•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

FlaTransplant

Saving E$cobars Strains

i have completed the Jalisco seed run...based on Santeros comments Im not sure that it will be desired...

Does anyone WANT Jalisco?

Personally I was taken by suprise at Escobars departure (for those who havent followed this thread from the beginning) and saw nothing happening to preserve the work he had done (For clarities sake, I am Flatransplant. I changed my name as Doobious is more to my liking) . Santero soon made it known that he has the "keys to the Kingdom" (lol) but it was clear that his priorities and time were not gonna allow the type of sustaining that i had hoped for (optimally: everything, now). I WILL make seed copies (im not proud: The man did great work and it needs to be preserved: in many instances) but that's not my focus (I like playing with crosses etc). Its good to be able to do especially if circumstances dont allow more ATM).

Time is also a killer of seeds...so many of his creations are ticking away and need to be run...or will be lost (again straight runs are desired I would prefer HIS work and not necessarily a cross derived from Escos work... its not the same thing). Again Im aware of Santero's resources... but again Im not sure what he will release or when. He clearly has his own agenda (as he should. The man does good work himself!)

So again: Is Jalisco desired?

Cheers

Doob

• Like 10

I was going to make seeds for a fellow OGer of the Choc Rain regulars, all 5 failed. So, I hope he still has the f1 regular seeds but doubtful. I’m guessing he has the mothers maybe?  I never even got to taste that one. 

• Sad 1

the jalisco is solid.  nice friendly high with gentle comedown. oaxaca is fine, bit of intense feelings.  thc for either might be in the teens.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, Mr Goodfellow said:

I was going to make seeds for a fellow OGer of the Choc Rain regulars, all 5 failed. So, I hope he still has the f1 regular seeds but doubtful. I’m guessing he has the mothers maybe?  I never even got to taste that one. 

I'm still working on those F2 and F3 for you. Let you know soon as they are inhand.

• Like 1

• I will make sure, one way or another that anyone who wants these will get them... it was my thought they would make a good freebee submission.
  • Thanks yesum, its good to see you report on her here... thats also good to hear
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 2/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, Doobious said:

i have completed the Jalisco seed run...based on Santeros comments Im not sure that it will be desired...

Does anyone WANT Jalisco?

Personally I was taken by suprise at Escobars departure (for those who havent followed this thread from the beginning) and saw nothing happening to preserve the work he had done (For clarities sake, I am Flatransplant. I changed my name as Doobious is more to my liking) . Santero soon made it known that he has the "keys to the Kingdom" (lol) but it was clear that his priorities and time were not gonna allow the type of sustaining that i had hoped for (optimally: everything, now). I WILL make seed copies (im not proud: The man did great work and it needs to be preserved: in many instances) but that's not my focus (I like playing with crosses etc). Its good to be able to do especially if circumstances dont allow more ATM).

Time is also a killer of seeds...so many of his creations are ticking away and need to be run...or will be lost (again straight runs are desired I would prefer HIS work and not necessarily a cross derived from Escos work... its not the same thing). Again Im aware of Santero's resources... but again Im not sure what he will release or when. He clearly has his own agenda (as he should. The man does good work himself!)

So again: Is Jalisco desired?

Cheers

Doob

This is extremely generous of you Doobie 

sounds amazing 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Thanks @wisecalyx. I have a couple of people looking. I sure would like to do right by Saxo. I’m hoping I can find some f1s but that’s a real long shot. 

I actually may be getting F2's from two different breeders (one made by sh00pie and the other made by Cannabella Seed Club) so selections should be diverse in an OP. He really wants them remade. As for the F3 holder still waiting to hear back, I would be purchasing these and need to figure out how many I would be getting (I guess he holds 50 beans). These F3 were made by ghettogardener. Not sure if he's responding nowthough, seems my msg has been read.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, santero said:

that's truly amazing, doobius/fla :) *woot*
thank you a LOT for keeping the jalisco alive and around.

Hey @Santero, is there a chance you know of any source that might have any f1s left of Chocolate Rain regular seeds? I’m trying to make some f2s for saxo who donated them but for preservation purposes, too. 

I only had 5, so if I could find that many I would at least be able to start over.

Its probably not the best situation for preservation with only 5 seeds but it would have been a chance to get something. I’ve still never smoked any myself. 

Thanks SAN. You’re the only other place I know to look. Peace

• Like 3

I was able to do one run with Chocolate Rain. Iwas fortunate enuff to get a Strawberry Yogurt Girl.... She was amazing! If i could only clone worth a darn....lol

• Like 2

i have eskobars ck and i have the dna-selected chocolope available.
the tools are here, but no f1's from me ... it's just not my place, nope.
all i'll do for now is reproduce some of the old/rare lines esko made.

