•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Maria sanchez

Hi there OpenGrow crew! -- from Maria

Hi Maria, and welcome! Sorry to be late but I've been MIA for a bit... Should be back and bothersome soon.

peace

mrG

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, Collie Weed said:

@Maria sanchez welcome to OG Maria.:wave:

Nice little plants you had there,despite the humidity they really made the best outta the worst.:tu

If you attempt to grow on waterlogged soil,you can also plant bags of soil with the bottom removed/pierced in a undeep hole.
You just leave 2/3 of the bag out of the ground so you have some elevation.

OR

you can put in a drainage tubing since you grow in the mountains,you have different elevations and thus you can let the gravity take te access water away better.

I'd take the last option since you'll be back for more in the future i guess?
Just takes more sweat,but is better for the soil and thus your plants.

You can also use a thick layer of cocosfibers packed loose in a small trench with gravel on top as a drainage,since you live somewhere in Asia that cocofibre should be an abundant resource right?;)

Hey @Collie Weed,

Yeah, it was super wet and humid there, weather reports saying 85%-95% throughout flowering, insane...

I used cloth pots (smart pot style, local cheap ones), knowing that it would help dry the soil.

Putting them in the ground not good, make it even wetter.

I've left that place, so don't have that anymore.

Did a winter grow outside about 50 km away, on the flat, out of the mountains. A few little plants.

Coco easy to find there, true.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, Maria sanchez said:

Hi there OpenGrow crew!

This is Maria. Just got an account here after lurking for maybe a year.

Was drawn in through Sannies work, which looks so impressive.

I used to grow about 20 years ago. Indoors.

First with sativas local to my home area, breeding for indoor, maybe to F4 or so.

Then crossing those with Dutch strains like NL, Silver Pearl and Afghani.

That's when Dutch hybrids first started to appear in my home town.

Had some real nice F1 and F2 hybrids, esp with my local indoor sativa X NL mother.

Got out of growing for a long time. Back into it two years ago.

This time doing mainly autos and some photos.

Outdoor guerrilla grows, in a new location, sub-tropical.

Found that with near year-long 12/12 light cycles, photos grow like autos outdoors.

Even did a winter grow outdoors.

And recently finished a very cheap and easy indoor micro grow.

That was mainly CBD plants, some CBD:THC, some straight THC.

Was doing Sweet Seeds, Fast Buds, Dinafem, Dutch Passion, Heavyweight strains.

Now in another new place, tropical climate.

Want to try some long sativas outside, just like 12/12 from seed.

Sannies' Jack (reg) and Killing Fields (fem) seemed like a great option.

Waiting on some beans in the post now.

Will have to do some prep work for the guerilla garden.

New area, still checking possible sites.

Will be a challenge, not expecting too much out of it.

Just a little herb as a result will be fantastico.

You can see some of my other grows.

Just Google or whatever Maria Sanchez and Autoflower... (AFN).

Love and hugs,

MJS

:engel

:wub:

hello! you will have a lot of fun with sativas like SJF9 and KF just give a lot of soil!  local sativas x NL a resipe for succsest. ;)

saludos.

• Like 1

Hi Maria, I did google your name and autoflower and went to the images and you have some monsters! Very impressive growing skills. Hope all is well. See you around, peace

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 6:50 AM, Ganjafarmer said:

hello! you will have a lot of fun with sativas like SJF9 and KF just give a lot of soil!  local sativas x NL a resipe for succsest. ;)

saludos.

Hey there @Ganjafarmer!

I'd love to have them straight in mother earth, some nicely turned over soil, or big pots.

But my luck hasn't been good lately, and due to the heat and security concerns, haven't got a successful start.

Will be working on more over the summer...

On 2/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, Mr Goodfellow said:

Hi Maria, I did google your name and autoflower and went to the images and you have some monsters! Very impressive growing skills. Hope all is well. See you around, peace

Hey @Mr Goodfellow

Hehe, you found some of my pics over at <Another Forum>. ;-)

But, they're not monsters at all!!!! Thanks for the compliment, though.

Did have one fairly okay run with a bunch of autos two years back.

I want to do some of my own pollen chucking with autos.

Maybe some of Sannies' strains, photo X autos, and breed out to F2 for the auto genes to come through into the auto pheno.

• Like 1

That sounds like a nice project and would interest a few people around here.! Happy grows, hope the heat lets up for you.

peace

I understand Maria.

May this break lower your tolerance to the point you will be so happy you could cry when it is done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hempyfan said:

May this break lower your tolerance to the point you will be so happy you could cry when it is done.

