•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Justcozz

Growing Just Cozz

There is a guy here has a really nice set up. He is on 10 acres, with a pond and water fountain lol. But his grow is in what looks like a shack, until you open the door :) State of the art, rooms are lined in stainless, all lights perfectly in a row. All the monitors on the outside of the grow. Dry room space, storage area. Environment monitors

I about shit, he walks me in his rooms and the plants are so huge, must had pounds, he had two rooms, one veg, one flower. Sitting in his dry room had pounds hanging above me and jars fulls on shelves. He has a business now lol

• Like 1

Just picked up my clones. Damn it, they were almost out. They only had NaPali Pink left I got 2.  Turns out they get their delivery on Thursdays, and usually sell out the same day. They open at 9am and people start lining up at 5 am. There was a guy there literally buying the last of all their clones, he was nice enough to let me buy two. Otherwise I would have been ass out. I called around and every shop in Sacramento said they are sold out. But hey, I got 2 and a strain I wanted. I’m still a happy camper.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

There is a guy here has a really nice set up. He is on 10 acres, with a pond and water fountain lol. But his grow is in what looks like a shack, until you open the door :) State of the art, rooms are lined in stainless, all lights perfectly in a row. All the monitors on the outside of the grow. Dry room space, storage area. Environment monitors

I about shit, he walks me in his rooms and the plants are so huge, must had pounds, he had two rooms, one veg, one flower. Sitting in his dry room had pounds hanging above me and jars fulls on shelves. He has a business now lol

Yes, sounds sweet. That’s about how I would want it. I think I’d want a veg room, a flower room, another veg/flower. Also a drying room. And of course a room to keep supplies and mix nutes.  A 40’x8’ container would get filled up quick. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

Just picked up my clones. Damn it, they were almost out. They only had NaPali Pink left I got 2.  Turns out they get their delivery on Thursdays, and usually sell out the same day. They open at 9am and people start lining up at 5 am. There was a guy there literally buying the last of all their clones, he was nice enough to let me buy two. Otherwise I would have been ass out. I called around and every shop in Sacramento said they are sold out. But hey, I got 2 and a strain I wanted. I’m still a happy camper.

Being able to buy clones in a store sounds like you are pulling my leg brother! Over here, today that is unthinkable! When a noob asks for clones in a grow shop they quiver! What a privilege you can buy them! How much are cuttings and how many can you buy? And do you have to id yourself when you make a purchase?

It’s just like buying anything else in the dispensary. You have to show ID to get in. Then just hit the counter and have a bud tender help you out from there. 

The price of clones, $22.50 each. A little more than average, but guaranteed no bugs or disease. Ordering directly from the cultivator is cheaper, but usually a minimum quantity you have to order. I did not think there is a limit on numbers, but not sure. 

In Cali you have to have an instate ID I think, to buy some things. Colorado just a 21 and over legit ID, and it's always first come first serve on clones. I was telling JC, Dark Heart Nursery may be the top in the country, I don't know but they are up there. On their website they tell you how backed up they are. they can't grow enough. Think if they could ship. Some places do I think but I don't know who.

3 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Yes, sounds sweet. That’s about how I would want it. I think I’d want a veg room, a flower room, another veg/flower. Also a drying room. And of course a room to keep supplies and mix nutes.  A 40’x8’ container would get filled up quick. 

You mean a warehouse... me too. :lol: Glad you got something. They are for real when they say people line up early. Especially when a high demand drop happens. We have the place in Denver that has elites but they sell out fast, too.

They might deliver in state but I don't think so. Some shops here sell clones but I wouldn't pick then first. I would do my seeds.Seems like DHN does deliver in Cali

ooops, don't stop me now, I'm halfways through potting my NAW plants. Then I have to do 3 Onyx Fire, 3 Sannies Jack x Silverfields (can't wait to see this one... never smoked either yet!), 2 Lemon Bubba and 2 Chocolate Kush. Lost one each on the last two.

Oh, and 2 Sunshine Daydream. I think I'm still in my limit... not sure, I lost my calculator. Well there are these other two, too. Humboldt Kush x Sugar Punch.

Oh, well, I'm keeping one older Choco Kush male... that's it.. ok, I'm going outside now before I remember more....

THAT'S IT!  I have Alzheimer's! what???? who???? what is a number?? huh?

edit: I forgot to say how many NAW I had ..**cough, cough**... 12...... *cough*.. SEE! i forgot! 

