•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Justcozz

Growing Just Cozz

11 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

This mornings pic is not at my house, a friends place. I don’t have that many pine trees on m property, they are just a couple of miles away. But that Caddy Shack pic is right on with what I have going on with the ground squirrels. I will have to grab my camera and take a few shots of the evil bastards. 

We also have rock chucks (yellow bellied marmot) out here,  they get real big, 8-12 lbs and 2ft long. Rock chucks will leave holes big enough to lose a small dog in. I dont have them at my house, but a friend of mine has a shit load of them. Here is an internet pic of one. These are almost harder to get rid of than ground squirrels. 

C615659C-59C2-4246-A75D-04F6A805DDEC.jpeg.c4c47625e247b6abce097ac1f5151ca8.jpeg

WE have Rock Chucks n Prairie Dogs here in Texas.  My 220 swift, with a hand-loaded Speer 52 grain HP at 4251 FPS , will tear him in HALF at 300 yards.....................I would have fun out there with it and my 30 power bumped to 40 scope target scope        :) Back when I was into Varmint hunting, it would group sub 1/2 MOA to 200 yards, with no wind of course. My longest shots could be taken at 450 yards or so,  with a very good hit percentage.

In east and some west Texas, they have friggin colonies of them taking over acres n acres. Here, we go 25 miles outside city limits n find them still around.

If you wanna see something funny, picture 3 German Shepherds, furiously running from hole to hole, slamming their heads in the holes, only to have one 25 feet away pop up and 'BARK at them......................from hole to hole to hole to hole..................they never tire of it.......................lol.

• Like 1

Oh boy, yeah, impossible to get rid of the varmints living underground.and rock chucks... that's a whole 'nother level of bad. Look at the tits on that girl. 

• Like 1

In the east, they call them woodchucks or groundhogs. When they used to get in my fenced reefer patch, we were able to trap them and, er… relocate them.

• Like 2

lol apparently if you piss near your crop that will keep those groundhogs away. A biologist friend told me :P 

how often you might ask? once a month should do it to keep them abroad :lol: 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, oldschoolsg said:

lol apparently if you piss near your crop that will keep those groundhogs away. A biologist friend told me :P 

how often you might ask? once a month should do it to keep them abroad :lol: 

Yeah, that don’t work. I piss off my deck 3-4 times a day....I think it is attracting them lol.

Outdoor garden is done, unless I can find a way to keep the squirrels out. I haven’t given up all hope, but I really don’t want to make a completely enclosed garden either....I will figure something out.

• Like 1

Alrighty, time for some more pics. I need to get these girls flipped. Weather is still not cooperating, so moving the octos out of the room is out of the question for now. Lows are still in the 40s until next weekend. Another week of veg is throwing off my plans. I can move the tent out and put them in there, but it will only fit 2 octos. That means the Rhino from seed will have to get flipped with the rest of the grow. Not a big deal I guess, It just won’t yield much. 

All 3 plants in the octos have reached the reservoir. Pretty cool seeing all the roots popping through the bottom. 

the Octopots, Rhino Blood and the 2 NaPali Pink girls.

5C02A8D3-9036-44A0-8B7B-3C5A615CE446.thumb.jpeg.9fdc5f5ae424a5995c70b77fcbe7a6a1.jpeg

2A7BEF67-90BE-4D51-864F-7A97E6B4A998.thumb.jpeg.0e5b83fed8de9d2221c7b52071d51f3c.jpeg

1036620F-82DC-48BF-B638-62C83D0A36F8.thumb.jpeg.f695b938d51691cd8c3544fcdbc517de.jpeg

No more training for the Pinks. Going to let them start doing their thing.

Full room pic.

A754A270-A828-4E74-BE23-D7B18D436765.thumb.jpeg.fa5bb9bf58eaae0d739fbfa2d064e881.jpeg

I really like the structure on this girl. I’ll be grabbing some cuts before flower. This guy is getting excited, I will finally get to smoke some Silverfields bud.

0ACDBD7F-1B67-4C23-B57F-0EFF53AAEE48.thumb.jpeg.736219a010652ca9d16496bb56546581.jpeg

Probably the biggest Rhino Blood in the group.

FFF7B092-2722-4AFD-8807-C359B246CA39.thumb.jpeg.c103126df82f495298a103aa797e7cf1.jpeg

These are staying short and just bushing up, hoping for some stretch after flip.

FE7E7616-EF9A-4769-BAA9-D08A8E89F71A.thumb.jpeg.b0f42d9ce31f83d9268c60eeb5270274.jpeg

I know 2 of these are male, but my failure to label them correctly has me watering boys. Maybe there will be a few crosses in the room. @Mr Goodfellow needs to give this strain a name. 

