difference on flower time. We will see. Maybe I’ll run one 12/12 from root/seed and see how that turns out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I topped the 3 Mohawk x Lemon Fantasy on Saturday. Just as I got the cuts into plugs I got an important phone call and put everything back in the tent. Later I realized I didn't label which cuts came from which plants. Damn it. But the plants are already building back up nicely. 

Anyhow, I got all the others topped with the cuts labeled and into plugs. They are in the tent under 24 hrs of light. The Sultana are already started to put out some fairly strong smell. They are going to be some stinky ladies.

20190410_103929.thumb.jpg.67a4518ef26917ddc47e4eaf3653bc12.jpg

20190410_142623.thumb.jpg.59e182951b7f85bd9b2cb4b4b9d71d61.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Not labeling clones properly has happened to me too. If you can: take new ones and label them. 

Besides that, looking good my friend! I can see this beautiful hobby is growing on you! And those octopots could work well with rock-wool i reckon! ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Not labeling clones properly has happened to me too. If you can: take new ones and label them. 

Besides that, looking good my friend! I can see this beautiful hobby is growing on you! And those octopots could work well with rock-wool i reckon! ;)

Taking new cuttings is the plan. Just have to let the plants grow a bit more. 

According to the octopots web site, rock wool will not work in the octopots. They recommend 60/40 coco/perlite or peat moss/perlite. It’s actually very similar to your style of growing. Instead of a flood tray, it’s got an enclosed reservoir. Instead of the entire bottom of the pot sitting on the bottom, it has a base about the size of a solo cup that reaches the nutrient mix. 

• Like 2

It sounds very similar to the way i grow indeed. Even though i never grew in octopots, i did grow with both rock-wool and coco/perlite with this similar method and my idea is that what works with coco/perlite works with rock-wool too. Not trying to be a smart ass and if i owned any octopots i'd love to back my words with action! ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really have no idea if it will work, but I’m sure you’d figure out how to make it work. 

You are killing it with your style of hydro. If I had it down like you do, I don’t know if I would have dropped the $$ for the pots. I do like a week to 10 between res fill ups. Super easy for baby sitters to take care of if you have the nutrients pre mixed.

• Thanks 1

Looking great and you're ahead of me. I didn't get mine moved up into new pots today. Now I have to do it in the house. Not as fun. Snow day tomorrow so I'll have the day to get it done. It'll be about like yours, I have 24 to move up. Wish I could sex them sooner. I guess some people flip them just to see the sex and then put them back into veg. I don't know about that.

Anyway, best vibes. I've been making goofy mistakes too. It'll all roll up into a joint!

peace

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justcozz said:

I really have no idea if it will work, but I’m sure you’d figure out how to make it work. 

You are killing it with your style of hydro. If I had it down like you do, I don’t know if I would have dropped the $$ for the pots. I do like a week to 10 between res fill ups. Super easy for baby sitters to take care of if you have the nutrients pre mixed.

The way i grow is basically ebb and flow which i got into because of my struggling with watering. Like you said, it is very similar to octopots. From what i understand each octopot works as a container with water and nutriment in it, while i work with one barrel from which i pump it into the tray. In my opinion the latter gives you a little more control, since the weakest link is also the strongest. 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 11:30 PM, Justcozz said:

.... The Sultana are already started to put out some fairly strong smell. They are going to be some stinky ladies.....

:wOOt sounds great!!!  i´m realy curious about em...fingers crossed for 3 girls,if you have the room

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saxo said:

:wOOt sounds great!!!  i´m realy curious about em...fingers crossed for 3 girls,if you have the room

3 ladies would be nice, and I have the room. But I’m sure my luck won’t have it. That’s the problem with running so many different strains. When you get only one girl of a strain, that jar or two at the end of harvest becomes gold. 

I need to figure something out. How am I supposed to grow every strain I can get my grubby little fingers on and keep a decent stash of each?  Man, a 40 ft shipping container is sounding better and better all the time. 365 day grows are in my future. 12 scrogs rooms plus a reg veg and flower room. That should keep the jars full. Tell me again about the American Dream. 

• Like 1

Been down in Sacramento, damn nice weather. 77 degrees yesterday, sunny skies, no wind....a wonderful taste of summer. 

Hell, people are already putting plants outside to start their grows down here. Amazing what a couple of hundred miles and a drop in elevation does for a grow season. No way I’d attempt putting a plant in the ground this early at home. 

Speaking of home, I’ll be heading back this evening. Stopping by the landlords place today before I leave town to re-up the lease. Looks like I may get to avoid an inspection this year. 

you do need a container?? no problem!  :D

cont.JPG.9860b64ef738607d1e45aec7e418ac57.JPG

...but the shipping costs would kill it

• Haha 2

Our snow turned into mostly rain and no accumulation the last couple of days.Glad for that. But the day before was around 81 and everything decided to open and bloom all on the same morning. That night we had a hard freeze. As usual.  So, my apricot trees (big) were blooming this year and I would get a huge crop. My peach tree was blooming all over this year. Damn, one day to ruin it. It's gonna be in the upper 60's today and nice again all week, but another light freeze forecast in about 4 days. I may be growing veggies in pots this year.

peace

I’ve got a local spot here that sells them, free delivery. Only issue is having it moved when I move. Prices are not too bad, they start at $1500. 

It would probably take another $1000 to insulate and get it ready to grow in. Still not bad for a permanent self contained grow place. 

But for now, funds is what’s holding me back.  Guess I could start working on plans to get me motivated to spend $$

• Like 2

.....that is indeed the better deal !!  free delivery?? to any spot you want??....sometimes a big crane is needed to reach over a house or the neighbors garden to put it in place........over here,thats not cheap

if i had the place,i would get one too :tu

• Like 2