•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

FlaTransplant

Saving E$cobars Strains

Personally Im tired of the Bullshyt and drama that seem to surround various types of people... I couldnt give a rats azz anymore about popular opinion...I just want to do whats right and kind...and Fk the rest (sorry, I havent smoked in a bit and feelin a tad raw: Im in the midst of moving too...grrrrrrr). We have people with serious ailments and seriously compromised life styles and we worry about the opinions of people we dont even CARE about? Not me. Even those who arn't hurting have the right to GOOD smoke (life is short...live it the best we can). Im at a place in my life were changes are being made...and Ill be damned if i allow narrow minded attitudes to constrain my options..again life is too short and precious.

Ive ordered the Jalliscos that are available (IBL and Jaze) and hope to seek out the Lady canes and Chocolate Rains from the other sources. Ill make pure seeds and some crosses that I will send in to Sannie as freebees (if all goes as I intend)... I will gladly accept whatever runs ya'll have done with Escos gear..especially if you just made seeds of his strains (pure).

Do any of you recall if esco liked his Lovepotion crosses?

As I told Santero..I will disclose that I am considering entering seed production as a serious profession/hobby (if i can make that happen)...but none of this has anything to do with my shock and surprise at Escos departure or my desire to see his lines sustained (I had shared this info with esco...he told me of how desired he was by various breeders and the options he had... Barneys Farm etc. We had talked about genetics etc (he was moving his operations to bigger/better circumstances YET esco was having issues with his sons health at the time and I didnt want to crowd the man). I just wanted to state that in case anyone assumes i may have ulterior motives here.

Thanks for the interest folks... I think we all may be able to do a bit of good here.

Cheers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If all goes right I may have a chance at working some Choc Rain seeds. I'll keep you posted. Not sure how long it'll take as I'd want to make sure all is set up good before I start. I have some Chucky's f3 and that's it for the Esko gear. I have some Aztec fems. but that's about it except for a cross or two with Boudica and Holy P. I'd love to collect his stuff. Hell, wouldn't everybody, heh.

Best vibes on the endeavor bro!

peace

mrG

• Like 4

first chocorain seed was a dub, got a new in wet towels instead of the plugs, so i can keep an eye on the progress, it better make it! only pack i got :cry

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 8:42 PM, HUFFnPUFF said:

first chocorain seed was a dub, got a new in wet towels instead of the plugs, so i can keep an eye on the progress, it better make it! only pack i got :cry

2nd not doing anything either :wacko::wacko::wacko:

When the seed will not germ in 72 hours I crack the shell some or just open it and let the embryo out.  Clean hands or gloves.

• Like 2

I keep hoping I will piss him off enough to shut me up hehe

I know, all good things....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, spacemanspiff said:

I have about a hundred chocolate rain crossed with dynasty caramel candy kush. I wish I had time to try my luck and find something special.

go for it! :showoff:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, santero said:

esKobar's gear was killer. good to see more people trying to preserve their packs.

i have the original mothers and can ressurect the lines, if need be. nothing is lost ;)

Man I need to grow lady cane! I bought some seeds I didnt even want just to get esko's last freebees and the package never arrived :( 

#saveesko'sgems

• Like 2

This is a 29 day old cheesy pineapple smelling Maury povich, smells just like chuckys bride and very indica in structure.i might cross this with my kush leaning chocolate rain male then cross one of its offspring back into the cheesy pineapple mother.

unfortunately I never kept any esko strains because i didn’t have room for mother’s until recently, luckily I had some old seeds to work with but I only have Aztec rain left, which are fems :(

9ED7DBAA-759E-4D5C-A660-DE61ABD52213.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/7/2018 at 12:30 AM, spacemanspiff said:

I have about a hundred chocolate rain crossed with dynasty caramel candy kush. I wish I had time to try my luck and find something special.

Absolute winner

Choco Rain and Holy Princess are my favorite strains. I grew a CR and one hit took me right back to 1975 Thai stick. A HP I grew had an amazing taste and stone. I am smoking first fruits of a CR grow right now. Planted my last 6 CR and made beans. When OG Goji first dropped years ago on Attitude I nabbed some and made beans. I grew some of these F2 OG Gojis with the CR and made CR-OG beans. Not sure what to expect from them.