83CBC091-F17B-4E39-80FF-CDDBF2757A19.thumb.jpeg.9ae34c95b9910824de93076ae78270a8.jpeg

This Cartel Haze has the same structure of my mystery cross above. Maybe my seeds were selfed, I’m good with that as long as there are no hermies.

BAE2B2E3-8B9D-4FBC-9BF9-88242B7294C0.thumb.jpeg.4f9c2fc09bdd44276e4ec951ac14d7ea.jpeg

This G39 has great structure also, keep watching this girl for some giant buds....

5CC3B552-F1F7-4B0D-ABFC-8544B9A6889D.thumb.jpeg.5ec9d669e37c001ec123c46ea14eeb15.jpeg

This Silverfields is staying short, but should really stretch when flipped.

21BF1AF3-2E0C-41F5-8440-D57E95B97546.thumb.jpeg.4ce543063fad57cd84ec2f17414e5b1b.jpeg

This is one looks much more like the other G39s I’ve grown. Topped the same as the other one above, just stying short and bushy.

F261F56F-4B88-49AB-BD6B-BCC1609C0B7E.thumb.jpeg.77be5eaa951b5a77433f6bc25d32c6fd.jpeg

C35A1855-59ED-4700-A98F-D75263EA5B97.thumb.jpeg.a2f036bda848d6e2659fe970bfbe2ed6.jpeg

Man, I can’t wait till these all start building some bud. The weed stash is getting ridiculously low. 2 plus months before harvest, looks like I am going to need a run to the shop...Damn it.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with this run so far. The few bugs I had are gone. All the plants look healthy and no nutes needed yet. Just hopefully they don’t outgrow the pots before harvest. That will really piss me off....

Hapoy grows to you all, and hope you all have a good Memorial Day weekend.

• Like 12

Cant wait for you to try some silverfields ;) you wont regret!!!!!

• Like 2

Me too, hope it hits the spot. I’ve been craving it every since I chopped my male on my first grow. Maybe that will be like @Hamme Hydro with Amnesia, he never needs another strain ever...lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

Me too, hope it hits the spot. I’ve been craving it every since I chopped my male on my first grow. Maybe that will be like @Hamme Hydro with Amnesia, he never needs another strain ever...lol

You know, I AM going to have that damn A.H. ....................one way or the other...................................Did they root yet Hamme......................................??????????????????LOL!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

I have never had it either, never seen it, smelled it, nor burned it.........................someone here needs to send us both a joints worth to try...................  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m taking cuts of the Silverfields before I flip. So yeah, you are on the “send dude some weed” list....  but if SF is that good, you all might be ass out :rofl

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

I’m taking cuts of the Silverfields before I flip. So yeah, you are on the “send dude some weed” list....  but if SF is that good, you all might be ass out :rofl

I DID NOT MEAN YOU bro........................................  LMAO!! I meant someone here who ALREADY HAS her needs to send us some....SO WE KNOW if we want to run it.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't read one post to make me not want it.. heh. I'm halfway there, if I my JC Haze turn out to be female. I have 3 all in different shape, lol.. man another study in stressing a plant. Gotta be tough to make it around here. We had death con 5 nuclear sun 2 days ago and 25-30 mph winds all day every day.. They weren't hardened enough for all of that. But I had just potted them up and they were happy for that and survived the last 3 days, beat up but growing new growth. The stems aren't floppy anymore.. ha. They stiffened up pretty good in the tornado weather.

I chopped all of my males instead of trying to collect pollen from 7 males. So, let them all go. Clipped them about 4 inches above the dirt and dumped them into the compost pile. Yesterday, I look down and a SifiBlaze has a couple of leaves poppin out.. lol.. I'm gonna let him come on up and use him maybe. I always like a good sign. All the others went right on to the big sleep. I left the pots all out in the yard and never watered. I like that sort of vigor!

peace

• Like 2

A short update...I’ve been down and out for a few days. Threw my back out again. Typically happens about once a year or so, been almost 18 months since my last epidural, probably time for another. I am finally able to walk around, (if you can call it that, more like gimp around). But hey, I’m not bitching, there are a whole lot of people in worse condition than me....

Anyways, please don’t mind the girls are hungry in the pics. First time in the grow room for a couple of days I missed a feeding yesterday.  Rhino Blood and Cartel Haze are a little sad looking, they don’t like it when I can’t walk to the grow room and give the love. But they got fed and will look great in an hour.

ECFABCC9-4275-4090-9E1C-9DE18F055978.thumb.jpeg.80c5ce0cfc69a7a8e552d6a69c0bbb3f.jpeg

Rhino Blood in the octo...I think I am going to flip it with the rest of the room. Roots are in the res, I’m sure it will do fine. 

E1D38B39-DC98-44F9-8546-D6A8977B29B5.thumb.jpeg.67c71ba7e50033ee11eb076c066f5525.jpeg

Napali Pink in octopots.

