•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

FlaTransplant

Saving E$cobars Strains

Thanks San, you rock!

• Like 1

please let me clear up what esko's "BBS" is made from, since some eager

hunters (you know who you are, hehe) don't even really have a clue what

they even are so crazy for ^_^

it was not just one combination that was repeadetly released. all 3 batches of BBS

were different (and in private he kept separately working on the sativa & indica lines).

but i believe much of the craze around his BB's is mostly nostalgia / lack of availability.

1st release of "BBS":

sativa thai BB-girl from TB, pollinated with a long stretch-red stem blueberry sativa male

(from the old BB-indica packs) ... NOT the same male as in blue rocket, cheeseberry ect.

2nd and 3rd release of "BBS":

each different  ... worked lines, IX's and re-combinations of his own "BBS"-work.

he went for shorter flo, while trying to keep the line true to it's name/expression.

nobody seems to have noticed this and many are just asking me for "his BBS" today ^_^

i wonder why no one just goes for DJ's releases ... they are all still available, lol ... most of

those desperate BBS-seekers seem to thnik esko didn't start with these genetics (?) or he

made some "magic" and changed them somehow (... while he sure did not).

i will keep working his stock, at the moment i am at 9 weeks flo with a more TB-leaning profile,

BUT i don't have plans to release that anytime soon, sorry ... my last post should still be very

good news to anyone looking for esko's BBS work. 

if you want a sub, then grab some of KOMA KREATIONS work @ sannie's shop ... their BBS is

a reeferman BBS x motarebel BBI-combo ... both also from DJ Short stock (so "the BB of a BB").

and it's basically the same formula: as in BBS x BBI, but in a different selection and staring a bit

further down the line (with two already worked lines, that is NOT a bad thing, people !) ... his re-

sults will be consistent(, considering what he says he started with).

KOMA's actually sounds like a carbon-copy of what esko's BBS did ... knock u-self out fellas ;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hola, Santero. This line hits it on the head:

but i believe much of the craze around his BB's is mostly nostalgia / lack of availability.

I've played with the BBS for years now. It's a nice plant, and as another grower once told me - Love the one's your with. It's easy to look at things not in your garden and fantasize about how life would be better if I just had those.

More recently I've been growing some Amnesia Haze x Choco Rain. The AZ x CR is very nice, and I'm hoping to get a seed run going (I dusted a bud this run, but looking for a more substantial harvest on the next).

Thanks for all your info, I usually paste it into text file of whatever chemovar I'm researching. Your a goldmine of really good weed info, bro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been building an open pollinated  santa maria line that started with eskos BlueSanta (Santa Maria x red stretch blueberry male). Has that great "red berry"  fragrance that people love.. so far I have crossed in Santa Maria from no mercy seeds, and will be adding in holy princess next. 

I believe eskobar released a seed round of Santa Maria , I am looking for seeds from that release or anything that's at least 50% Santa Maria

@Santero did you get Eskobars Santa Maria stock ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Santero - is there any of Escobar's strains that you have both male and female, you can do a small run of and just re-release it with no work? Just a simple grow/dust release?

I'd really like to get some blue rocket, chocolate rain or chucky's bride. They were good, I have a couple crosses, but lost the moms. Would like to go back and search for some

new keepers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

uhm, yes ...

that's exactly what i have tried to bring across, mates. 

(... is anyone reading along? :lol: *heehee*)

i am working on a way to fully tribute eskobar and his classic lines and

also release some of his unfinished ideas, while making sure that the rare

stuff, like freebies / side-projects / testlines and some of his private pro-

jects also (re-)appear.

this is not about money for me tho, so ... no "no work"-runs for me (ever).

i am busy working non-stop over this already, doing that on top of the derg

corra repros AND my very own projects, so ...

i'll just say what he also always loved to say, when asked about developments:

patience is a virtu

:lol::wub:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@PurpleBuz

ow yeah, i remember his "cerise d'exo planck"-fems. very tastybut a bit small plants.

i actually have one single lady of that going right now to compare it to the clone, lol.

here she is:

DSC06801.thumb.JPG.16c2b2a18fbe27cbbed4636b589038ea.JPG

btw, purplebuz ...

i think you might find the first thing i am about to "bring back" quite interesting: (cerise x chocolate rain).

it is a very rare tester of esko's... released on a tiny scale. she'll get the time on stage she deserves soon.

you can also check upon the strawberrry lemons, it has the cerise as a mother.