Edited by Mr Goodfellow
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Justcozz said:

I would love his set up, it is perfect :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gardenartus said:

I would love his set up, it is perfect :)

It a'int cheap. Neither are the bills. I guess you better have a job, huh? It does bug me to not be able to load up on the good equipment all at once. It would help know when things are about at their life's end. That reminds me, I should keep a log of that. Every time I add a piece, log the details about the state of it and when you got it, etc...

That melted fan story freaks me out. I want to put a bigger place downstairs and leave it alone a lot. I have to make sure I stay on top of it. Fire alarms first. Crap, it would cook me like a pig as the fire would all start under me while I slept. I actually had a fan melt the plastic gear that makes the fan occillate. I got up and the metal shaft was just melting it all more, because it was spinning in the gear but the gear wasn't moving. It could have burst into flames anytime.

Serious stuff. I'm always glad when we talk about it a little bit and get others to think. Always good to know a good electrician that smokes if possible. Just to give you a safety inspection and recommendations. I don't know one here, yet. I know basic stuff and should be fine, but I always like to have unbiased eyes on stuff like that. 

peace

• Like 1

Well I got back late last night. The grow room is fire free and overall the plants are doing well. I always love leaving the room for a few days, the growth is more obvious. Most all the plants took topping well and have shown they like it. A few haven’t changed much, and then the Rhino Blood doesn’t seem to like my soil. Not sure what it is, they haven’t grown much and looks like some kid of deficiency. 

Also, I will be getting my new cutting into octopots this morning. Also, my garden veggies are going to need to get transplanted into solo cups. The grow room is about to get filled up. I may even have to add the HID, not sure if the LEDs are going to cover everything. I’ve never been accused of overdoing it....lol 

I will get some pics up in a bit. 

Happy grows.

• Like 5

Fan maintenance is a must I ahf a plastic fan stop in front of me and smoke now I clean them often and replace them regularly 

Good luck with the octopots this should be fun

one thing I noticed there’s less work with the octopots 

peace 

• Like 3

You got it paps! I woke up this morning planning to take my fan apart and clean it out of all the dust and dirt. Lube anything if needed. Rinse/repeat, and replace as soon as I get more funds. I'll sleep better at night. 

peace

• Like 1

I got my NaPali Pinks into the octos. Hell yeah. Can’t wait to see them take off. Also did a little training to a few of the plants. when the plants are still small, I like to use zip ties to hold the branches down. Here is Mohawk x Lemon Fantasy by Mr Goodfellow. Man these plants really jump back after being topped. I think they will do very well in a scrog. I trimmed off the large fan leaves from the stalk and applied just enough pressure to the 4 branches to get them to flatten out a bit.

39E3EA75-BDCC-436C-BCB0-ADEE70C584FC.thumb.jpeg.d9b9c8a71de546f6c2b52a9b568746d3.jpeg

Here is the same plant, this is how the zip ties look. I bend them over to form a hook then heat the bend with my lighter for about 2 seconds. This helps the zip tie to keep the hook shape. I noticed not heating it, the zip tie will straighten and not hold the branches well.

1965EE66-0AD8-4F71-9D8A-214A7AD605CB.thumb.jpeg.52beeb144bb409258a6f8e55a96494a5.jpeg

Here is a  couple Rhino Blood, same soil as all the other plants. All 4 rhino bloods are showing the same discoloring on the leaves. 2 are in smart pots, and 2 in reg plastic pots. Non of the other plants are having any issues.

B0A1625B-2891-42D3-BF8E-C876E0D226E2.thumb.jpeg.5437e1760e33a898e44ae411a819e2b0.jpeg

95190C96-8F06-4DC5-8350-0C008B95D005.thumb.jpeg.145206d35c7901b506ccf81eb52265ff.jpeg

They don’t look horrible, but that are not happy. that makes me not happy. Ill get it figured out soon.

Happy grows all

• Like 6

The rhino blood almost looks like it's locking out the nutes.... starts low but it's all the way up.

I'll have to let others chime in. I love the purple stems. That's the way the mom and pop looked. It's the one way I paired the two. The structure was similar and they just looked like the same pheno maybe.

So, now it's gonna be fun to see what shows up in these f2s. The mom also got some nice colors towards the end. 

... or is that just the LED I'm seeing, lol.. can't tell now. 