Wow, I wonder what it would be like to have a low tolerance, again...???  :rolleyes2:

In the old days, unfortunately, getting busted was one way I got my tolerance back in check... more than once. Hopefully it will pass for you quickly. peace

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 3:08 AM, Mr Goodfellow said:

oh man. so sorry.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:34 PM, gardenartus said:

Sorry to hear that Maria.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, Hempyfan said:

I understand Maria.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, Mr Goodfellow said:

Wow, I wonder what it would be like to have a low tolerance, again...???  :rolleyes2:

In the old days, unfortunately, getting busted was one way I got my tolerance back in check... more than once. Hopefully it will pass for you quickly. peace

Hey there good people! Thanks for the support.

Tolerance... yeah, threw all my oils when sh!t went down...

Better safe than sorry, but in the end, no house search.

Yeah, in the end, much much better result than could have been.

A fat fine, no time inside, and it's a deferred prosecution, so no record.

Could have been a few years and some crazy sh!t like that...

In this crazy process, @sannie (the Man!) still came through.

He must have just sent out some backup KF fems as the sh!t was going down my side.

They arrived safely at my alt address, but I was freaking,

wondering if they'd been intercepted and tracked...

I held onto them, instead of throwing, and my hunch was right.

So still have that pack.

Same story happened with another big batch of testers from @La Buena Hierba.

Arrived at alt address nicely packaged up.

Almost missed a lot of them in the packaging, haha!

So have a couple of dozen of his auto regs as well.

But, no plans to drop soon, gotta stay low and play safe.

For now...

• Like 1

Ola Maria, 

nice you joined us. Ur name does sound familiar as i’m Always hopping around online checking various cannabis topics/strains. 

I’m pretty sure i’m On afn but forget email and handle to easily go back. So, I lurk mainly. I have yet to grow an auto but I have some and will get there eventually. 

Yes, you made Sistah gardenartus very happy.  Besides I like the input of women but it’s just not many of u ladies on the boards sadly. 

Take care and welcome 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2019 at 7:15 PM, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

Ola Maria, 

nice you joined us. Ur name does sound familiar as i’m Always hopping around online checking various cannabis topics/strains. 

I’m pretty sure i’m On afn but forget email and handle to easily go back. So, I lurk mainly. I have yet to grow an auto but I have some and will get there eventually. 

Yes, you made Sistah gardenartus very happy.  Besides I like the input of women but it’s just not many of u ladies on the boards sadly. 

Take care and welcome 

Hey there Sacred Plant Warrior!

Yeah, I'm also on AFN, but under a new nic there now. Old nic has been changed there too.

Give those autos a try. Some of them now seriously kick ass.

===============

Fall is here and winter coming.

Which around here means daily temps of around 15 C - 22 C or so.

In other words, not very cold at all.

I've done winter grows here outside before, just a couple of little ones hidden in the long grass.

So... thinking about doing something with my fairly good sized stash of LBH's auto reg beans.

Have taken out 2 seeds each of three strains -- Auto Jack Herer, Auto Copacabana Haze, and ... something else!

Am thinking of doing something super simple:

Just prepare 6 of those little coco peat seed starter pellets, drop a single bean in each, and then plant them out.

There are some urban gardens around here, which tend to be not much worked over winter.

And let nature do the work.

Maybe nothing happens, no germination or just can't survive without care in the wilds.

Or maybe something does grow.

Just for fun.

Need to be careful though.

I now around here that the Law will put up cameras around discovered gardens.

And the Law now knows who I am.

Maybe just grow them and watch from afar, but not tend or touch them, so they can't pin anything.

In my dreams, maybe the auto regs will seed and start a wild landrace, haha!

• Like 1

Maria, I'm glad you're doing ok and got off easy... it could have easily been much worse for you.

At times, I grow cannabis plants that I have altered the "look" of, so they will "hide" better among the other plants in my backyard and are not so easily seen (if seen at all) by those that know what cannabis plants look like when they are growing.  Topping, odd pruning, leaf cutting are some of the methods I use to disguise plants in my yard from possible prying eyes.

This year I grew five medium sized cannabis plants around 5' tall behind a screen of different plants that were similar in color. I grew two similar phenos of my Coso Kush and three very different, but fantastic, phenos of NAW's PCK x HeadCandy.

The Coso's were a medium/dark green and the PCK x HeadCandy were medium green. Once flowering started, the Coso's had dark green flowers and the PCK x HeadCandy had one solid purple flower, one green/purple flower and one solid green flower. Not too hard to conceal in my yard and growing outdoors in this county is a big no no.

The fragrance was light, sweet and local... the plants didn't have too strong of a smell until after they were harvested and cured.

Your outdoor temps should be ok for winter growing, a little on the cool side I'd say, but as long as the roots stay on the warmer side, the plant will grow just fine. The plants canopy can take much cooler weather than the roots can.

As a guerrilla grower, you may find it very difficult to grow plants and not tend to them or to only be able to watch them from afar. That could drive a grower to insanity!

• Like 1