Next up is to grow my last package of Holy Princess unless someone has a better idea from these other strains

Some more gear I have to grow.  Esko gave out three strains of Blueberry(from Somas BB),,,,,,Blue Hammer,,,,,,Kinky Cheese,,, Cheeseberry haze,,,,,,,,Cheeseberry,,,,,,,,,Boudica,,,,,,Blue Hammer,,,,,,,,,Anesthesia,,,,,,,,,Purple Storm.

I miss Esko and I pray all is well with he and his family.

• Like 3

Well

Ok maybe it can be done.

These are My musings...

They mean nothing.

Reviewing shit, obviously mindless nailed the CB.

Mindless, I will make seeds

But it's You who should make

THE seeds.

Your fucking good at that shit.

I'm still trying to understand pheno types and the effect environment has and how it can change phenos right beside each other of the very same clones.

But that's my book shit to deal with and I will plod on.

Now as to why this could be done?

Is eskos the best on the planet?

Fuck if I know, I am in neaderthal land.

I see thousands of strains,new creations all the time.

My mind goes back to Esko

I used to ask when b

Vannilla sky or blueberry sativa would return.

He would tell me the past was the past and we press on with

The search for new and unique

Things.

That's why I never stuck with one plant like CB.

We were always testing new creations.

What I say I say in public

The man can call me a lie if indeed I lie.

Now I can not explain verbatem his thoughts and words but what I came away with was forget the old and think to the future and the new.

My experience, yours may vary.

So yes, for nostalgia, for fond memories of taste and friendship's I see why folks want to do it.

I understand well Esko was a fucking genius that way.

I also appreciate his personal taste as what we smoke reflects that much.

But I see so much new, exciting things .

So for me I'm torn,strains are like old friends, hard to say goodbye but excited for what the future holds.

But for those who do faithfully and expertly preserve Eskos

Lines as well has he can

Cheers.

males to females ... it's that easy ... no rocket science ...

anyone can (and should) make f2's of esko's lines ... PEOPLE PRESERVE, please !!

(the results will always convince since esko nailed it way before us all, lol ... )

BIG UP @MiNdLesS

... another classic saved *relief*

• Like 4

Curious the variations that come up in Chuck's Bride, F2's.   Reminds me a bit of Kali Mist, all the plants look pretty uniform, but the main differences come in the scent.   In Kali's, I get everything from garlic, to Hawaiian Punch scents.  CB seems to lean towards the C99 a bit, in my experience, towards the fruity side.  I've got three now that look pretty identical, but three very distinct scents, but you can tell they are all Chucky's Bride.  Think it's the cheese side that makes them stand out, as it's there in all of them, some blue, some cheddar, I'm still looking for the rare baked brie with raspberries pheno.   :).    

I've got close to a thousand seeds, I'll bet, from a slightly over zealous pollination attempt 5 years ago.     Ok, Ok, I admit it, I confess,  I left a male in my flower room for too long!!!!    But, glad I did.  The tall, floppy, annoying to grow, fruity phenos tend to finish about a week faster.   

" I'm still trying to understand pheno types and the effect environment has and how it can change phenos right beside each other"

Why?   You've been on that for awhile now, I'm just curious why it's so important to you.  What are you trying to accomplish or understand?  It's well established, no amount of stress is going to change the DNA in a plant, although it may change how the pheno expresses itself.   A proper environment isn't going to create that kind of stress anyway, a poor environment isn't going to change a Chucky's Bride C99 dominant pheno to a Cheese dominant pheno, no matter what you do.

Just asking why it's so important to you.      

ha, that's cuz these are the cindy phenos ...

the classic cindy has floppy arms and esko used the real deal.

same as the cheese, the one esko passed up is the uk exodus.