EDIT: if anything, i would take on the f4's eskobar passed to me (it's the
line he selected the pheno from for his fems) ... to me it would make not
much sense to start again at anything earlier or use lines from other peo-
ple (b-cuz he had already selected the CR for what he wants her to do).

it's true .. CBSC made a reproduction (renamed and raised the price, of course).
it seems like this is the only source for -at least- f2's, although silas&jamal said
that they "changed the line and it has nothing to do anymore with esko's work".
... but they still called it "strawberry cream pie" ? LOL 

• Like 5

On 2/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, Mr Goodfellow said:

Thanks @wisecalyx. I have a couple of people looking. I sure would like to do right by Saxo. I’m hoping I can find some f1s but that’s a real long shot. 

I’ll tell you what the old time breeders in the dog game would say. “It’s all in the blood” so, even if you start with F2’s you’ll find  most of what’s there is the parents are stable or ibl’s or both. Obviously it’s A matter of running more seed in bunches rather then 5/10 at a time if you are seriously pheno hunting for moms/males. I’s Say start with 25 seed runs and do it again if need be. Both runs will show you the blood and which way to go in your breeding.  Just how I think . 

• Like 2

I’m sure quite a few will want Jalisco. Good you did that. 

As for me esko’s chocolate rain and chocolope = wanted chocolate goodness. 

@santeroi’m Glad you’re comfortable making repro’s they are much appreciated by all !

i like the fact that so many of us are looking to preserve older often forgotten cultivars or hard to forget gear like Eskimo did as well as many other breeders too. 

Makes me wonder if  Warlock now under the serious banner is still worthy or had gone the way of  serious front runners and paradise seeds too. Oh well

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okay. I tested the Jalliscos and they are very vibrant and viable.

Please send me your name and safe addy and ill get them out to you the majority of the rest I will send in to Sannie

Be safe folks... this is the first time ive posted since the Corona Crisis.....

Cheers

• Like 4

Hey friends,  I have to check my seeds, but I have plenty of Esko's work...

Chocolate Rain I'm sure to have at least 8 seeds left. I lauched one last september and had a nice lady, so they're ok.

I'll let you know when I'm sure of what I have left. :D

Cheers !!

• Like 5

I'm back as promised, so from my side :

A full pack of Chocolate Rain F1 : As I said those are ok.

5 Blue Rocket : I tried to launched 2 last year but nothing came :(

4 Chucky Bride : Last year I launched 2... one lady did it

I also have some nla F2 I did a long time ago, Lady Cane F2 as well...

I'm  an Esko's work lover so if I can give something back to the community, be sure to count on me.

I don't have concrete projects for them, so if someone is interested in keeping the fire alive, let me know.

Cheers !!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Boulie that is great to hear...

I have some Boudica seeds that I made and will check to see if they are still viable...if so I think that will be the next seed run I make.

Cheers all!

• Like 3

On 4/9/2020 at 8:50 AM, boulie1942 said:

I'm back as promised, so from my side :

A full pack of Chocolate Rain F1 : As I said those are ok.

5 Blue Rocket : I tried to launched 2 last year but nothing came :(

4 Chucky Bride : Last year I launched 2... one lady did it

I also have some nla F2 I did a long time ago, Lady Cane F2 as well...

I'm  an Esko's work lover so if I can give something back to the community, be sure to count on me.

I don't have concrete projects for them, so if someone is interested in keeping the fire alive, let me know.

Cheers !!

Thats pretty wonderful! 

Nice selections.

I would be down to OP the Ladycane F2 if you'd be interested. Would share far and wide. Would fit in with the Cheeseberry Haze op coming up. 

Have some other gear I've got to share.

Hope you are well.

-Wise

• Like 2

Oh yea that real frosty orange tasting Chocolate Rain, totally still have that.

That went Very Well with both Killingfields (wide leaf) and Silverfields (narrow leaf).  

It's all over my gear.

also have Lady Cane Cheeseberry Haze and so on.

• Like 2

I am willing to trade three feminized seeds of Chocolate Rain. 

I like the strain, having grown it twice.  But given that a lot of people seem to appreciate Chocolate Rain, and given that people are trying to revive Escobar's strains, I thought i would share this with an interested breeder.

Does anyone have something to trade in exchange?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2725.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2726.jpg

Edited by santero
careful, people could take advantage ... please be aware of this kinds of (open) trading = not very secure or save !
  • Like 1

I don't want to feel guilty for consuming the last seeds.

Edited by santero
chocorain WILL be back as regs, no worries ... just enjoy and share your keepers with anyone you deem worthy ... keep it alive and around, please !! that would be best, imho.
  • Like 1