•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Balarama

Sannie's Jack by Balarama

Hello OG,

after a pretty successful grow with Shackzilla it's finally time for the Jack!

Honestly I have no idea why it took so long to get and start some Jack plants, probably mostly because of deciding which Jack to try, well in the end the obvious choice was Sannie's Jack.

My first and only Jack experience was in my early smoking years, in the early 2000's I tried Sensi's Jack Herer(very likely) and still remember it as one of the finest and most complete smoking experiences. The high was full, mind+body and lasted for 3+ hours(I was an early smoker) with a very lemon, incense and woody taste/aromas. Just lovely.

Apparently Sannie took the Jack way further, selecting for his desired traits and I expect it to be a great smoke. Hopefully a bit more cerebral and less stony as I'm a sativa lover.
Let's see what happens.

There are two Jacks, one almost died after sprouting so I popped another and now have two beautiful plants, not the most vigorous but branchy and healthy, pretty similar to Shackzilla at the same stage of growth. Seems there are two phenos, one has just a bit wider leaves and shorter internodes. Still too early to tell, so I'll let them grow to a decent size before judging phenos.

Sannie's Jack (J1)

Jack_1_veg1.thumb.jpg.6f5e37f291b2a8e46d7a472640fb3615.jpg

With the Jacks there will be a Bubba Kush x C99 regular by Cannacopia and The Kore fem by RealGorillaSeeds(Amnesia Core S1). Scrog grow, 200-300W leds in organic soil(15l pots).

Cheers

• Like 4

I think you will be extremely happy with Sannies Jack.  It is definitely a sativa lovers dream. It also rewards with a heavy yield. 

• Like 3

This thread looks dead, I'm such a bad poster, no updates and meanwhile the Jacks are already in mid flowering :P

Sannie's Jack @4 weeks of 12/12

SanniesJack_12nov18xx.thumb.jpg.c66a72101a172b1b4bf3be68a95761e8.jpg

The resin production is insane and the smell...oh, the smell! Crazy lemon cleaner smells, very sharp and fresh, I never had such lemony terpenes, that's why I love this girl. Might become my next keeper.

Also the flowering is pretty fast and plant growth was not as stretchy as expected, this is a very bushy plant with nice even canopy and lots of branches.

More to come soon.

Cheers

• Like 8

The jacks are looking fine dude !

Enjoy the next 5-8 weeks of flowering and keep posting

greets sannie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey, again posting far less than I should :P

These two Jacks are awesome, the aromas are strong lemony and I love them for their smells and overall growth. They seem to be pretty quick to finish, at least the first pheno looks almost done to me. Pics were taken after 65 days of 12/12.

Jack #1

234590492_Jack_almost_done_20dec18l.thumb.jpg.c51dc68432da1d59b4aa309e00da40ad.jpg

Jack-o-vision, mostly Jack #2

661873712_Jacks_FOV_20dec18l.thumb.jpg.3bbed4ff108dfc1f912d8cb22e9a0144.jpg

The Jack #1 seems very close to fully ripe, a bit faster than expected but I'll take it :)
Anyone here with experience to say how much until harvest? I was thinking 1 week max for Jack #1 and 2 weeks for Jack #2.

I flushed the #1 and after 3 days the difference in fan leaf color is amazing, very fast yellowing tells me it's a good time to harvest

Cheers

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Balarama said:

The Jack #1 seems very close to fully ripe, a bit faster than expected but I'll take it :)
Anyone here with experience to say how much until harvest? I was thinking 1 week max for Jack #1 and 2 weeks for Jack #2.

Sounds reasonable to me too!!!

Enjoy those ladies! They look delicious and thanks for sharing...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Balarama said:

Hey, again posting far less than I should :P

These two Jacks are awesome, the aromas are strong lemony and I love them for their smells and overall growth. They seem to be pretty quick to finish, at least the first pheno looks almost done to me. Pics were taken after 65 days of 12/12.

