•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

FlaTransplant

Saving E$cobars Strains

1 hour ago, santero said:

ooh yeah i remember this one, buddah :) very nice one.

the fem retail release was from from his regular freebie

version of cocoa kush female to a true bb male, amazing.

i have fems and regs in my stash.

So the freebies are regs? It doesn’t say on the packet if they are regs or fems, just says freebie x4

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:28 AM, santero said:

ha, that's cuz these are the cindy phenos ...

the classic cindy has floppy arms and esko used the real deal.

same as the cheese, the one esko passed up is the uk exodus.

(he also used the big buddha cheese a few times, but not in CBr.)

this phenothingie is exaggreated, imo ...

i have not seen much difference from growing the same clones right side by side.

the branching is not the same , of course (duh, lol), but the rest like smells, flotimes,

eating habits, yields ... is all the same. also, what they pass up is the same, no matter

the conditions ... genetics can't be changed just by looking wrong at them.

you go in the sun = you get a suntan ... not actually change skintones.

what i did experience is:

that the same clone grown from two differnt people CAN bring in some different nuances

(like in taste or effect). but that just depends on the methods of drying and curing and also

what kind of nutes were used ect ... but these differences are SUBTLE (!). the plants/phenos

are unmistakingly still the same, especially easy to see when growing known elites like bubba,

cheese and other very known cultivars.

and again, toker: ... all of this phenothingie has ZERO influence while creating seeds.

if you use the same father to the same mother, the results will always stay the same ...

one only needs to keep them alive by cloning (which has happened in esko's case ;) ).

as long as re-made f1s are not around, it is the best thing to preserve what you have.

hopefully everybody to not just let them go to waste, make f2's of these gems. they are

some of the best seeds in cannaworld. he had very nice clones available and the right

mindset to combine those with the fitting lines he grew from seed. he had good taste !

he still is and will always be my main drive for any canna-related thngs i do... *bowing*

Hey SAN, are you talking about the Chucky's Bride? I have some f3s made by BeachBud and only grew out one, but what a winner. I wouldn't mind making some seedstock, too. Thanks for all the fun information!

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Ive got about a thousand Chuckys Bride seeds, taken on purpose from three different phenotypes, ought to be able to “reconstruct” a reasonable facsimile of CB from those    My Chuckys Comin for Christmas thread  I’m just finishing has pics, the three are all very similar in structure, smells are all a bit different.  

I love trying new strains, and with what I have in my personal seedbank, I could grow and breed new crosses the rest of my life already, and never grow the same ones twice.  Which reminds me, I NEED those Jillybean and Barney’s Farm LSD seeds, lol.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  My your day be filled with peace.   

• Like 1

Sounds good! I need to get that pic of mine up. It was cool to go back and look at it again. It was a beauty in every way.

Here we go... 

Chucky's f3 made by Beachbud .. It started getting lots of pinkish color to it and the calyxes turned deep red under the buds. All buds were big and fat and not too dense.

IMG_2069.thumb.jpg.90aee3f9889f7254bfda841e3a20d6df.jpg

IMG_2128.thumb.jpeg.f80f3536e4baccdb334c84b76e98e5f0.jpeg

peace

mrG

edit: 2nd pic shows some of the red calyxes.

• Like 9

On 11/18/2018 at 6:49 AM, Toker said:

Is eskos the best on the planet?

He would tell me the past was the past and we press on with

The search for new and unique

Things.

I agree with you in principal but all that is is built upon all that was.... and these strains are great on their own and as building blocks for the new...Hence my alarm that they are disappearing.

Thank you for the post!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FlaTransplant said:

I agree with you in principal but all that is is built upon all that was.... and these strains are great on their own and as building blocks for the new...Hence my alarm that they are disappearing.

Thank you for the post!

Totally agree with pressing on with the new but some strains deserve preservation and eskos strains definitely deserve to be including in the building blocks of the new flavours.

chocolate rain and chocolate cheese are some of the strongest and most flavoursome weed I’ve ever tried, my chocolate rain keeper is possibly the best keeper i have all round, nothing ever comes close in resin, flavour, smell, strength, the whole pack package.

It would be a travesty if Escobar strains fading away into obscurity I think

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 4:47 AM, santero said:

esKobar's gear was killer. good to see more people trying to preserve their packs.

i have the original mothers and can ressurect the lines, if need be. nothing is lost ;)

Oh man!   You are one lucky feller thats for sure.    

Saw this thread the other day and had to take some inventory. I have some gems, but the Mothers are the true ticket to Esko greatness. Man you should do a run of Choc cheese ! That is a masterpiece.

Too bad hes done, but hopefully you can keep some of his greats going. I need to do a boudica, choc cheese, HP run with a couple of Sannies SP for good measure. 

• Like 2

Chocolate Rain keepers are a treat...I would have kept my Strawberry Yogurt smellin girl if I had known I was doing a one off... Probably be a great cross to Apollo and C99

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FlaTransplant said:

Chocolate Rain keepers are a treat...I would have kept my Strawberry Yogurt smellin girl if I had known I was doing a one off... Probably be a great cross to Apollo and C99

I’d like to try tame the stretch of my chocolate rain keeper by crossing it with Aunt of Farouk or some indica and possibly bringing some couchlock into the party

Small lower branch nug of my choco rain keeper, excuse the crappy picture taken with my iPhone with the lights on, my camera is at the in-laws 

Such a frosty lady

this is 6.5 weeks and gets cut at 9.5, smells of strawberry laces intensified 100x such a sharpe sweet smell

