•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
jodykwik

Thoughts on mainlining in octopots?

Curious if anyone has mainlined or fluxed while growing in octopots? Or your experience in growing in octopots in general? I started two in a 5x5 and am a total first timer with growing this way.  Looking forward to this sort of Kratky/hempy-ish mash up that Octopots seem to be.

• Like 1

Never used octopots,  but I have mainlined/fluxed and it shouldn't be any different. Maybe recover a little quicker from the pruning and training than regular soil.  

Give it a shot and show us how it's working for you.

• Like 2

I cut a 11inch circle out of metal garden fence and use that to tie down the stems I try to keep it at the same hight as the mainline starts once they reach the end of the screen I stop topping and just let them fill out 

peace 

• Like 1

I started out by following the instructions in this link, https://www.growweedeasy.com/fluxing

My "flux" wasn't as pretty, but I ended up with over 60 colas on one plant and over 40 on the other. Between the two plants, Sannie's Jack and Kinky Blaze I almost filled a 5'x7' screen. 

Here is a link to my thread https://www.opengrow.com/topic/52287-first-ever-grow-not-a-journal-just-want-to-share-a-bit/?do=findComment&comment=729951

There are a couple of pics in there of how I started, but I didn't take many at first. Didn't plan on doing a journal.

good luck bro, it takes a bit of work, but really helps you learn what kind of abuse these girls can handle. 

• Like 3

Hi @Justcozz I read the same article it’s a good one 

that’s a great sight for all sort info 

I started topping at the 4 th node usually 

this time I started  topping when they were only 3 to 4 inches tall they are still in the 5x5 x7 plastic pots so when I transfer them to there final pot (3 gallon fabric bags) I try to plant them in deeper to keep them all the same size then I put a screen on them and shape them in to that fluxing form 

peace 

• Like 2