Jack #1

234590492_Jack_almost_done_20dec18l.thumb.jpg.c51dc68432da1d59b4aa309e00da40ad.jpg

Jack-o-vision, mostly Jack #2

661873712_Jacks_FOV_20dec18l.thumb.jpg.3bbed4ff108dfc1f912d8cb22e9a0144.jpg

I flushed the #1 and after 3 days the difference in fan leaf color is amazing, very fast yellowing tells me it's a good time to harvest

Cheers

Yes, all my F8 SJ went almost exactly 9.5-10 weeks, just a day or two between them, F6's were 11-13, as I recall, been awhile, but they were longer and not as consistent.   F8 is rock solid, imo.  We ALL harvest too soon, I'm trying to get back to waiting a few days after I think they are ready, gives that extra little oomph on flavor.       

I like to chop my Jack and stick in in ice water overnight like fresh cut flowers, then pull the large leaves and hang out them to dry.    Firms up the buds, slows down the dry, which is a REAL problem where I am this time of year, stuff drys too fast.    (Actually, doesn't do a dang thing, but makes my house smell awesome!)  

Oh!  I usually use just plain water in my flush, but this time on my Chucky's Bride, I tried Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish, and, I must say, the buds are "cleaner" tasting, burn perfectly, and smell better.  I'm not easily impressed by products, but will definitely try this one again.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @dieseldog381. 9.5- 10 weeks, but even letting it go a couple more will definitely enhance the flavor and mellow out the racy head high that I experienced at 9-10 weeks.  Slow dry and a month or so cure will make for some super smooth smoke.  

They look great, enjoy bro.

• Like 3

Good point on the "racy", Jack is what I call a "three chopper" strain, if harvested to early, that's how many DEA choppers I can hear flying overhead if I smoke too much Jack! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

These are the latest fem release from the shop, got them in 2018, so probably F8 or F9 or maybe even F10.

I think I'll also get a regular pack, these ladies are stellar ;)

Cheers

• Like 2

Sannie's Jack, pheno #1 just before harvest:
6275145_Jack1_harvest1.thumb.jpg.2a88b7dc878681ce4572edd3ad59faf3.jpg

Seems like a great yielder, buds are tight and very resinous. But you already knew that ;)

Cheers

• Like 3

nice cola can't wait for the smoke report in a couple mths. congrats dude,

i've got a few small buds of JH left i'd give it a 7 and my first Jh an 8. i passed up the killer jack over a decade ago. i didn't want polyhybrids much and went for more ibl/simpler hybrids, past on black domina too smdh lol. at least i have some of the BD and i think a cross of it  too hmm, :wave:

• Like 2

Sounds nice,

I'm also thinking of crossing something with Sannie's Jack, maybe a haze, Panama or something similar. BD sounds great too.

Give it a try!

Cheers

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 1:05 PM, Balarama said:

I think I'll also get a regular pack, these ladies are stellar ;)

They are indeed! Sannie's Jack is not seen often around here but if so she always impresses.

Hope you'll let us know about the smoke

Have a good time, well sure you will with such a harvest...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Balarama said:

I'm also thinking of crossing something with Sannie's Jack, maybe a haze, Panama or something similar.

Sounds cool! Why not Underground's ColJam? Well I think there are many nice sativas which would be worth it. I'm sure Sannie's Jack would enhance them nicely

• Like 1

For sure I'll post a smoke report, no worries ;)

I tend to think it's better to cross with a mostly inbred variety rather than with an F1, I did some F1xF1 crosses but the progeny variation is big, so an inbred var like Panama or Sannie's Jack would be a much better choice imo.

Cheers

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Balarama said:

I tend to think it's better to cross with a mostly inbred variety

Very true! You seem to have it already figured out....

Good Luck

• Like 2

Today the second Jack was harvested, just before going to party for new year's eve :)

Sannie's Jack, pheno #2 harvested after 11 weeks of 12/12, looks just right

SanJack2_harvest.thumb.jpg.2862498806c34ee56856c237165c0fff.jpg

Wish you all a happy and healthy 2019!

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

u say just right, I say DYNOMITE :) . BEAUTIFUL I COULDN'T RESIST

ur idea about breeding is spot on. only serious treasure hunters take the large variation route.  If i had space and circumstances I'd do a lot of treasure hunting while doing faster breeding schemes as well.  it's fun to think about for me but rather it be my reality. Hell, I'm still fortunate and will accept my circumstances.

have a wonderful new year and congrats on a nice harvest :verrygood:j

• Like 2