009BE5B1-F365-431B-8A45-89D5F660A435.thumb.jpeg.c4c4781fc210c1db38e304563916edb6.jpeg

5EA7AF6B-3A91-4EDD-B0D2-FF82CE99D8EF.thumb.jpeg.d440cfa2c4d2f97c7dd0cafe2b4a521d.jpeg

I am am going to take some more cuts in a couple of days. But here are the first two that got taken about 9 days ago. They do root well...it would be expected from clone only strains though.

BB277899-2318-403B-A32D-66FF60CE674D.thumb.jpeg.34138d13aff50d5401b81fade43fbb6d.jpeg

D3316C6F-DC54-42E8-9C13-6705C7421D87.thumb.jpeg.1acd87f22e202e3b0e677a6e7213eb47.jpeg

Thats it for now. Still got to move the octos out and get the lights flipped...every day I wait is a day later I harvest. Don’t need to be interrupting my ability to go scouting for deer. 

Happy grows to all of you.

• Like 6

JC do you have DDD? You know I could not even lift an empty laundry basket, but CBD has changed all that. :) It heals bones, think it heals ligaments too. We need more studies lol but seriously get on a regular regimen of eating CBD, your back will TY for it.

• Like 2

Everything is getting big in there.............................hope your back lets up a bit where you can move stuff around. How quick did Pink root????

Good strong roots too!

OOOPs....I saw..................about 9 days huh.....................good.

18 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

JC do you have DDD? You know I could not even lift an empty laundry basket, but CBD has changed all that. :) It heals bones, think it heals ligaments too. We need more studies lol but seriously get on a regular regimen of eating CBD, your back will TY for it.

I have needed surgery for many years stemming from an military injury back in 1990. I have been avoiding it by getting the epidurals the last several years. They work awesome for me. Typically all pain gone within an hour of getting the shot, and lasts for months. And yes, CBD helps quite a bit, though I do need to take it regularly. Actually, I smoked some Onyx Fire night before last. I was almost bed ridden for a  couple of days. Three hits of Onyx Fire from a joint and 90% of my pain went away in about 3 minutes. But only lasted about an hour. Even smoking more didn’t do anything. The next day, same thing. Seems like when the weed first kicks in all the pain subsides, then slowly comes back. I’m guessing the initial relaxation it provides reduces all the muscle pain, but the actual injury isn’t getting hit. Then slowly the injury starts the spasms back up. 

I think part of the problem is I’m not as physically active as I used to be, overall, my muscles are weaker so when the flare up happens, it effect them much more and more intense. I just need to start working out and exercising again. 

Thanks for the advise. 

• Like 2

Smoking is cool for quick pain relief, but the miracle is found when you Eat it. :)

BTW, I think that is what happened with this frozen shoulder, all though I work it everyday, I don't work it in a way to keep it from locking. Thing froze up on me again, took me 9 months last time. This time I said oh NO MOFO you are not laying me up again. I pushed that thing, made my arm go up in the air, crack, pop, pain from hell, damn near blinded me it hurt so bad! But I got it unstuck, tears running down my face lol. I know I have to exercise this thing everyday or I am gonna be laid up again. Thinking what else might lock up? lol better start yoga or something. old age aint' for wimps

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your back bro! Luckily starving the plants during veg makes them strong!

Get well soon, peace!

• Like 3

Do you have any good exercises you can do to help regain mobility?  I have a history of back problems (stemming from muscular dystrophy.)  I have had the epidurals too.  

At the advice of doctors i began to explore yoga.  That has been very helpful.  I don't practice yoga anymore.  But i still use the discipline of standing and moving with a correct posture.

I had a flair up in January.  The posture muscles had atrophied because i sit so much now.  So i had to activate those muscles and get them working again.  Once I was able to do that, the flair-up came to an end.  I mostly focused on exercises i learned from a book called Pain Free by Pete Egoscue.  This book has a number of excellent simple exercises that can bring your back back to health.

+++

Your plants look good.

• Like 1

Thank you for that link. I have deteriorating back myself from bad accident in '81. My neck, too. I used to do lots of stretches and it does make all the difference. I need to get back to some sort of regimen for sure. I good book would really help. peace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gardener said:

Do you have any good exercises you can do to help regain mobility?  I have a history of back problems (stemming from muscular dystrophy.)  I have had the epidurals too.  

Yes I do, and I stretch it every day also.

I am feeling pretty good today. Another 2 or 3 days and I’ll be back to 100%. As long as I don’t screw it up...just got to baby it. Besides, I’m wanting to go dirt bike riding...the weather is perfect for it. 

• Like 1

Heh, you sound like me... have to baby everything up so you can go out and try hard as hell to screw it up again.. ahh, aint life great?!

• Haha 1