They are red stem, and all of them look the same. You did good bro.

I did give them a low dose of nutes before I left for the weekend, maybe they didn’t like it, I’ll flush them with some clean water tomorrow and see if they get happy. Also, I’ll get some pics with the LEDs turned off. I always forget until I’m back in the house posting pics. 

Damn it, I went out to the room this morning and one of my clones was wilted and almost laying down. The other was standing tall bathing in the light, doing great. I don’t know what went wrong. The only difference in the two, is the one that wilted I didn’t have the Rockwool cube completely covered with soil, the other has about a half inch or so of soil covering the cube. The cube felt dry, the one that was covered was pretty wet. So I added a little bit of water (1/2 cup) and covered the cube with some soil.  I gave it a pole to dance on to make it happy, ladies like dancing on poles. She is in the octo on the right. Also, looks like my little seedling is starting to do get comfortable in its new home, middle octo. 

F8840C0C-AC7E-4A97-876F-7C3B166091B1.thumb.jpeg.452e7a984130c9f6f298985e83533b22.jpeg

• Like 1

Do you have a cup, bag, or clear jug you could put over it for a couple of days? Might not hurt. Looking like insanity in there, sort of like my place. I have 3 more than you I think. Just finished the last 10 not long ago. It was 3 SJ x SF, 3 OF, 2 LB, and 2 Choco kush..  last of my CK... last chance for a female... i'm using a little voodoo on these last two for insurance. MrDirt told me how... I'll show you soon.  

peace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justcozz said:

Damn it, I went out to the room this morning and one of my clones was wilted and almost laying down. The other was standing tall bathing in the light, doing great. I don’t know what went wrong. The only difference in the two, is the one that wilted I didn’t have the Rockwool cube completely covered with soil, the other has about a half inch or so of soil covering the cube. The cube felt dry, the one that was covered was pretty wet. So I added a little bit of water (1/2 cup) and covered the cube with some soil.  I gave it a pole to dance on to make it happy, ladies like dancing on poles. She is in the octo on the right. Also, looks like my little seedling is starting to do get comfortable in its new home, middle octo. 

F8840C0C-AC7E-4A97-876F-7C3B166091B1.thumb.jpeg.452e7a984130c9f6f298985e83533b22.jpeg

If you have good ventilation and good air circulation to that room................YOU dried out that poor clone in no time........you HAVE to bury the RR's or whatever all the way in, or they do this. I am sorry man................I KNEW this and did not say anything to you. To be honest, I never thought you would place them with the cube out of the soil.........................When I place my RR's in them, I place them deep............and bury some stem too. I found out they do this by accident. I left a "4pack" of RR's with cuts in them on top of an Octopot, kinda under the Octopot plant, to hide it from direct light. When I checked them 2 days later........................the "desert" top SUCKED the moisture out of the cube and all 4 were DONE!!!

When placing clones in the pot, dump 1/2 gallon of water/nutes over them, slowly, and only cover like a 3 inch circle around the plants. I do this AFTER placing the cut in. I use a full 1/2 gallon, and make sure to only circle the plants base, NOT wet entire surface of the pot.

WOW..................the use of the zip ties.........................HOW SWEET....................GREAT IDEA!!!. The long tail is enough to keep the plant from pulling them lose???? Heat the end AFTER you bend it?????? I am going to go try this RIGHT NOW.......................what a great idea...............THANKS............:)

BTW.............if the center plant is from seed...................it WILL kick the other's ass's in these pot's. ALL OF MY BIGGEST plants in these have come from seed. The difference was easily noticed......................wonder if you shall find the same thing?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JetDro said:

If you have good ventilation and good air circulation to that room................YOU dried out that poor clone in no time........you HAVE to bury the RR's or whatever all the way in, or they do this. I am sorry man................I KNEW this and did not say anything to you. To be honest, I never thought you would place them with the cube out of the soil.........................When I place my RR's in them, I place them deep............and bury some stem too. I found out they do this by accident. I left a "4pack" of RR's with cuts in them on top of an Octopot, kinda under the Octopot plant, to hide it from direct light. When I checked them 2 days later........................the "desert" top SUCKED the moisture out of the cube and all 4 were DONE!!!

When placing clones in the pot, dump 1/2 gallon of water/nutes over them, slowly, and only cover like a 3 inch circle around the plants. I do this AFTER placing the cut in. I use a full 1/2 gallon, and make sure to only circle the plants base, NOT wet entire surface of the pot.