7BB72506-06D0-4A61-A3EF-7FC02B784FA2.jpeg

• Like 6

What I would love to do is get my grubby hands on a pack or 2 of double chocolate regs and cross a male of that to my keeper chocolate rain :D

would that then be classed as triple chocolate?

id gift the lot to sannie for freebies

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 1:03 AM, buddah_fingah said:

What I would love to do is get my grubby hands on a pack or 2 of double chocolate regs and cross a male of that to my keeper chocolate rain :D

would that then be classed as triple chocolate?

id gift the lot to sannie for freebies

How many phenos did you find in your chocolate rain? Didn’t realise eskobar had stopped making seeds, I’ve had a pack of chocolate rain in the fridge for years alongside a pack of blue chem freebies which I believe are f1s , might have to pop them 

5 hours ago, Norman Bates said:

How many phenos did you find in your chocolate rain? Didn’t realise eskobar had stopped making seeds, I’ve had a pack of chocolate rain in the fridge for years alongside a pack of blue chem freebies which I believe are f1s , might have to pop them 

All my females were different, some of the plants smelt slightly different, but all had a red fruit berry smell, most were tall apart from 1 that was Kush in stature and abit more blueberry smelling

• Like 2

On 11/18/2018 at 12:53 PM, santero said:

males to females ... it's that easy ... no rocket science ...

anyone can (and should) make f2's of esko's lines ... PEOPLE PRESERVE, please !!

(the results will always convince since esko nailed it way before us all, lol ... )

BIG UP @MiNdLesS

... another classic saved *relief*

It is really sad to hear that Esko stopped breeding, but honestly his output has already slowed down several years before the mexican projects. I just hope he is doing well, I've just listened to a set from his family pictures in memoriam.

After I found Sannie's Shop he quickly became one of my favorite breeders and I inbreed almost all of his strains I had, just like you said San. Still, I don't agree with your opinion regarding the quality of the FX's in general. While I also doubt that the influence of epigenetics on hemp is that crucial, in my experience some strains really fall apart (wild phenos all over the place, no plants resembling the F1 at all) in F2.

In my opinion Eskos best strains were Lady Cane (especially the F2, which I sadly don't have anymore, only an F4 and F5 based on the F3), ChemDawg x True Blueberry (@Norman Bates; you should really pop these seeds!),  Cheeseberry99, Blueberry Sativa and  Chocolate Rain. But honestly none of his strains disappointed. Well... I didn't really like  the seeds from the  BBI project, but that was prerelease and he never released them. One of my favorite own crosses includes his genetic as well, and a strain you (San) also had a few more years ago if I recall correctly: Actual Satia x (ChemDawgxTrue Blueberry)  

Thanks for all the nice smoke Esko. 

• Like 5

@Tarantoga

ow, yeah i got that one too lol ... and like 50 mre or so *crazy*

what i mean is that preserving the line as a whole is possible by just open pollinating.

it's true, refining/selecting is harder this way from generation to generation of course.

but openpollies are not made in all generations, just in the first (f1 to f2) to secure all possible expres-

sions the line bears and then select from there (if you don't select from this point on the line indeed can

"detoriate", yes, but usually not after just one time ... this can be observed by growing more then a few

beans, becuz then the percentual expression is easier to see ;)).

you are right, though ... without selections, a line can very fast go to shit ... but preverving the lines

is what needs to happen now first. later capable people have a chance to work these lines into some-

thing that is true to esko's idea of the mating in question.

but until then, a simple back-up goes a long way. better then to loose the whole cake, imo.

otherwise you would have not done this yourself with every single line, right? ;) and then

you worked from there, a very smart way to go at it, brother *kudos* ... esko himself has

taught me this: first generation open polly, next ones select for you goal, that's what the

"f2" is basically good and there for = treasure chest / route-chooser for the line in general.

it's good to read from you, hope you are doing well, bro :)

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 2:43 PM, santero said:

... preverving the lines is what needs to happen now first.

later capable people have a chance to work these lines into something ...

This. This is what needs to be happening. This is also why I haven't touched some of my eskobar packs. Need to open pollinate them and dedicate uninterrupted time + space to do it. Only going to have one or two packs per strain to attempt so I have no interest in approaching it lightly or haphazardly. Currently busy searching through Hashbean's Klar (santero knows, I think)

• Like 4

Interesting talk on the open pollination.   Wish I had all the space and time to do some of those with my  Chucky's Bride Seed stock.   I've got a Mom I'm going to hold onto for awhile.  I'v also crossed Chucky with KO Kush, and Black Widow, but haven't run them yet.  Think I did a Chucky's x Apollo 11.  Endless possibilities.  

Seems so few strains get worked down into super stability like Sannie's Jack.  His F8, F9's are rock solid stable, hardly any variation, and all seem to flower right at 9 and half to ten weeks.  Good stuff!      

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

Chucky's x Apollo 11.

Bro; I think I am really in love with this one:wub:.

I popped only 1 Blue Rocket. Sadly only 4 seeds left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunnyvale said:

Bro; I think I am really in love with this one:wub:.

I popped only 1 Blue Rocket. Sadly only 4 seeds left.

Yeah, I snagged some of the Bohdi Apollo 11 BX F3's awhile back when he was still running them, waited 6 months on Attitude, then they sold out in a couple days.  It's some darn tasty smoke, and would compliment Chucky's, in that it's "pineapple Cheetos" tasting, which is pretty good description.  Also, the pheno I ran for almost a year flowered in 6 and half weeks on the nose, fastest plant I've ever grown, shorter, bushier, although A11 also has some real stretchers in her genes.  It may improve the structure of Chucky, too, as it's a much prettier plant, great bag appeal, as the buds are all little pebbles of orange haired goodness.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1