•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
jodykwik

Thoughts on mainlining in octopots?

Hi guys I am so pleased with this method  

I just cut wire garden fencing into 12x 12 sq to start supported by building a base out of the same wire 

then started the process @Hamme Hydro not sure what form of hydro you grow in but you should be able to adapt 

here is the rest of the girls 

lost in space   Sinister 

blue moon magoo  Sinister 

and 

buddas hand brohdie 

did not mean to hijack this thread 

paps

008583E8-2EB6-4333-AC65-7B78845652DB.jpeg

3DBB5B6F-5B51-424D-B0C7-FA2D2794388B.jpeg

1DA6B74B-5584-478E-8317-BF30CD72D7AE.jpeg

• Like 8

Do not know how I missed this one. :) I had the LA make her own scrog in the Ocotopot. But I have not intentionally. She pulled a monster load of bud.

la cheese 5 13 18 underside.jpg

la cheese 5 13 18.jpg

• Like 9

Damn Gardenartus, that girl is huge. Very nice job. 

• Like 3

Damn. Awesome to see these pics. Have to say, my flux/mainline got out of control because I had to take off for a couple of weeks at a crucial time...but what I did do is just stretch things to the sides a bit b/c i got a couple of those octos with cage surroundings. Probably got 15 really decent colas on this one even though it headed vertical on me rather than horizontal.  

But checking out these responses has me planning for the next round.  :)

Actually, since I've only grown outside and often harvest is determined entirely by weather, I'm just loving being able to time things out. Peace!

20181126_182720.jpg

• Like 7

Awesome gald to see it’s working out 

what size octopots did you get 

i was thinking of the 3 gallon ones do to space  

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 3

Totally agreed on the 6 being worth it! :) 

I had been tossing the idea around of starting a 4x2 veg tent and jamming four 3's in there since they're only a foot wide and apparently the tower fits both a 3 & 6. Then flowering 6's in a 5x5 like this time around. Haven't tried it out yet so it's all still a daydream.

But damn, watching what a root system does in a 6 is just plain amazing! :)

Here's a question for Octo growers..., do you recycle your particular growing mix from your towers? I grew 2 parts coco and 1 part Stonington Blend.  I'm a couple weeks from changeover and was curious...

• Like 1

I should recycle but I don't, just use promix and refill everytime.

My grow rooms are small and have 4 in each room, of the 6 gallon :) Like 4 x 5, and 5x6

• Like 1

I really want to try these 

my tent is only 40” x 40” by 60 hi

4 would fill the space but the hight worries me 

how tall from floor to top of the bag 

I would grow scrog or similar 

hopefully I can grow horizontally to compensate 

very tight area can’t crawl around lol 

I saw what they can do in jetdro thread and I know gardenartist loves them and I’ve seen her work so I believe 

still on the fence 

i do have 90 in high in the room but I would need to modify the tent 

advice welcome

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 2

Put them in smaller then you normally do, and I would do a scrog like you are saying if worried about height. You really wont' be sorry if you pick some up. You are going to go, Why did I wait! ha! Imagine since you will produce so much, you won't need to grow out as much :)

They are tall @Papalag but yeah, you'll be impressed. Veg time is amazing amazing. Just watching plants drink what they want, when they want is a great experience. They're kind of just excellent growing partners...whatever your plants want they'll tell you with the octos.

They changed my life with growing :) Having to grow perpetual due to law and plant count, the ocotpots actually make that easier. I don't have to put as many plants in, because my yields are larger. Since I don't have to flower out as many, and use up plant count, I can keep as many mom's as I would like, right now have 28 breeds lol and you guys think you are greedy about seeds ha ha! . I have to consider seedlings, and any, even non rooted if in any growing medium including water what a shit law doesn't need roots to be considered a plant, in that count as well. So the Ocotopots play really nice in my set up.

• Like 3

I think I've grown out at least 200 strains lol. If not more :) Not only do the nice folks here send me seeds, I get clones from the locals here, seeds too lol. I am lucky that way, have access to a lot of nice genetics.

• Like 4

Ok I am ordering 6 gallon octopots for Christmas 4 each 

@gardenartus I have access to pro mix but which one and do you add amendments like you do with soil 

I will order Texas tomatoe food as well 

Thanks again for your advice 

• Like 2

I use Promix BX, I add some mykos to the soil when I transplant, use Orcas in the one room where I have them hooked to a res. That is about it, this is such an easy way to grow. Sometimes folks found the Texas tomato food was too hot, that is about it to watch out for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just curious since this is my first indoor grow and timing things out is somewhat of a new concept. When growing outside, living in a northern clime, I basically just pulled my guerrilla grows right before the first frost and just hoped I got lucky...

Do these look within a few days of being done???

Ha. You guys are way more experienced than me in the more refined skills...  :)

20181210_171545.jpg

20181210_171306.jpg

• Like 1

They sure look close to me, but it's all subjective to what you like. Look at them with a loupe, if they are mostly cloudy then they are ready whenever you are. Some like a lot of amber, so that could mean a couple of weeks. 

Pull a bud, dry it out and test it. If you like the effects, chop her down. If she has too much head high for you, let her go longer.  Either way, she looks very nice, and I'm sure she will be a pleasure to smoke.

• Like 1

Hi @jodykwik I look the hairs 

Has 75 % of them turned color?

are the hairs withered ?

and like justcozz said use a loop 

I like a mix of 75 % cloudly and the rest Amber  or as close as possible 

and I always pick a small bud quick dri and give it a try 

I can’t see the trichs as well as I used to so the over all look of the plant tells you when 

peace 

• Like 2

Your hairs are a good indication. I check through a scope, and go by the hairs. LOL kind of repeat of what Pap is saying and JC. If you like more a heavy feel, let them go to more till you see amber, if you like more uppy feel, pull before too much amber. Amber is CBN and gives you more of a couchlock feel.

• Like 3