LT is very stable / changes the offspring to a lot of her (very desired) traits , tho.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

cerise x chocolate rain !!!  exciting, must be packed with flavors.  can't wait!

I have found that the santa maria flavors carry into crosses really well making it good breeding stock. Probably the reason why esko made so many crosses with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for taking on this project. I'm sure you will make a lot of people happy, including me! I missed most of his strains by the time I joined here. I only have seeds from one, Aztec Rain. 

I have f3 seeds of Chucky's Bride by Beach, and it was fabulous. He did very good on his selection. It has a great structure and produced large buds with lots of soft colors.

I may want to seek your advice soon, @Santero. I have 5 regular Choco Rain seeds that were given to me to produce an open pollination f2. I plan on letting them have a party together and hope for lots of seeds. I should find one male in 5 seeds, I hope so.

But, I missed some of Esko's best stuff and I hope I get to finally smoke some in the future. I have crosses with Boudica and it always seems to come through. I never had the Santa Maria but it always interested me. 

Anyway, I'm sort of half asleep, I just woke up... late. I hope you find some time to sleep. It sounds like you have a lot going on. You may have to do the Esko stuff for money. Otherwise we may all drive you crazy! 

Best vibes on the projects. I always love seeing what you come up with. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sounds great.

When you reproduce Chocolate Cheese (Cheese x Cocoa Kush), I'll be in line.

I have some Cheese x Chocolate Rain seeds from Esko. I should probably give them a try one of these days.

• Like 2

Same here. I'd love to get that Choco Cheese.

Isn't Cheeseberry an Esko strain? I always hear great stuff about it. I'd like to get that as well.

• Like 1

I remember having the test pack from when Esko created Cheeseberry.

It was a 16 pack for a regular 10 pack price, 4x4 seeds containing "cheese x lavender", "cheese x cocoa kush" (not 100% certain on this one), "cheese x blueberry" and "cheese x buddha's sister". I really liked the latter, it was like silk in the mouth and so smooth, yum yum.

Edit: Maybe he was creating Choc Rain, it's been seven years my memory could be faulty. Remember the pack though and being impressed with the plants.

• Like 1

Budda sisters

Ahh i remember them

A cherry one if i recall?

Gl yall

Those were fun.

• Like 1

P1010004.JPG.01ec5d7cc2159fb43c316d1c268fbfc5.JPG

Seeds are a little beat old so i wish i have at least 50% that pop ^^

• Like 3

On 9/22/2018 at 3:47 AM, santero said:

esKobar's gear was killer. good to see more people trying to preserve their packs.

i recieved the original genetics and can ressurect the lines, if need be. nothing is lost ;)

Please remake Holy Princess. To me, the best he did of the ones I ran. I really miss having her, the taste was unique. I ran plenty of Boudica, which I liked too, but not as much as Holy P.

I know many here would also love to have her back . IF I missed where you talked about her I am sorry.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JetDro said:

Please remake Holy Princess. To me, the best he did of the ones I ran. I really miss having her, the taste was unique. I ran plenty of Boudica, which I liked too, but not as much as Holy P.

I know many here would also love to have her back . IF I missed where you talked about her I am sorry.

I read that Indy had some seed left  of holy princess x heri 

• Like 3

i do have permission to re-create his work and some hommage
will do appear sometime in the future, but nothing in a big scale.
(just creating 'copycats' has ZERO priority on my schedule, tbh.)

esko has 100% trust in my original work. that's why i got access ;)

• Like 2

Have a bunch of Holy Princess F2's, very cherry flavored plant, kind of stockier than Chucky's, but not my favorite kind of high.   I prefer Chucky's, have hundreds of seeds, but frankly, she's just not worth the hassle to grow, most pheno's have gawd awful structure, long, spindly, bee bee sized larfy arse buds, that taste great, with a great high.   Pretty boutique stuff.

I know there's better Chucky pheno's out there, but they seem to be outliers.  

Kudos to Santero for working with his stuff, few strains are as universally loved as Chucky's Bride.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 7:24 PM, coxnox said:

P1010004.JPG.01ec5d7cc2159fb43c316d1c268fbfc5.JPG

Seeds are a little beat old so i wish i have at least 50% that pop ^^

good germination rate on f3 even they are 10 years old but cant say the same thing for the f2...

• Like 2