WOW..................the use of the zip ties.........................HOW SWEET....................GREAT IDEA!!!. The long tail is enough to keep the plant from pulling them lose???? Heat the end AFTER you bend it?????? I am going to go try this RIGHT NOW.......................what a great idea...............THANKS............:)

BTW.............if the center plant is from seed...................it WILL kick the other's ass's in these pot's. ALL OF MY BIGGEST plants in these have come from seed. The difference was easily noticed......................wonder if you shall find the same thing?

I think it did get dry. Good thing about only putting in 5 gal of soil, I can add a couple of inches. 

Thats one of Mr Gs Rhino Blood, the seed that took about 4 days after the others to germinate. If it surpasses the other plants, I will be a true believer in Octos.

I use zip ties every where. I have every size you can imagine. They are my duct tape. I even stitched my rear fender back on my dirt bike after I flipped it over backwards riding a wheelie. 

• Like 2

The one in the center is the Rhino Blood? Yeah, keep an eye on that sandbagger. It will get big if it gets a chance. Actually both parents were tall slender plants. But, they did stretch. It'll be fun to see it in an Octo. The "tree" pheno of the f1s I grew as awesome to see the power in it outside left to grow natural. it was beast.

Have fun... better get to the store for more popcorn for this show, and all the other octo shows.

peace

• Like 1

Yeah, it is going to be fun to see how these do. I trimmed the bad leaves of the other Rhino Bloods, and gave 2 of them a flush. If it works, I will flush the other two. 

The Mohawk x Lemon Fantasy are already starting to give of some smell. The room is starting to get that “feel” to it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Justcozz said:

The only difference in the two, is the one that wilted I didn’t have the Rockwool cube completely covered with soil, the other has about a half inch or so of soil covering the cube.

That is most likely where it went wrong. When you place the cube on top off a moist suface the rock-wool dries out and the clone in it dies. That is why i bury my cubes into the slabs instead of planting them on top. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 9:56 PM, Justcozz said:

I got my NaPali Pinks into the octos. Hell yeah. Can’t wait to see them take off. Also did a little training to a few of the plants. when the plants are still small, I like to use zip ties to hold the branches down. Here is Mohawk x Lemon Fantasy by Mr Goodfellow. Man these plants really jump back after being topped. I think they will do very well in a scrog. I trimmed off the large fan leaves from the stalk and applied just enough pressure to the 4 branches to get them to flatten out a bit.

39E3EA75-BDCC-436C-BCB0-ADEE70C584FC.thumb.jpeg.d9b9c8a71de546f6c2b52a9b568746d3.jpeg

Here is the same plant, this is how the zip ties look. I bend them over to form a hook then heat the bend with my lighter for about 2 seconds. This helps the zip tie to keep the hook shape. I noticed not heating it, the zip tie will straighten and not hold the branches well.

1965EE66-0AD8-4F71-9D8A-214A7AD605CB.thumb.jpeg.52beeb144bb409258a6f8e55a96494a5.jpeg

Here is a  couple Rhino Blood, same soil as all the other plants. All 4 rhino bloods are showing the same discoloring on the leaves. 2 are in smart pots, and 2 in reg plastic pots. Non of the other plants are having any issues.

B0A1625B-2891-42D3-BF8E-C876E0D226E2.thumb.jpeg.5437e1760e33a898e44ae411a819e2b0.jpeg

95190C96-8F06-4DC5-8350-0C008B95D005.thumb.jpeg.145206d35c7901b506ccf81eb52265ff.jpeg

They don’t look horrible, but that are not happy. that makes me not happy. Ill get it figured out soon.

Happy grows all

They look thirsty and hungry. I'd give them a good watering from the top with Ec 1.8 and pH 5.5. Assuming your environment and the rest is all locked down. 

• Like 2

All 4 RB got fed yesterday morning. We will see what they look like today. They are the only plants that are having problems. All the other plants are doing good. Thanks for the advice. 

Also, the Mohawk x LF is really liking the training. That will be a good one for a scrog also. I will decide if one goes under a screen after they are sexed. 

• Like 3

I might go ahead a pop some of those to see how they do. Maybe it's a problem with the seeds. That would suck. The f1s were solid. Hope they bounce back for you.

peace

• Like 1