•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
jodykwik

Thoughts on mainlining in octopots?

Thanks @Justcozz @gardenartus and @Papalag. Going with what all y'all have said and vibing it out. Not as good at reading the trich's yet..., seems clear to white at the moment. Only have seen a couple amber. It's actually a pain in the butt looking through the hand scope i have. Lol. I'm guessing that when the vibe says the plant isn't really pulling any more water and remaining fan leaves are looking like they're thinking of hitching to the next realm more than hanging in the one they're at is maybe a time when the trich's are lining up pretty well. We'll see. Lol. Thanks for the great insight. Peace.

• Like 4

Hi there 

mostly cloudy some white not ready 

all cloudy good uplifting smoke 

all cloudy 15 to 20 % amber for me good to go a bit couch locked 

more the the above very narcotic 

be careful not to wait to long then she’s on the decline 

thats why I always try a small bud 

just to make sure 

and just for haha’s here’s a pic of the  my girls 

C5E74EC2-0E5B-46FD-A3A8-155A382CBB54.jpeg

• Like 9

I was watching a video by the octopot people and you can use a soil mix like happy frog just add 40 % perlite    So no need for me to get rid of all my mix 

so I ordered 4 for Christmas and there on sale for 53$ US 

they have a lame scrog net attachment frig that I all ready figured out how to mainline my ladies 

peace

• Like 3

That's a pretty good deal. Damn, wished my Christmas shopping wasn't already done, I'd jump on a few.

• Like 2

You guys I got my last 6 free, don't hit or hate me lol. I tried to tell them 3 times the charge didn't go through, they kept telling me it did. I held my breath the first year, next year I decided I must have gotten 6 Free Octopots! I sure ain't complaining ;)

• Like 4

On 11/27/2018 at 2:34 AM, Papalag said:

@Hamme Hydro not sure what form of hydro you grow in but you should be able to adapt 

I'm growing plants on slabs one plant per slab that i cut in half and watering goes by hand. 

IMG_4249.JPG

I really don't know where to attach the twigs to, or where to place sticks that are stable enough. So i am considering to install a net and do a scrogg instead, or perhaps just prune the plants.

• Like 5

What he said ^^^^^

Using a screen is simple, and it allows you to spread the girls out taking maximum advantage of the light. Give it a shot Hamme.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Papalag said:

I was watching a video by the octopot people and you can use a soil mix like happy frog just add 40 % perlite    So no need for me to get rid of all my mix 

so I ordered 4 for Christmas and there on sale for 53$ US 

they have a lame scrog net attachment frig that I all ready figured out how to mainline my ladies 

peace

Well thanks to you and @gardenartus I just spent money I didn't need right before Xmas, ordered 2 of the damn things 6 gal. You all convinced me to give it a go, so I'm going to try the soil mix I use in them and if I like, I'll build more myself. Looks like a grow stress relieving system to me.

Thanks!

Baq

• Like 3

Great looking plants.  If those were mine, i would perform some defoliation.  If i were more able bodied, i could see trying a SCROG.  SCROGs are not for me though.  If those were mine, i would be thinking of flowering them already.

• Like 1

@Hamme Hydro I agree with @Gardener defoliation is the way to go 

you can build a scrog stand with pvc for very little money and you should be able use the netting just don’t make it too loose 

@baqualin sorry about that :j

peace 

• Like 3

I never tried defoliation and i read mixed reviews about it. I'll try a scrog first for this round. The plants cannot go into flower yet because they need to fill up 2/3 of the whole room first. Normally i would use ten times as much plants, but i live in Holland. The country where you can get hung for having more than five plants. When growing five however you get no guarantees, they can still kick you out of your house. 

• Like 1

Trying Promix next run the octos. Going to test it against coco/stonington blend mix. I'm guessing is six of one half dozen of another. If so Promix makes sense...since it's already mixed. lol. Peace!

Yeah, love the Octopots. Growing some Thai genetics right now and it grew so top heavy, in a hurry i had to prop it up young. That's okay, the stems catch up and get way thick in the octos. For all you guys trying your first run in them they'll rock it out for you. Like everyday, it'll be like: damn, haven't seen that before!! lol

• Haha 1

I made this with pvc and 50# test fishing line. If I ever restring it I will use something with bigger diameter. The line is taut and I have cut/damaged buds and stems with the thin stuff.

Pvc pipes and 4 elbows are all you need, less than $10. No glue required. I intended to use legs to stand it up over the plants but they pushed the screen up. Now I just zip tie it to the tent poles.

20181001_163823.jpg

• Like 5

I have to chuckle, yep I forgot about that shock value when you use the Ocotopots, you can watch them sprout up from one day to the next. You have to really watch how large you put them in! They will outgrow your rooms. Trying to find pics of how small I used to put them in at, and how fast they grow. You all are gonna be amazed. Someone needs to do a time lapse on them.

Found the pics, the first is the size I put a Grape Earth in, two weeks in is second picture. The third pic is different breed, put in about same size, and that is what 3 weeks looks like.

size plants go in.jpg

size of grape earth after two weeks.jpg

size plants three weeks.jpg

• Like 4

@gardenartus, wow, those are great.

I just checked out the Octopot home page. All the 3 gallon ones are out of stock. The 6 gallon are $52 each or 6 for $151 ($42 each). Hope the stay on sale until after the New Year. Christmas money is spent, damn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justcozz said:

@gardenartus, wow, those are great.

I just checked out the Octopot home page. All the 3 gallon ones are out of stock. The 6 gallon are $52 each or 6 for $151 ($42 each). Hope the stay on sale until after the New Year. Christmas money is spent, damn.

They're fast ship, ordered mine over the weekend and are scheduled to hit my door tomorrow. I have 2) 6 gals coming, wish I had gone withe the 6 pack now. I order the one with the grate because it looks stronger to me. If they stay on sale I may order more. Since I'm shut down for the move to Colorado, I'm not even unboxing them till I get there, same goes for the other things I've gotten in, new tent, new LED lights, filter system, Basalt dust, Pumice Rock, Bags of EWC's and other nutes. Half the van I'm using to move will be full of grow equipment, what a way to start over.

Looks like we're becoming the Octocrew on here.:rofl

Best,

Baq

• Like 2