(he also used the big buddha cheese a few times, but not in CBr.)

this phenothingie is exaggreated, imo ...

i have not seen much difference from growing the same clones right side by side.

the branching is not the same , of course (duh, lol), but the rest like smells, flotimes,

eating habits, yields ... is all the same. also, what they pass up is the same, no matter

the conditions ... genetics can't be changed just by looking wrong at them.

you go in the sun = you get a suntan ... not actually change skintones.

what i did experience is:

that the same clone grown from two differnt people CAN bring in some different nuances

(like in taste or effect). but that just depends on the methods of drying and curing and also

what kind of nutes were used ect ... but these differences are SUBTLE (!). the plants/phenos

are unmistakingly still the same, especially easy to see when growing known elites like bubba,

cheese and other very known cultivars.

and again, toker: ... all of this phenothingie has ZERO influence while creating seeds.

if you use the same father to the same mother, the results will always stay the same ...

one only needs to keep them alive by cloning (which has happened in esko's case ;) ).

as long as re-made f1s are not around, it is the best thing to preserve what you have.

hopefully everybody to not just let them go to waste, make f2's of these gems. they are

some of the best seeds in cannaworld. he had very nice clones available and the right

mindset to combine those with the fitting lines he grew from seed. he had good taste !

he still is and will always be my main drive for any canna-related thngs i do... *bowing*

• Like 7

Hey San,

[what i did experience is:

that the same clone grown from two differnt people CAN bring in some different nuances

(like in taste or effect). but that just depends on the methods of drying and curing and also

what kind of nutes were used ect ... but these differences are SUBTLE (!). the plants/phenos

are unmistakingly still the same, especially easy to see when growing known elites like bubba,

cheese and other very known cultivars.]

I'm seeing this effect right now San, I gave Honey Badger Haze (cuttings) to the new gardens I've set up for folks. Since I had been using bottled nutrients, that was how they learned.

However, one of them started using things like Sweet, Grape, seeking a grape taste, instead of seeking grape in the genetics. What I beg them to do.

Now when we all get together for  a gardeners smoke out, to talk what we are learning, just talk and toke up, maybe swap some seeds or cuttings, the Sweet fed HBH stand out like a fart in a elevator. In fact every cutting I gave them, now tastes and smells like grapes....fake fucking grapes.

Yes, it has a grape taste, Yes it has a grape smell with your nose in the bag, but I however, can NOT take a hit without going into a spastic coughing fit. Like it ruins my chill calm experience. It really offended my friend, as I pass on the grape HBH as it's passed around.

I do not even want to get into the whole organic is better than bottle fed plants. However all you need to to do is listen, fake grape HBH and the room is coughing as it's passed around. Organic HBH is much quieter, way less hacking, same fantastic buzz.

To me, The Sweet, flavors must simply add more Thiols to the stalk of the trichrome, the same buzz is there, but the throat does NOT feel the same between the 2.

Just my $.02

• Like 3

If we ever go legal I will delve deeper San.

You know the space , time etc required.

For now I am attempting to breed WW.

But I'm already not happy

One plant loves my set up and has already gave clones that thrive.

The other is not as bad as pitiful papya but it's not doing as good.

If they are boy girl it's all I have to work with.

I tried 20 seeds...2 lived

So did I get winners loosers

Or one of each?

Time will tell

But right there you see my dilemma

No space, no where near enough specimens to get a real feel, and I suspect before I even. Breed these I should be running them and see what they are first,so right out the gate 2 problems.

Then we have the picking the right offspring to back cross to the mother if I got this right

To make F1 that is stable but I still have to pick the winner out of them.

A lot of work bro....

One day maybe if we go legal

I will do more than dip my feet.

My space is limited and it's for production.

I have 2 flowe cabs with 9 plants and 30 plus clones waiting

Mindless is sending me a crap load of things to explore

And I have my GG And Colorado cookies and cash crop autos to all get done.

But I sleep good knowing you guys will Do it.

• Like 1

ooh yeah i remember this one, buddah :) very nice one.

the fem retail release was from from his regular freebie

version of cocoa kush female to a true bb male, amazing.

i have fems and regs in my stash.

• Like 2